• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

RIP 2011-2014 Skymera's K11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better Mark? :)
Very quickly done, I like it. Can't wait.

SzGji28.jpg

Came across a photo of your micra someone put up on instagram, snapped on a bypass or motorway ;)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

EnterScott said:
Came across a photo of your micra someone put up on instagram, snapped on a bypass or motorway ;)

Links? :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

I wouldve screenshot it but crapatalk is being stubborn with photos..

Yep thats the chappy :D I saw it and was like "that micra looks familiar" haha

:( sad times. well cool other scott got snapped... mine dont ever get looked at lol. I was talking to either of you :D

Im the same Chris, seems to be Jay and Meras that I come across most on instagram haha

We suck! tbh I like my silent but violent motor... When I am done with her, i think it may be very different though :)

We suck! tbh I like my silent but violent motor... When I am done with her, i think it may be very different though :)

People just don't appreciate the beauty of the micra around my area! Haha yepp looking forward to the outcome of your project ;)

hey just put alloys on and my fronts r sticking out about 10-15mm would this make it illegal meaning i have to flare the arches?

A lack of updates.

I'm starting to focus more on the creature comforts than the big things which I assume most people would find mundane.
But anyway, here is an update of my recent doings, enjoy!

Some new speakers. The standards were a bit dull/flat and I no longer want to carry around a sub.
These are 17cm Sony XF whatevers. Fit like a glove, give good quality sound and bass at low-medium volume, but the bass lacks at higher volumes. Worth the £20 easily!
tOBEmL6.jpg

Fitted an Almera snorkel. Cut and shut to fit. It's not sellotape :p It's tape that is used in the warehouse at work :D
Improvements? Almost no flatspot anymore, especially in second gear. And the induction is almost silent. Moi bien. Fr?
KSDED3h.jpg

Early K11 style grill from eBay and a decat pipe from Jay :)
sk5YGDg.jpg

A quick sand, primer and a very quick coat of gloss black left me with this. I love it. Can't wait to get some TJ4 blue over it!
0UYPgH6.jpg

Decat pipe attached to my £9.99 mid pipe :D
4sKogu9.jpg

Not the straightest of all pipes, but it's air tight. I'm not 100% keen. I like the noise it produces, I dislike the volume though!
o3PAU59.jpg

Some excess gasket that splooged out at the mercy of my socket set.
Used some washers and nuts to raise the bolt and make it easier to access. The backbox has a lip which the bolt sunk into previously, made it near impossible to get anything on it except very thin sockets! Lesson learned after more than half hour trying to remove it!
The jubilee is there to hold the exhaust away from the heat shield. For some reason it rubbed really bad.
UBXyq0M.jpg

That's pretty much it so far.
I'm on the look out always for small niggles, such as parcel shelves with speakers, wind deflectors and OEM+ goodies.

My main objective now is to fix the engine with a new one...and to sort out the darn body work!
It's cheaper to buy a new 1.3 :rolleyes: But where's the fun in that!?

Tired of having awful lights.
55w blue filtered bulbs are then worst.

Invested £12 in some Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs.

qj1Nr7l.jpeg

GcxbVSZ.jpeg

d2cxx1p.jpeg

Look way bright in pictures hur they're no more dazzling than my old 55w halogens. Much more light on the road.

I'm pleased :)

Bit of a toughy as my car is a beautiful shade of TJ4 but my bumpers are black.

Blue arches will suit the body nice but will look horrible against the bumpers.

I might stick to gloss black.

Thanks guys.

I'm no expert on fitting these arches but I want to avoid hacking up what I've got.

What I'm thinking of is cutting the "lip" I have off and fitting one of those rubber trim things to protect the tyre.
I could leave it as is, bit of filler and screw the arch on top?

I'll be relying on a friend to do my bodywork so it isn't going to be perfect. I wouldn't want it perfect :)

First Micra I've seen on here that has got the wheels to back up the arches!
Solarice's car definitely has good arch to wheel ratio.

Like I said on faceyb they look like theyre gonna come together quite nicely and i vote black for colour to go with the bumpers :D

Thanks guys.

I'm no expert on fitting these arches but I want to avoid hacking up what I've got.

What I'm thinking of is cutting the "lip" I have off and fitting one of those rubber trim things to protect the tyre.
I could leave it as is, bit of filler and screw the arch on top?

I'll be relying on a friend to do my bodywork so it isn't going to be perfect. I wouldn't want it perfect :)

Perfect is overrated, Ghetto is the best, makes the car more YOURS if you know what i mean :L

personally, I think these will (i hate using the word) ruin the car. But hey who the funk am i to say what will and won't work :)

johnbr6 said:
personally, I think these will (i hate using the word) ruin the car. But hey who the funk am i to say what will and won't work :)

Aye maybe. I'm not a huge fan of arches but the fact is my rear quarters are beyond any kind of economical repair.

So this seems the most logical solution.

