• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Shaun's Super S (K11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ts-e170ci_pioneer.jpg

I shoehorned 6x9's into my original parcel shelf grills - had to take a dremel to the internal bracket to make them fit, and obviously enlarge the holes in the shelf itself but they look factory still... if I ever get around to painting my shelf black i'll take some photos to show how it's done :p

Did you just use normal black paint on the shelf?

Ah see i don't really see the point in 6x9's anymore. you can hardly hear them over the fronts and they weigh a tonne!
plus won't need them for bass when the sub goes in.

i'll make a guide to painting your parcel shelf...

Guide to Blackage on Parcel Shelf:

1. Take your parcel shelf out
2. Give it a little Hoover
3. Get yourself a can of Matt Spray Paint, (halfords is fine)
4. Spray about 4-6 coats of paint on making sure it's even.
5. Wait half hour to an hour and...
TA-DA! black (or whatever colour shelf) is done!
(Y)

Enjoy!

get rid of the rear speakers. music should be coming from the front. get couple or 4 front speakers and sub :D

Yeah but i need something to fill the shelf holes :( want some little speakers then its all about components! (Y)

having speakers behind peoples head is rubbish. you dont turn you back toward the stage. get parcel from scrapies with no speakers :D then swap the rear quarter interior trim from my car with the pockets for yours and put speakers there. then you use all 4 channels on you stereo and it will sound decent.

having speakers behind peoples head is rubbish. you dont turn you back toward the stage. get parcel from scrapies with no speakers :D then swap the rear quarter interior trim from my car with the pockets for yours and put speakers there. then you use all 4 channels on you stereo and it will sound decent.

Shut up giving me ideas! lol sounds like a plan one of the 'pins' on the shelf is busted so rattles a little....
can be fixed though.

Anyone wan't a parcel shelf with speaker grills in it? :wasntme:

Off to work now! :down: catch ya later!

Shut up giving me ideas! lol sounds like a plan one of the 'pins' on the shelf is busted so rattles a little....
can be fixed though.

Anyone wan't a parcel shelf with speaker grills in it? :wasntme:

Off to work now! :down: catch ya later!

Kalata was looking for one. You may strike a deal :)

Update:
Terrible Scrap yards... little wet today and it looks like everyone wants a parcel shelf lol
at least 10-15 micras and all the parcel shelfs were either damaged badly, broken, missing or covered in chewing gum!! :glare:

Got a few bits to paint soon so keep your eyes open!

i much prefer the k11 but my k10 will always have a place in my heart, for a 20yr old car it still had guts

Update:

Received my 'Frankspeed' this morning (Y)
Just wanna wait for the rest of the exhaust system and it'll all go on!

Update:
Got myself some bits from the scrappy and well you all should know me by now and couldn't leave it alone! :blush:

Skanky Grey:
NewShelf6.jpg

Yummy:
NewShelf2.jpg

Wet:
NewShelf.jpg

Mightycarmods "Blaaaaccckk!" :
NewShelf5.jpg

Looks The Nuts:
NewShelf4.jpg

Already In:
NewShelf3.jpg

Just need to wire in my rear light and everyone but me is being lazy! grr
No rest for the wicked eh.

You Say Standard, I Say Mod.

Got back from work. Armed myself to the teeth with tools of possible use. Cleared the boot of trim hopped in and started this mornings project.

3rd Brake Light:
3rdLight3.jpg

Yum:
3rdLight2.jpg

Closer Yum:
3rdLight4.jpg

Don't Look At Me:
3rdLight.jpg

All that is left is to fiddle and root the wires through the boot and hook it upto the other brake lights. :grinning:

Oh right lol, em round the inside of the boot up to where the main cables come through to the tailgate? then drop them down to the rear lights?

Oh right lol, em round the inside of the boot up to where the main cables come through to the tailgate? then drop them down to the rear lights?

You make it sound so easy lol
Having a quick glance earlier (whilst sat in the boot with a drill) i would have to remove a bit of the head liner to get to the other cables?

Ta-Da!!

All sorted:
[video=youtube;AUvmANHRXLc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUvmANHRXLc[/video]
Did YOU know you can fit your whole arm around the side of the boot? - Scary lol

like the light nice one
whats the arm round the boot bit? like a gurlfreind you mean?

Thankyou! when me and Mckenziecz were trying to wire it in you have to put your hand inside the car above the wheel well and there is a huge amount of space in there.
McK got his arm stuck at one point! :laugh:

:laugh:
he is a vet,like when the cow gives birth
you seen that elephant sit on the zoo keepers head video:laugh: its well mucked up:laugh:

he is a vet,like when the cow gives birth
you seen that elephant sit on the zoo keepers head video:laugh: its well mucked up:laugh:

Well if he had got stuck for longer i would of taken a picture lol :laugh:

Update:
I have noticed i have a hole in my exhaust so it looks like i will have to buy that 'lloyd system pretty soon (what a shame) :p

What to do with the little bit of Matt black left in a can...

This:
BootParts.jpg

The plastics on the sides and shock covers.

Take the Good with the Bad

Got round to cleaning my car today as it was filthy!
Beauty shot:
CleanK11Nov.jpg

Rear Right:
CleanK11Nov2.jpg

Rear Left:
CleanK11Nov3.jpg

Then Disaster! went over a speed bump and could hear a rattling noise!
thought it was just my parcel shelf after going over a speed bump but oh no,

Exhaust Snapped:
SnappedExhaustpic.jpg

Maybe it was due to the cold then heat from the exhaust but now i have a rally sound
i suppose it's the Holy Micra God's way of telling me to get the peter lloyd system early rather than after christmas. Oh and that means my 'Frankspeed' gets to go on too.

Oh well bring on payday friday then, untill then as it isn't much louder than normal i am gonna have to drive around with a slight tapping rattle in low revs, which means i need to rev higher more often, again Holy Micra God.

it snapped just before the last pipe/backbox, definately not as loud as my K10 when it snapped just after the manifold.

Video:
[video=youtube;5F2H9ro0Y_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2H9ro0Y_U[/video]

Must get someone to sort out the ugly sills :glare:

love the new shaun loyd system sound raw
and is it now hanging by the rubber hangers now?
dont you get much sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back