• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Skinners Sprint Micra

With mine, it didn't matter where it was, you just told the ecu how many degrees tooth 1 was befor the sensor whilst engine was at Tdc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it needs a few miliseconds to compute where its gonna release the spark, then the earliest setting will be about 50deg btdc (low load)
best to check the omex settings first eh paul :)

the diags show it 90 deg before tho paul, and they say another option is to remove the tooth after welding (before again eh )

Unfortunately the wheel iv got already has the tooth missing.

I don't know why this has confused me so much, so with my sensor at 12 0clock il need the gap at 3 o'clock?

its confusing eh paul :) with the sensor at 12 o,clock the notch needs to be at 3 o,clock (tdc cyl 1) which means it had triggered 90deg previously
or put another way, sensor at 12 o,clock notch at 12 o,clock crank at 90deg btdc cyl 1

its confusing eh paul :) with the sensor at 12 o,clock the notch needs to be at 3 o,clock (tdc cyl 1) which means it had triggered 90deg previously
or put another way, sensor at 12 o,clock notch at 12 o,clock crank at 90deg btdc cyl 1

Thanks Frank, it makes sense after reading it this mornig after a bit of sleep!

I wasnt thinking of the trigger point right at all! :)

Wired the new ECU up in order to pull the configuration from it. Emailed to Omex to swop to a 36-1 trigger wheel.

Tonight will be a longgggg read through there setup manual with an aim to start the car next Sunday on a new setup. Below are the fuel & ignition tables. Any input on them in welcome this is all new to me.

With a set of ITB's you will probably never get bellow 20kpa or possibly 30kpa (depending on size) mine idles at 54kpa

I'd start your table at 20kpa, this would then give you a more usable table.

With a set of ITB's you will probably never get bellow 20kpa or possibly 30kpa (depending on size) mine idles at 54kpa

I'd start your table at 20kpa, this would then give you a more usable table.

Thanks mate, iv not a clue what these tables even yet that's my next step. Kpa being the air pressure? Or load?

Kpa is the vacuum in the runners which equates to load, the smaller the number the higher the vacuum (load) 100kpa is atmospheric pressure so would be WOT.

vacuum levels/rpm is a pretty crude measure of engine load tho eh, i think most ecu,s use additional inputs to refine the load value (tps, maf )

Map is perfectly acceptable on most na applications. It might not be as accurate as MAF but is much easier to tune and I doubt you would notice the difference between the two systems when properly tuned ( if they are the only load option)

Yep most cars will run a combination of sensors. Its rare to see a car with both MAP+MAF, its normally MAP+TPS or MAF+TPS.

MAF is pretty much pointless on ITB's as you have to create a combined inlet which defeats the point of ITB's.

I use MAP+TPS tables blended together, normal load driving uses the MAP then the TPS takes over when you put your foot down.

For now I would get it up and running on just MAP then when you have some data logged look at bringing the TPS into the mix.

A little confused as the only input on this setup is the TPS & crank sensor.

The map at the moment was for this setup so should be ok to at least get it running :)

Been as the car is for sprints etc alpha N would be OK, you just loose some of the drivability.

Depending on duration then alpha N might be more suitable

I ran Alpha-N paul and it worked very well.

Vacuum wise, we'd see readings in the low 20kpa range at idle on a CG13 with 773 cams. I'd expect you'll see a little more on the CGA3 though.

Well to get it in the road I wasn't prepared to run without a filter, i had been in two minds to remove the brake servo or not and that if I was to run the airbox it would need to go.

So after much faffing and trimming it fits with the servo still in :)

There's gaps in the rear now that will be filled with fine mesh and GRP to seal the airbox up once again

Back