• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

squarepants micra blog

looks well nice with them alloys on

bargain at that price also how good is the single wiper in the slammin down rain ?

it doesnt have a single wiper...but when it did it stayed on for about a week untill it rained it was rubbish, so took it off...was the chavvyest mod ever lol.

ok so now the car is stripped, so next up on my list are lower spec window winders (insted of my heavy electric ones) prefacelift door cards, inc rubber window seal (facelift ones are built into the plastic trim on the door card) faceliftdoor arm rests. solid rear 1/4 windows and window seal (ready for plastic rear 1/4 windows)

then obv plastic front side windows and rear 1/4 :) then the interior weight is kept low!

i think it the inside rubber seal that scratchs it (will all the crap getting stuck in the seal) seeing as mine is off i might just leave it off. decided to keep my electric windows...and just have the drivers armrest inc swith and blank off the pass door card with thin metal or carbon.

pics.
P1010323.jpg

P1010324.jpg

P1010325.jpg

my fire extinguisher (powder)
P1010326.jpg

oh the extingshire isnt mounted, need opions on where to fit it.

fire extinguisher if its one of the mini ones...it can fit nicely on the support rail that runs under the the passenger/drivers seat...push seat all the way back and it lies on the floor while being bolted to the mount...doesnt interfere with the seat, is easy to get to and shouldnt get hit if you have any passengers in.

Are you putting buckets in this?

yes, i lent it to swiper for his car, and is now at my mates work (garage)having the sub frame welded.

fire extinguisher if its one of the mini ones...it can fit nicely on the support rail that runs under the the passenger/drivers seat...push seat all the way back and it lies on the floor while being bolted to the mount...doesnt interfere with the seat, is easy to get to and shouldnt get hit if you have any passengers in.

sadly its not a mini one, its small but not a chavvy one you get from halfords (half the size) so i was thinking of mounting it on the dash, or on the piller where the tweater is....but i dont want to drill to much :( i was thinking of bolting it to the floor in the pass footwell?

Goodo, i hate stripped car's with standard seats..

If you could have it in the footwell, but right up under the dash it'd be prefect if you ask me :)

Or, it would be cool if you could mount it in the glove box, so when you open it it flips down.

just something to think on if you mount it up high and its not really well fixed down and you have a smash you could end up with it flying round the car and smacking you / passenger in the head/face :ghostface , plus if it were to knock the valve off it would be like a mini misile in your car i would fitt it down low and make sure its well fited and easy to get to if you need it in a hurry!

it fits in the glove box...but i carnt screw it into it as the screw will be visiable from the outside lol...and i would mount it under the seat but someone could sets it off by accident :S

P1010337.jpg

my carbon mirrors :)

also took my dash board out, and removed my heaters....

was gonna keep them out....

but would be crap for everyday useage, so just took the black carpet stuff out from behined the dash(its heavy stuff! saying its carpet), then i put the heaters back then the dash board.

oh yes there real carbon! and are the size of 2 memory cards! there mega small and mega light also, aryodynamic!

put my heatrs back in now lol

.... has window winders insted of electric motors now aswell! you might think iam mad! but i preffer them :S plus i thought they would weight less than electric ones but theres not even a notice weight diffrance when you hold them in your hand! so was abit annoyed the fact i spent £15 on them to be no diffrent! (also imo winders go with the stripped out race look)

also re-locted my battery to the boot this afternoon, gonna put my kill switch in when i get time aswell (put it up front, below the dash i think?)

as for losing weight, been to the scrapyard and got fixed rear 1/4 rubber seals (i have pop outs) so gonna get some perspex rear 1/4 and front side windows made up!.....

reason i wanted them fixed is because i dont think pop outs would be strong engough to be made out of perspex they might bow with the wind etc?

tbh i think ive done everything i can to lose weight without making it a track car! trying to keep it good for everyday useage! .....

altough its off the road at the mo, until a couple of months :)

will get pics up of stuff when i get time.

Ahhh... reminds me of my old K11, except if you were hardcore like I was you'd cut out the bottom of the dashboard, have no heaters or headunit, no speakers, no boot or front panel blanking plates, no heatshields, no backbox... the amount of stuff we ripped out filled a small skip!

lol corbs, bet it was crap for everyday road use! i dont want to come to my car in the morning to find out the windows are steamed up, its frezzing inside all the time iam driving from home to work!

battery relocation:
P1010346.jpg

just chucked my seat in and harness... (still needs to be welded)
P1010347.jpg

winders on electric fit door cards :p kept my pockets for stuff to go in and took of my inside rubber seal (as it may scratch my perspex windows)
P1010348.jpg

hard as nails stance....

