Recommended Reading

ok, first things first, i apologize, my spelling isn't great and im on my girlfriends computer which doesnt have word:wow: so i cant use spell check.

anyway, my idea... although reading msc is great education, i was wondering if anyone would like to recommend some books to read.
i thought it could work a bit like this...
someone writes what subject they want to know more about and then someone else who has read a good book or website ont that subject (i personaly like books because i dont have to sit looking at a computer screen for hours) recormends it to me, or maybe there is a book that you think is great and really helped you, and you want to share it with everyone.

so, i personaly would like to know much more about turbocharging and maybe supercharging and all the bits that go with it i.e a bit more about mapping and so on, then along comes, say Ed, and tells me that there is this great book that i should definitely read. then i say thank you very much Ed and go buy the book.

just an idea, hope it helps some people.

good stuff, yeah, looks good. have been thinking about buying a basic tuning book, i got bear grills survival book for my birthday, think i will swap that:D
any more anyone? come on Ed and Kristian ect, you must know of some books that you think would help people.

How to start a business week by week.

I've started this recently because I want to run a stall in Morley selling automotive products. But also a good book to read as well.

noddie

theres no need for books anymore, not if you,ve got google and wiki
if you like the feel of paper, just print the web pages !

Olli: surely thats 'eat' not 'yet' but i agree about the ford comment.

and Frank: come on... computers are great, and wiki is also great if you just want an answer.. but if you really want to get some indepth knowladge, a book wins... imo
also...i read all of kristians conversion blog, and my god my eyes hurt after!

Wiki is usless for hands on info. Its factual content, not pratical.

I'm not going to spoon feed just look on amazon and do some searches there are hundreds!

Wiki is usless for hands on info. Its factual content, not pratical.

I'm not going to spoon feed just look on amazon and do some searches there are hundreds!

yes ed, there are, and i just thought that people like you that im sure have read lots of them could recomend a few. it would save people like me spending money on what could be not worth reading. i wouldnt consider recormending a book spoon feeding.

Its simple though no one knows to begin with. Look at the reviews amazon is great for that. If you know what area specifically you want find some and then say what your looking at and ask for opinions. You left the origioanl queston to open to really help with.

Its simple though no one knows to begin with. Look at the reviews amazon is great for that. If you know what area specifically you want find some and then say what your looking at and ask for opinions. You left the origioanl queston to open to really help with.

ok mate, fair play. It wasnt really a question as such, more of just a thread that might help people who dont know much about what books to read to expand their knowladge but want to. it was just an idea that didnt really work very well:D

However, we could start a virtual book club :laugh: Anyone up for it??? I can strongly recommend reading "Enigma" by Robert Harris!

thought i would drag up this old thread.
i have decided to learn more about engine management and tuning in that respect.
i found these four books on amazon and was wondering if anyone has read them and could give some feedback?...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463374953&pf_rd_i=468294

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463374953&pf_rd_i=468294

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Four-stroke-Performance-Tuning-Practical-Guide/dp/1844253147/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Back