O2 Sensor Reading

CMF_Affroken

» CMF Member
Hi There,

I'm being driven insane by poor fuel economy on my 1.0 k11 Nissan March (2000).

I've done all the standard maintenance stuff, changed spark plugs, air filter, leads, distributor, oil, oil filter, brakes etc.

I even resoldered the contacts on the maf to see if that was causing issues - it didn't seem to make any difference.

Anyway, I checked the o2 sensor and it has a big dent in the side of it and the wires are stripped and are bare (although not touching).

I'm thinking it has never been changed (car has 150k km), but still not sure if this might be culprit for poor fuel economy?

Was wanting to check the reading off the sensor to get a better idea before I try and find a replacement (nobody here has the part, I'll need to import it).

Does anyone have any idea of what the correct reading from the sensor should be (or round abouts?).

Also, the part no. of the sensor is Bosch a24-621 135. Can't find anywhere online that sells them. Would a universal sensor do? Any ideas on best way to source replacement?

Thanks for your help.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
the middle wire is usually the signal wire kenny (and the other 2 for the heater element) and it should be reading about .45v @ cruise, 0v on lift, and .9v @ wot.
a universal one should be fine :)

Back