silvia-micra

well ive killed my silvia and just buying a micra.... the engine from the silvia is ok ish... but i was wondering if any parts other than the turbo would be usefull in turboing the micra? and info or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

will that work? the silvia is rear wheel drive. you would have to convert it. that would be a lot of work.
other wise it is a cool idea.

its a great idea, but id have to rebuild the enigne first... and i wouldnt know were to start as converting it to RWD..... any one any info on this?

i would do it if i knew how or if someone had the knowledge as im moving in with a mechanic, and his dad is very experinced also...

mate it to a primera gearbox and fiti it in the front..... or fit it in the rear with the driveshafts powering the rear wheels.....

to RWD a micra you would have to cut out the firewall. cut out the floor and cut out the boot floor, then make a subframe for the rear of the car, a transmision tunnel and custom drive/prop shafts, custom engine mounts, ecu, cables, firewall, suspension, floors, plus chassis streangthening...

it do-able.......just, i would say find decent shell, take the floor out and sell ALL the bits, (maybe even make a profit) then cut the floor out and meassure up for the engine..... the tranny tunnel you could take out of the sylvia and weld into the floor of the micra.

i would say maybe £3.5K in total if done on a shoe-string with a mechanic friend.... or £5k+ for ultimate RWD micra action....

I know this is off topic but where abouts in derbyshire are you from? Rwd micra would be Mental, it would be like my nitro Rc rwd truck on ice....Haha

I know this is off topic but where abouts in derbyshire are you from? Rwd micra would be Mental, it would be like my nitro Rc rwd truck on ice....Haha

You really dont want to do a rwd drive conversion using a rwd box, unless your going by my other plans. The cheaper way which will still cost around 2.5k or so would be drop a sr20det fwd nissan g/box with pulsar transfer box, then work out the rear.

Back