First post here, but with bad news...

CMF_chanwilson01

» CMF Member
Here everyone, I'm Wilson, an international student from Hong Kong studying in Curtin University, Perth
Please forgive me if my English is not so good.

I'd got my white LX Micra for $2150 with 166k 4 months ago and have been browsing the forum since then(quietly :p)

I'd been driving her a lot here and there, had taken her out for a couple trips down south to Waverock, Ravensthorpe, Albany, Walpole, Pemberton(Loved this place), etc...
She had the acceleration when empty, and the power to go everywhere when loaded. One of my friend told me that this lady has more power than the Lancer he owned.
I loved her so much, but...

Unfortunately, the first post I post in here is about the death of my little baby =[

Just last Monday on this week, I was taking her for a drive to Mundaring, when I got into Mundring Weir Rd not very far away, I lost control at a corner and the car crashed on the right hand side of the road then bounded back and after a 180 degree turn the back was hit and the car stopped.
Luckily, I wasn't hurt at all and there wasn't any car around(It was late). But my baby was damaged quite badly >_< and paid $300 to have it towed back.
It was all my fault!! I was planing to take her to go around Australia at the end of the year but now..... ><

Sorry for the long introductory. Here's some of the photos of how she looks like now =[
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2502/3817962212_8ed73f5622_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3517/3818007072_e7a4492e20_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2537/3818010010_876be53764_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2442/3818011194_8b7a3ac652_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2530/3817206123_13b02f58b1_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2660/3818025872_04948e92b7_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3817204711_3d3624ed0a_o.jpg

I think it will cost more than what I paid for the car to fix it, so I've checked around and found there's a red Super s available in Perth with 218k on it, dealer's asking for $2500(The price from the internet).

Is this a good deal?
What if I want the swap the engine(177k) and gearbox(new clutch) from my car to this one?
How much would it cost for a mechanic to do it(including labor)??
What should I do with my white lady? wreck it? Or sell parts?

I'm actually looking for a cheaper price but this is the only Micra I can find for sale in Perth...

Really really need you guys' opinion!!

Thank you

CMF_Doom

» CMF Member
wow, sure made a mess of that! sorry to see.
The Super S sure looks like a good price!

if you are looking to wreck your white one, i am sure you would be able to make some money back on it from parts. I know there are a few parts i need, so send me a private message if you are interested!

cheers.

smidge

» CMF Member
Aww c'mon mate a hello post would have been nicer to read as a first post than this one!!!

i smashed my k11, not quite as badly tho... so i know the pain!

i'd say the white beastie has met its end, a super S for 2500 is a good deal DO IT

CMF_chanwilson01

» CMF Member
Thanks for everyone's reply!

But do you think the 218k engine in the super s should be still good? or does it worth to swap it with my 177k one?
It that gonna cost me a lot to do that?

CMF_chanwilson01

» CMF Member
Doom WROTE:

"wow, sure made a mess of that! sorry to see.<BR>
The Super S sure looks like a good price! <BR>
<BR>
if you are looking to wreck your white one, i am sure you would be able to make some money back on it from parts. I know there are a few parts i need, so send me a private message if you are interested!<BR>
<BR>
cheers.
Hi Doom, I just wanna make the most of my white lady, as my pocket is a bit tight at the moment. I'll send you a message but I've no idea how much are those parts worth.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
chanwilson01 WROTE:

"Thanks for everyone's reply!<BR><BR>But do you think the 218k engine in the super s should be still good? or does it worth to swap it with my 177k one?<BR>It that gonna cost me a lot to do that?

If the 218k engine has been maintained it should be good for another 100k easy, there is micras on here that have done more than 300k's, just keep the 117k as a spare just incase.

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
I think it will cost more than what I paid for the car to fix it, so I've checked around and found there's a red Super s available in Perth with 218k on it, dealer's asking for $2500(The price from the internet).

Is this a good deal?

What if I want the swap the engine(177k) and gearbox(new clutch) from my car to this one?

How much would it cost for a mechanic to do it(including labor)??

What should I do with my white lady? wreck it? Or sell parts?

I'm actually looking for a cheaper price but this is the only Micra I can find for sale in Perth...

Really really need you guys' opinion!!

Thank you[/quote]
did u have good look at this red ss?

CMF_green micra

» CMF Member
hi wilson

sorry to hear about your mishap. last time we chatted, you seemed so proud.

I was thinking about selling my little green micra which has got 200K on it. Its in good condition with a/c, super s alloys and lowered with king springs. You might remember seeing it when you picked up the wind deflectors you brought from me (ebay auction). I am asking 2K for it.

CMF_chanwilson01

» CMF Member
1300cc WROTE:

did u have good look at this red ss?
I just went to see the car today.

The paint on the roof and bonnet are fainting; engine looks ok, rattling sound when start the engine but otherwise sounds ok to me; radiator is brown and rusty inside; the car has A/C but no P/S; A/C is cold but fan only work on fastest speed; the car makes some noise when the A/C is on, not sure what causes that(maybe the belt?); sun-roof "opener" thing is gone; no lid for the windscreen washer reserve; the coolant reserve doesn't look very good.

Most of the problems I could see are just minor ones, but I'm not a mechanic so don't take my word too seriously.

I was considering to get the ss but my pocket is a bit tight at the moment and green micra's offer sounds better in terms of $$ :p

Forgot to mention! The dealer said that they have changed to CV joints.

CMF_chanwilson01

» CMF Member
green micra WROTE:

"hi wilson<BR>
<BR>
sorry to hear about your mishap. last time we chatted, you seemed so proud. <BR>
<BR>
I was thinking about selling my little green micra which has got 200K on it. Its in good condition with a/c, super s alloys and lowered with king springs. You might remember seeing it when you picked up the wind deflectors you brought from me (ebay auction). I am asking 2K for it.
Hey Kim(am i right?)

I really liked my micra, it's so hard to find a good, reliable car model with small engine(<=1.6), good on fuel, and good price(<3000).
I was thinking about Mitsubishi Mirage and N15 hatchback Pulsar but they are both not cheap(4000+) and the hatchback pulsar is not easy to find as well..

I didn't see your car last time as it was behind the gate but I'm interested. Are you in a hurry to sell it? I will come to see the car but may not be able to buy it right now. If you can keep the car for maybe a month until I've got some more cash.

Back