Fitted My New Wheels Today:
NewWheelsOn.jpg

NewWheelsOn5.jpg

NewWheelsOn2.jpg

NewWheelsOn3.jpg

NewWheelsOn4.jpg

NewWheelsOn6.jpg

NewWheelsOn7.jpg

Look Awesome However As Expected There Is Tyre Rub On All Four Corners Depending On What Corner I Take lol Also The Car Is Lowered By -35mm Does Anyone Know What Tyre Size I Would Need To Get Rid Of The Rub For Good With -35mm,
On A Plus Side The Poke Is Perfect For Me!!

EDIT: forgot to add i didnt choose these tyres they came with em!

Go down by 5 on the tyre profile, that should fix it.

Those wheels are way too good for that car.

too good?! lol my car deserves the finest (Y) so do you really think that 195/45 is the answer i dont wanna get em changed over after this had enough problems with wheel fitments! this being the third set of alloys! oh besides the rubbing though so much more stability!

the alloys look sweet dude. what would be the best size that would fit straight on? i was thinking so 13" with low profile on there as i saw a car with smaller wheels on earlyer and it looked sweet and i thought i might not have to get lowering springs if i drop the profile on my tyres. lol.

any thoughts?

lowering springs for the win! if you fitted lower profiles on 13" the speedo would read incorrect and faster? i think so 30mph on the speedo would be 33mph in reality perhaps
i am certain you would have no problems with 14's on there at all unless you used balloon tyres!

lowering springs for the win! if you fitted lower profiles on 13" the speedo would read incorrect and faster? i think so 30mph on the speedo would be 33mph in reality perhaps
i am certain you would have no problems with 14's on there at all unless you used balloon tyres!

smaller wheels would read faster as in the speedo says 30 when youre doing 25 for example ;) bigger wheels cover more distance every rotation. i like the alloys though mate they go well.

just as i thought the company i am dealing with is absolutely awesome! just got off of the phone with them they are gonna come and collect the alloys on monday take them back swap the tyres to 195/45 and return them back to me for free!!
makes me smile that there is actually some decent companies out there lets just hope they stick to their end of the deal (Y)

Get some 185's they look almost the same and are cheaper.

185/55H14 will over read very slightly

195/45H14 would be perfect but may still rub.

If they will change them FOC then I'd stick with the 195's

The 195/45H14 are identical in rolling diameter, I was just worried about the width, you may get a bit of rub on full lock depending on the offset of your alloys, if it's that bad then just fit some 5mm spacers.

arch rolling

got any scaffolding pipe??

youtube it, theres a very simple way to roll arches using a scaffolding pole. about to do it to my golf (Y)

The 195/45H14 are identical in rolling diameter, I was just worried about the width, you may get a bit of rub on full lock depending on the offset of your alloys, if it's that bad then just fit some 5mm spacers.

they are 6.5J and et40 also when i tested them yesterday and no problems full locking when 3 point turning out of the road just rubbing when cornering which i gather is the outside side walls of the tyres

got any scaffolding pipe??

youtube it, theres a very simple way to roll arches using a scaffolding pole. about to do it to my golf (Y)

ah! i dont wanna risk messing up my arches would be a right pain to get some from the scrappies and paint em up :(

Last time I checked it was £75 to flare a pair of arches, I'd rather pay someone else to mess it up. People that do it professionally have way more experience so less chance of cracking the metal.

Last time I checked it was £75 to flare a pair of arches, I'd rather pay someone else to mess it up. People that do it professionally have way more experience so less chance of cracking the metal.

where from though just a bodyshop?

so we are decided then get my tyres changed for 195/45 hassle free then payday will pay for some arch rolling? Thanks again Olly!

Lol no problem, yeah bodyshops should be able to do it. Rolling should be a bit cheaper, my quote was for a proper flare as I was planning reverse rims.

Crack the metal !?!

Not really my cup of tea, but if yeh a fan of a larger diameter they do look really good. I think the angular style of the spokes suits the shape of yer car well. Hope all is well when you get the tyres swapped.

If you stretch the metal too far when flaring the arches it can crack. Get a piece of tin, put it in a vice and keep bending it and watch the cracks appear.

ah no probs well see what happens when i get them swapped over probably next weekend i nearly cried when i had to take them off.... :(

If you stretch the metal too far when flaring the arches it can crack. Get a piece of tin, put it in a vice and keep bending it and watch the cracks appear.

you will probably get about 20+mm arch flare before you have to worry about cracking the metal. Now that ive seen the wheels in day they look pretty good, but I would put some 165/50's on and some 10-20mm spacers.

That would be too stretchy for my liking I like the looks but not if I curb em :( glad you like the look of them now though (Y)

Back