Rant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
Getting extremly fed up with the micra, cant touch anything underneath the car without it rusting of falling off yet the engine and such is fine.. someone please talk some niceness into me before i decide to sell it and buy/PX another one lol :mad:!!!

unless you find one that has been garaged all its life and never driven in the rain then they are 90% all the same. even k11c's so many rotters come into work its crazy. im lucky, i managed to get one that was garaged and never driven. but i can totally understand your frustration after years of old dubs.

yeaaa, i still love it an all just get scared it wont pass MOT but im gonna stick it out, itl probs just be expensive

Mines not garaged and was sat in someone's garden fr few years, no rust underneath guess I'm lucky but it gets treated and protected if a tiny spot appears, went to view this white 1.3 last week they said it was mint condition and always been looked after in the ad, turned up it was dented lacquer peel and rust everywhere :/

I'm in the same boat.. been working on everything and keep finding the horrible flaky layered rust.. have mot(norwegian) in 2 months and need to fix it all.. I need to strip everything underneath and redo the rust protection as it was done very poorly.. Don't think it was factory.. you can tell they just sprayed it on without doing anything else first because you can peel off large pieces :(

Yeah when I bought it there was patches everywhere underneath but family friend restores cars for living and got rid of rust, filled and coated to protect, all black underneath from coating,

Pre-facelift. Rust free, small bubble on the roof by windscreen.

Though I have heard they are rot boxes..

Yeah when I bought it there was patches everywhere underneath but family friend restores cars for living and got rid of rust, filled and coated to protect, all black underneath from coating,

so it was a rotter then, but has been repaired :D that dont count lol

be happy what you got :) tbh all these nice clean car you see like pollyp, hoopdud, mckenziecz, and other people on this forum have put hard work into them to get them to rust free, and your just sitting here and complaining about a car which is 10 years old or even older mate think about it logically.

Judging from the comments here I think I have got lucky. Mine was garaged up until I had it and only 39k on the clock. Still looks new underneath and not a rusty bolt in sight :)

i,m not feeling the "luurve" lately george :D
you need to strap a wee snail onto that G#, and get your mojo back

The luurve is still there Frank. Its all about the money which I dont really have at the moment. I do wanna run some low boost turbo and also finish the glanza/micra inlet setup. But first i need to wrap the 15" in new rubber and they cost fortune. Ill get there.

Buy mine shortly, everythings been stripped back and treated, will be sound for years to come :) wont have to paint your wheels then either ;P

Mine was horendous underneath, its easy to cover it with underseal, but as soon as i took my screw driver out and started poking it just got worse and worse, but i bought mine from a woman who owned it for 10 years, and hardly drove it AND parked it on grass. When i bought the car (my first car) i didnt know what to look for on them so yeah, when the MOT came round i had a lot of welding to do, which wasnt easy with the amount that needed doing

hi there i had the same problem i was geting fed up too so i just ended up striping it all back to metal welded wot i had them just soak it in sealer and now its fine its been 3 years now lol but gd luck with ur mot mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back