• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Skinners Sprint Micra

Thats the company id been looking at :) I would go flip front mainly for the GRP and light weight. GRP doors an boot too, Group 5 archs....

Maybe box the bulkhead to accept the ITBS that sort of thing

So the same as mine then :p although I've gone back to steel front etc the fit of the GRP bits was terrible and not suitable for a daily driver. No bulkhead box required :)

i had to remove my helmet cam at the startline at shakespeare raceway, and get it passed by the scrutes before the 2nd run :D

Image064.jpg

I seen an MSA letter outlawing plastic mounting as not being sufficient but that would rule the whole GoPro holder/assembly out so I don't know if that was right or not.

Plenty to keep me busy over the next 5 month anyway
We got told in driver's briefing today no suction mounts allowed only solid mounting allowed
I know its only a track day but I believe they like to use the msa as a guideline

Yep, engine set to tdc then the missing tooth and sensor can go where you like as long as they are 90 apart.... Or as pork said some ecus can run at various degrees as long as you set it in the software.
The hawk ecu I had could be calibrated but had to be at least 70deg btdc :)

Yep, engine set to tdc then the missing tooth and sensor can go where you like as long as they are 90 apart.... Or as pork said some ecus can run at various degrees as long as you set it in the software.
The hawk ecu I had could be calibrated but had to be at least 70deg btdc :)

Hopefully Andy!

I really want to try some 13" revolutions to see what the accelerating would be like but it would be a dam close fit with AV22 calipers on id think
They're a big old caliper, I'm staying 15". I found some team dynamics wheels in a scrapyard all fine no tyres, and for a 15" wheel it was weightless compared to my current ones

They're a big old caliper, I'm staying 15". I found some team dynamics wheels in a scrapyard all fine no tyres, and for a 15" wheel it was weightless compared to my current ones

I'd love to use my 14" team dynamics it's finding a suitable tyre for the 7" width that's a bit of a problem. Only a 205mm r888 seems to fit the bill and that's a bit overkill to be honest

That's very true :p

Heard that name pop up a couple of times might have to give it a go one day. Must have some good reviews

Il be able to give you a review. 3 class wins over the last 2 years each time where on those tyres on hot hatches and saloons so there must be something in it!

Does BSR stock revolutions / minilites?

Il be able to give you a review. 3 class wins over the last 2 years each time where on those tyres on hot hatches and saloons so there must be something in it!

Does BSR stock revolutions / minilites?
Afraid not chap, only really keep the little things these days

Well there must be a secret behind them somewhere

Drivers side poly window is in. Not happy with the way it looks at all so it will probably be coming back out.

A thought with the throttle bodies. I have a blank inlet flange and was thinking I could just have the bodies welded directly to that. Saves room for some good length trumpets and no need to remove the brake servo, opinions welcome :)

Drivers side poly window is in. Not happy with the way it looks at all so it will probably be coming back out.

A thought with the throttle bodies. I have a blank inlet flange and was thinking I could just have the bodies welded directly to that. Saves room for some good length trumpets and no need to remove the brake servo, opinions welcome :)

Can't see it being a problem!

I had pop out windows Frank so they are tiger sealed and riveted in now. It's just not as neat as I'd like with the sealant so I might paint a black edge around to neaten it up
I haven't sealed mine yet although it lives in a palace of car stuff now
Use a marking gauge scribe a feint line about 20mm in all the way round. Mask up. Paint
Neat 20mm border all the way round to hide the sealant

Well the tailgate is at the painters to do at his leisure so i'm hoping that will be back ready for the new year, il pop the rear screen in & re secure the spoiler. (didn't realise how weighty they are!)
Also pending delivery of these , im hoping this will keep me very busy in January, sorted via a top bloke on here! :)

jenvey.jpg

Back