South meet - the pics, the stories!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
A good day was had by most, but as people may have heard, Spike was rammed at the lights, causing quite a bit of damage to his K11. Very unlucky mate but hopefully you can get in touch and clame your money back from them.

The rest of the day i felt was excellent! Apart from my car misbehaving in portsmouth, i managed to get it home without any sign of a hitch!

Think we had quite a good turn out today, some nice cars on display. Quite liking Ollie's k11, coming along nice, and Nex's has had some serious improvements!! Just sort out the wiring :p

Pics to follow..

Looking forward to the next one! Well organised Fox, cheers for your efforts.

first of all wheres my wifes recognition??!! lol as she did all the organising for me.
i'll post pics up tomorrow.
the day started pretty well but then as rimmer said spike, nex and detox were in a accident. after nex and detox stopped at traffic lights spike stopped just behind and a audi a4 with portsmouth footy fans in went straight into the back of spike which pushed him into the back of nex. nex's car is barely damaged but spikes is written off. the guy didnt want insurance companys involved n offered £300 to pay for damages but did he show NO! spike has severe whiplash and we took him to the police station with a non-existent address from his partner, a first name and mobile number which are real. spike will give details. hope everythings gets sorted soon for u. other than that it was a fun day.
ON A DOWN SIDE;
a member of this club showed us up by ragging a volvo of his friend around the car park several times, no-one was amused just annoyed. name shall not be revealed yet as matters need sorting first!

wow some amazing pics

Nex mate....is that yours with the towbar ?

impressed with all the cars there, everyone looks happy !!!!!! lol

sorry for the raggin comletely forgot about the forum rules ( shame on me ) i did say that i wasnt happy about doin it. and it was only 2 passes and i went very slow up the end with the kid's.

NEX check ur chassis at back as ur towbar may have damaged it i forgot this.
and im not sayin anythin about what happened its up to kev now.
THANK U VERY MUCH TO JAMES FOR TAKING US HOME!! we had some very frosty receptions when we got home lol.

Also, users when signing up to the MSC agree to T&C's related to acting like an arse in public at meets etc.. anyway, lets not let this stupid incidient effect the great day most of us had! Keep the pics and good stuff coming :)

I got in about half hour ago.

I am exhausted. lol

Was a good meet (275 mile) round trip. lol

ABout 550 miles in meets in 6 days :D Santa Pod Sunday - Portsmouth today :D

Arnold said:
Think we had quite a good turn out today, some nice cars on display. Quite liking Ollie's k11, coming along nice, and Nex's has had some serious improvements!! Just sort out the wiring :p

Thanking you very much Arnold :D

I'm loving NeXs beast!!! He just needs to figure out what all those switches do. lol.

Oh and Welly.....nice to see you cleaned your car :p And are you sick of looking at my rear bumper?? All the way from pod to dartford, and halfway around portsmouth. lol

paddymarsden said:
wow some amazing pics

Nex mate....is that yours with the towbar ?

impressed with all the cars there, everyone looks happy !!!!!! lol

oh yea :D will do a propper post about exactly what has changed on the car reacently ;)

paul_k10_Lx said:
sorry for the raggin comletely forgot about the forum rules ( shame on me ) i did say that i wasnt happy about doin it. and it was only 2 passes and i went very slow up the end with the kid's.
I can't believe I'm reading this, could you actually be any more stuipid? You do realise that this is the first time other memembers have made such a fuss over the driving of another MSC member, unfortunately for us there is relativly little we can do other than to highlight what an idiot you are for behaving so recklessly. I quote from another member "Acting like a complete and utter prat". You can be sure the admin of this site are way less than unhappy about this whole thing.

"comletely forgot about the forum rules ( shame on me ) " WHAT is that all about? Hello, what about common sense and what you were taught when you did your test. Any open public space does, as I'm sure your aware does fall under the same laws as the road, as such at the very least if you were caught you would be facing charges of, reckless driving, driving without due care or attention or even dangerous driving, and rightly so.

well here they are the pics first of i thought the msc southern members needed some style so here is where we had are meal

Attachments

• the meal room.jpg
    the meal room.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 267
so far there's been something missing.

i'm sure everyone will agree so here gos

A BIG BIG THANKS to fox and PARTNER for organising the day.
top notch job.