P1010349.jpg

P1010351.jpg

re-located air filter....
P1010352.jpg

P1010353.jpg

just put foil around where it sits to keep the hot air out near that area. not the best job i know but o well

it came with a BMC carbon enclosed kit that a friend had, altough he sold the car with the rest of the kit on bar the air feed :s

well screw the k&n lol ive just got a genuine HKS filter! came from an import mr2! got it for £15 inc the piping! just needs a replace-ment sponge!

P1010359.jpg

P1010356.jpg

dont know what this means? looks like a tourque graph or somthing lol? could mean hks tourqe filter? or hks power filter?? :s
P1010360.jpg

oh and my K10 super s steering wheel! (tommos old one)
P1010362.jpg

yearh lol the white string is fastened to a bit of metal thats out of sight, just keeps it in place abit lol also same with the awsome pink string :p

fuction over form!

is yours a real HKS one? or one of them replica, trust/hks ones?

dont clean it lol will fall to bits lol...you need to buy a brand new foam.

P1010372.jpg

sorted my off colour wheel out....everytime i painted it went creamy white insted of a bright white :s

side bump strips of next???

so u got 2 micras at age of 16 ?

luck lad lol

lol i work hard what can i say ;) nah only one is mine! the other is me mums! even my nan has a blue 1.3 micra with a stainless cat back exhaust system on! still dont make it right tho :p

insurance wise, my wheels, seat and the fact its stripped out will be informed to the insurance if i carnt get insureed! its a std 1.0 :s

p.s i didnt write the above :p

well! rang up MOT garage today and got silver thunder going in thursday! cecked it over today....and i found some faults :S

firsty the exhaust was blowing , as theres no gasket in between the back box and centre section flange...so ranged that with exhaust paste lol! even gave it a quick coat with silver heat paint just to tidy it up as it looked a mess! i know its a #### std backbox! but looks better than it did! trying to get the car clean for rising sun car show strat of next month!
P1010389.jpg

P1010390.jpg

secondly, i noticed the rear spring didnt look right....took a closer look, by trying to remove it and found out its been snapped! WTF!
P1010385.jpg

by the looks of the rust around wheres it been snapped its been snapped for some time! and ive never ntoiced! ####ty KYB lowering springs! so now need to rob the other micras rear springs until i can get some more for silverthunder. thats another job for tomorrow! rear spring swapping!

list so far:
drivers sill
front cross member
rear spring

plus i think one of the tyres has slight inner wear. but thats not much of an issue for me as i have another set of alloys round spare.

tbh not much of a list but still annoys me! just want it to get through and be ready for rising sun show!

looking good mate :D

you could loose the mud guards and rear boot handle, also the panel on the inside of the boot. plenty more to be lost ;)

but just to let you know, you MUST have a heater to pass the mot.

nah like the mud gaurds...nice and suitiable, just something about them lol....exterior boot handle? iam keeping lol, no point in the removale of it, plus need it for the number plate lights.... oh i removed the interior boot panel a couple of weeks ago! was tempted to re-move the rear wiper, but it comes in handy ;)

p.s heaters are back in, so is the dash ;)

silver thunder update:
new bumper on
cailpers silver
lightweight motegi racing wheel nuts on
and brock super cups on!
plus cold air feed in front bumper agian

failed the MOT today aswell on:
front spring fractured-gay cheap KYB springs :(
cross member fubared
reg plate in window
exhaust emmissons
nearside rear tyre low tread
and hand brake

i have put my brocks on because the tyres are quite new. and theres a car show up coming.

P1010399.jpg

oh my car yesterday on bump stops! has std rear springs in now tho!
P1010391.jpg

de-bump striped plus now std! the only mod is my willans harness....
P1010405.jpg

P1010406.jpg

P1010408.jpg

fixed rear 1/4 windows...i dont like pop outs! just my personal opion :p
P1010407.jpg

bodged painted engine bay :p with std 1.0 engine...
P1010409.jpg

top model....si basiclly the facelift super s/ sr.....gonna put pop outs back on and electric windows.... went through abit of a low spec wannabe phase :S

lol corbs, bet it was crap for everyday road use! i dont want to come to my car in the morning to find out the windows are steamed up, its frezzing inside all the time iam driving from home to work!

battery relocation:
P1010346.jpg

Is that a sealed battery, doesn't look like it? I think they need to be vented to outside the car to pass an MOT...o_O

Edit: Too late, just seen its back to standard again :laugh:

Back