It looks to me as though you'd only need to file away a few mm from the edges, here and there, for a pretty much flush fit to the bodywork ^_^
...and I agree with Rangerallan, satin black would look ace ;) ...unless, of course, your bumpers are constantly super shiny? :p
do these arches have a lip or just an edge?...not sure if you definitely wanna bolt 'em on?...if you change your mind in a few months...and have holes on all your arches? :oops:
could there be a way of (possibly to an extra arch mould/trim bloted to the inner arch/lining) glueing them on?
... probably take a bit more than double sided sticky tape though LOL

ETA: beyond economical repair eh?...sod it bolt those bad boys on then :p

It looks to me as though you'd only need to file away a few mm from the edges, here and there, for a pretty much flush fit to the bodywork ^_^
...and I agree with Rangerallan, satin black would look ace ;) ...unless, of course, your bumpers are constantly super shiny? :p
do these arches have a lip or just an edge?...not sure if you definitely wanna bolt 'em on?...if you change your mind in a few months...and have holes on all your arches? :oops:
could there be a way of (possibly to an extra arch mould/trim bloted to the inner arch/lining) glueing them on?
... probably take a bit more than double sided sticky tape though LOL

ETA: beyond economical repair eh?...sod it bolt those bad boys on then :p

These arches have just an egde, no lip to get some adhesive on.
I don't mind using screws or rivets tbh. I'm never going to sell this car to anyone else.
If I do end up getting rid, I'll take everything off and then scrap it, so holes in the quarters aren't too much of a worry.

It'll never be an oil painting. Even with this arches it'll still look a little ratty as some of the dents wont easily be removed. ie the dent around the filler cap!

No as pokey as skymeras though haha, we shall see about this soon though :D

Man's after new wheels?

I don't mind using screws or rivets tbh. I'm never going to sell this car to anyone else.
If I do end up getting rid, I'll take everything off and then scrap it, so holes in the quarters aren't too much of a worry.

It'll never be an oil painting. Even with this arches it'll still look a little ratty as some of the dents wont easily be removed. ie the dent around the filler cap!

Man's after new wheels?

Well when I say new wheels.. I mean cutting up 8 stock micra wheel and having a play! :D

In that case id say just stick some rubber piping over the top and rivet them on ;)

Another small update.

Decided to remove the 4-2-1 for a number of reasons.
I hated it being the first. It created an awful raspy sound coupled with 2000decibels of volume. And the metal on one of the branches had 3 small holes, slowly growing. Turns out the metal itself had worn down to about half a mm thick.

Replaced with a new Frankspeed mani, hollowed cat, new downpipe to a decat pipe.

All in all job took 3 hours. First undoing the necessary bolts, scratching my head for a bit, then cutting one of the branches off to save me removing the alternator.
Dropped it out and prepped the new mani and pipes.

One of the cat bolt holes to the downpipe seemed to be rounded and very problematic, replaced it with a smaller bolt, spring and nylon nut. (I know, nylon + zorst, but whatevs).

gpQym3l.jpeg

56zvt4g.jpeg

So that's another thing almost back to stock. Note to self for future reference: If it ain't broke..

Another small update.

Decided to remove the 4-2-1 for a number of reasons.
I hated it being the first. It created an awful raspy sound coupled with 2000decibels of volume. And the metal on one of the branches had 3 small holes, slowly growing. Turns out the metal itself had worn down to about half a mm thick.

Replaced with a new Frankspeed mani, hollowed cat, new downpipe to a decat pipe.

All in all job took 3 hours. First undoing the necessary bolts, scratching my head for a bit, then cutting one of the branches off to save me removing the alternator.
Dropped it out and prepped the new mani and pipes.

One of the cat bolt holes to the downpipe seemed to be rounded and very problematic, replaced it with a smaller bolt, spring and nylon nut. (I know, nylon + zorst, but whatevs).

gpQym3l.jpeg

56zvt4g.jpeg

So that's another thing almost back to stock. Note to self for future reference: If it ain't broke..
What you go'n to do with the janspeed now?

What happening to the car man

MOT in Oct. If it fails I won't be fixing it IF it's too much. I'll budget £300 for test and any work to be done.

However I plan on renting a garage next year, buying a 1.3 K11 and having a tinker B-)

They're renowned for rasping, 10x worse with a straight through decat fitted.
Yes.

I'm very happy with my FrankSpeed and a standard system, decat to a Sportex box. I will be fitting a coikpack centre pipe back on again as it's too noisy on motorways

Yes.

I'm very happy with my FrankSpeed and a standard system, decat to a Sportex box. I will be fitting a coikpack centre pipe back on again as it's too noisy on motorways

Ditto :) Had one of Frank's manifolds and one of Matt's Janspeed downpipes on the car for the last 3'ish years I think. Even without a front cat, it still sails the emissions every year. Not a performance machine but I got another car for that....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back