Running Problems, Any Ideas?

Hi everyone,
Since i got the micra back on the road its been hesitating at low revs/high load, i thought that it was prob just the maf sensor playing up so i got a spare TB and resoldered the joints. just fitted it and them problem was still there, and also a high idle wich rose and fell every couple of seconds. so i swapped the TB's back round thinking that the IACV was prob shot on the second TB (hope your following:) ) anyway, now i just have a high idle (2k) and the hesitation is still there.

so, i didnt change the TB gaskit, could this be the idle problem?
and when the car was off the road, i was messing with the timing to try to get the standalone to work, i have now set it back correctly (i think) but could this be the hesitation?

any advice would be great,
cheers

i doubt if any timing change has created a hesitation ed, and i,ve found in the past that a t/b swap needs a couple of runs to settle the low rpm and low throttle, and the old plastic gasket should be ok if its not damaged at all :)

i doubt if any timing change has created a hesitation ed, and i,ve found in the past that a t/b swap needs a couple of runs to settle the low rpm and low throttle, and the old plastic gasket should be ok if its not damaged at all :)

the gasket is one i cut from gasket paper, looked in good nick to me though. i'l just run it a bit as it is then and see if the idle settles.
but you got any ideas as to what could cause hesitation??

but you got any ideas as to what could cause hesitation??

if its lagging/holding back rather than actually missfiring ed, then some ignition advance may help (and will raise the tickover too eh :eek:)
failing that.... dunno :wasntme:

fair play, its more like the fuel or spark are cut, the car just completely looses power and kangaroos bigtime. oh well, il live with it for a bit, just look like a ### when pulling away up a hill sometimes lol.
thanks for the help though mate, i will check the timing again though to make sure, maybe put a small bit of advance on for good measure;)

Hesitation is usually caused by incorrect ignition timing but ignition timing usually drifts out of adjustment over time.

As you have been changing throttle bodies it could be an air leak or throttle potentiometer out of adjustment. The idle air could be trying to compensate for a fault by raising the revs too high.
I would check for air leaks first off by carefully spraying brake cleaner round the base of the throttle body. If the revs rise you know its drawing air.
If thats ok try slackening the throttle potentiometer (TPS) and gently moving it back and forward. See if adjusting that helps.

Back