Got the Super S........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Well i got it.......

but tbh im far from impressed after giving it a once over, luckily due to my contacts and mates its only cost me £15 to get it "roadworthy"

2 new rear shocks one of them had NO oil! and i had to get my mate to angle grind the bolts out, i counted it bouncing 5 times (MOT failure)

the battery was the wrong type and the terminals need replacing, and the battery is not secure (MOT failure)

all the tyres bald inside, which i couldnt see on the day.... so new wheels luckily i have some nice !5's on it now so it has grip. (MOT failure)

ill have to post pics of the bakes lines for them to be belived they look like a ####ing monkey did them

and to finish it off i have to cut all the paint work as its ####ing terriable, but will shine again

Overall im not happy at all, but thanks to fox letting my rape his old car for parts its almost sorted

oh yeah almost forgot both front disc were rusted to ####! ill post pics later...

some how this car got an MOT on staurday, im seriously thinking of reporting the garage.

t all the people that thought this car was minted all i can say is "should have gone to specsavers" :D

still i have a super s now and now she's starting to look like someone gives a #### about her im happier :)

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
beofre anyone staes the obvious it was ####ing it down when i saw her so it wasnt easy to see all these faults

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Sounds like you got a right minter there. What a surprise.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Any pictures mate? Good to see another Super S in the club - despite the state its in!

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Ed said:
Sounds like you got a right minter there. What a surprise.

by the weekend she will be.. ill post pics once i feel it deserves to be posted, in regard to a conversation we had a while back ed i see what you mean now

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Didnt Quickdraw do the work for the MOT on that car? How much did you pay for it in the end?

R

ricardo_swarez

someone likes to swear, shame about the car, but super s' are getting on now, hard to find a low milege good condition one these days, good thats its going to be taken back to its former glory though

k11_998

Ex. Club Member
got my super s back on the road last friday

bought it start july
failed its mot start of august
put it in garage same day
retested it last friday

it only failed on the brake pipes and exhaust but lack of money and time hindered repairs

mine wasnt to bad when i bought it, had a couple of rust holes in the sills and bit of a leak from the chain cover, and a few shopping trolley dents from the old lady who had it last, and the above mot faults
but a mint interior sound engine and every reciept from the last five years

not bad for 400 quid

i did have to do the front discs and pads tho cos it had sat for the last 2 months

Mark

Ex. Club Member
super_k11_1275 this is the K10 section? I presume yours is a k11 because of your name?

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Its a K10!! and a complete shed by the sounds of it

EDIT - Thursday 13th Oct

Since the thread was locked, i've chatted to quickdraw and realise the 'shed' comment may have been a bit over the top. I've not personally seen the car so cant comment on its general condition. From whats been described above, most of the bits you've replaced will need replacing at some point anyway - so its not all bad :) I only said Shed based on the description given to me over the phone and not based on the information at the top of this thread.

End of edit

But will be meeting krazy saturday to check her over. Sounds like you've done a good job on repairing it!

Mark

Ex. Club Member
Why have you made a thread complaining about the car you have bought? you paid 550 quid for a 13 year old car, its not gonna be perfect!

So what if it needs a few bits replaceing? tyres, shocks brakes? they all need replacing at some part of a cars life,

I was gonna buy that car a while back for 150quid but decided it was too far for me to travel.

oh and yeah it must be a shed cause it needs a few bits replacing! get over it

Matt, what a pointless and crap thread...

MSC Robotnik

I am the Eggman! That's what I am...
That's rather harsh Mark. Consider that an official warning. And in fact, its akin to the behaviour Matt was on about in his other thread.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Mark said:
oh and yeah it must be a shed cause it needs a few bits replacing! get over it

Get over what lmfao??? I've spoken to krazy about his car and he'd probably use the same words as i have!!

Just because we're not discussing your super s, or you have some weird idea that im jealous of you because you have one, doesnt mean you have to stick your rediculous comments or opinions in here. If the thread is crap, why post? to cause an arguement? That kind of behaviour will earn you warnings, also, it just makes you look rediculous

I really havent got a clue why you behave so childish at times

MSC Robotnik

I am the Eggman! That's what I am...
Mark said:
what was harsh? me pointing out that this is a pointless thread?
Well
Mark said:
That was for starters. And rude too...

As for this thread, I think it's somewhat lost the plot so I am going to lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.