and here is the car pictures

Attachments

• PA140007.JPG
    PA140007.JPG
    551.8 KB · Views: 267
  • PA140009.JPG
    PA140009.JPG
    551.5 KB · Views: 240
  • PA140008.JPG
    PA140008.JPG
    550.1 KB · Views: 239
  • PA140006.JPG
    PA140006.JPG
    571.5 KB · Views: 222
  • PA140005.JPG
    PA140005.JPG
    568.8 KB · Views: 265
  • PA140004.JPG
    PA140004.JPG
    522.9 KB · Views: 251
  • PA140003.JPG
    PA140003.JPG
    538.8 KB · Views: 242
  • PA140002.JPG
    PA140002.JPG
    555.9 KB · Views: 243
  • PA140001.JPG
    PA140001.JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 270
  • the members.jpg
    the members.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 259
  • PA140010.JPG
    PA140010.JPG
    570.2 KB · Views: 246
  • PA140011.JPG
    PA140011.JPG
    521.6 KB · Views: 242
  • PA140012.JPG
    PA140012.JPG
    536.6 KB · Views: 258
  • PA140013.JPG
    PA140013.JPG
    528.6 KB · Views: 231
  • PA140014.JPG
    PA140014.JPG
    528.4 KB · Views: 237
  • PA140015.JPG
    PA140015.JPG
    534.8 KB · Views: 247
dont worry welly this is just the start me and my wife will start looking into the lazer quest in southampton next but we will be looking at dates after xmas now.

only downside was we didnt get any pics of the public as we all convoyed from gunwarf down to southsea a big line of 6 micras and the almera leading i should of also go a pic of james and ollies face on the way home when they saw all the pompey uni students dressed up in school uniform

that definatley was a good thing to see was almost thinking of going clubbing down. just wasn'nt sure if i had enough money for a car park.lol

ooh that reminds me, i owe james 20p,

cos i paid him the £1 i owed him...........................in 2ps lol :p

NeX said:
ooh that reminds me, i owe james 20p,

cos i paid him the £1 i owed him...........................in 2ps lol :p

I have such great ideas :D

Paypal it!!!

fox1983 said:
i should of also go a pic of james and ollies face on the way home when they saw all the pompey uni students dressed up in school uniform

I'm only human :D

Ollie said:
I'm only human :D
So I wasn't the only one to notice them then? Made the extra 30 mins on the journey worthwhile! :D

welly said:
that definatley was a good thing to see was almost thinking of going clubbing down. just wasn'nt sure if i had enough money for a car park.lol
I'd be well up for that! MSC Clubbing Meet, Portsmouth, School Uniform required.

:D

Wheey. What a cool day out. Im only disapointed I couldnt stay for the Micra orientated part of the day, as I had to go off to work. But it was brilliant to meet you guys, puts some faces behind the forum users.

Ended up 30minutes late for work hehe, but they dont seem to give a

Shame about the accidents, and the cost of the parking...

Cant wait for the next one near me. Southampton hopefully. Or better still, bournemouth :laugh:

next meet will possibly be around mid march 2007 where we will be in southampton at megabowl where we will do bowling and laser quest with pool table and arcade parking will be free this time so i wont have to pay for everyones parking it wont be till after xmas now though as everyone can save up for it.

bournemouth will be an event if people want to go there but we will have to see as we need to keep these as central as possible to make everyone happy
any ideas on events let me know and i will sort out eg rolling road, go karting or any other ideas either post up in the sticky i will have made pm me or text me all those who dont have my number let me know and il pm u it.

fox1983 said:
so i wont have to pay for everyones parking

Hey we paid a bit! besides you offered :p but gunwharf keys was a bit of a nightmare location to get together for pictures etc.

And turtle, i had to pay for Ems's parking too!! Still, worth it to see both cars there & have a great day out.

hehe, ahhh the financial chores of being a good bf.

I had an idea: karting at Clay Pidgeon raceway (Jenson Buttons home kart track...). Its great fun there, between Dorchester and Yeovil so far enough west for the South West members, and its in the middle of nowhere so Parking is FREE :love:

Got a cafe and clay shooting place there too so theres plenty to do.

More expensive than bowling though.

well we got a meet ideas post up so people can add ideas to the list but bare in mind some people will not want to drive all the way there just to jump in a kart and have to drive again

Arnold said:
You dont get more go kart than a k10!

ohhhh yes you do.

And you will find this when you jump back in the K10 after 30minutes karting. Its crazy. I nearly crashed by not turning enough...

looks like a good meet guys, sorry i couldnt make it, would have been a bit of a long weekend for me traveling home just to get my car then driving it all the way back then getting back to southampton, not really worth it!

Back