what the future holds for the shed

Gemma85

banished to the buses
well as all of u no I bought a shed it will be an ok little car once a few things get sorted but iv been thinking of which way to go next..

1 option is that I sell the janspeed manifold, janspeed exhaust system ect ect rip the skirts off and get it back to as standered as possible which is looking like the best possibility as at least I wont loose a lot of money on it this way.

another option is with my birthday money I buy temp car break this one sell the new one put both money together and buy a better car lol :D

3rd option is well....to spend a fortune getting up to scratch

I paid 600 for the car and it needs a new clutch (which i was told was because he had put a new cable in and it needed to wear in and me being a girl beleived that :down: ) cv joints a new standered gearbox not this short shifter crap as its pants and nearly killed me and amanda and it has a small hole in the crossmember and this is without taking it to the garage...also will need breakpipes soon enough as they r advisory on mot. the skirts are falling off 2 but these are def gonna come off in time. needed new tyres but iv got some ones on hand from silver_si and some speakers as it had none of them either...(rich spent to days trying to figure out y the cd player never worked ..speakers would help...of course everyone knows about the "smoothed boot" was gonna buy sunny's but havnt got the funds so im thinking im gonna buy a tailgate from the scrap yard and just leave the boot normal but this means sorting out the reg plate which im sure wont be to hard..the boot doesnt open at the minute which is quite annoying as the cable has snapped.

so there is a lot of hard work to do and im gonna just stop wingeing and get on with it cos its done now I admit i made a mistake in rushing into buying this (and every1 is gonna tell me forever more) but all i can do now is try and get it up to scratch so i don well die really...

comments please at the moment option one is looking like the best option as I have alloys, janspeed crap to sell.

id take it round his, with as much guys as possible and say heres ur car back, u ripped me off, give me my money back.. altho i dno wot ud drive around in then :(

also whats his msc id so i know not to buy anything off him

It is a complete nightmare, fitting a new clutch and gear box will set you back about 80-100 plus parts unless you fancy getting ur hands dirty (it's about a days work if your following the haynes)

TBH i'd look around for a new or at least better condition micra then transfer the performance parts...

nah i think martin is ok people
gemma for 600 its not a bad car really
strip it sell the bits and get summat else
no more nights out till u saved up girl

yeh im sure he is a decent lad but he could hav just said but i suppose thats ntoth the way to sell a car...

ur determained to keep me in rnt u! :p i only spend about £20 everytime i go out and its not very often only a bit more of late as i havnt been working weekends which i usually do

Currant Car:
15A848327-D162-6751-CD933735F1C7DA53.jpg

Get one of these Gemma

robin-reliant.jpg

happy birthday for whenever, gemma ;)

i love that strech reliant :D:D super kawali!

i'd get a new car and start from scratch ;)

i dont know what else he didnt tell you but tryin to pass a faulty clutch off as a cable that needs wearing in is kinda crappy. sorry but i wudda hard words if it were me

How about taking it to a garage and ask them to look it over, and let you know everything that's wrong with it, if there's a lot wrong with it then I wouldn't even bother repairing it!!

Just take it apart, sell the good parts, scrap the rest. It does sound like you've been had!!! A replacement clutch and gearbox is easy to get hold of, a scrap yard could give u both already connected together (correct me if i'm wrong here), which would be an easier job to replace. Although still a very big job!!!

Is there no members around ur area which could help you with this?

NeX said:
happy birthday for whenever, gemma ;)

i love that strech reliant :D:D super kawali!

i'd get a new car and start from scratch ;)

21 on Friday :D

rlees85 said:
i dont know what else he didnt tell you but tryin to pass a faulty clutch off as a cable that needs wearing in is kinda crappy. sorry but i wudda hard words if it were me

e-mail has been sent :D

hughes_16v said:
from what she was saying, its needs new cv-joints, clutch, gearbox, and a few other things.

yep...and a hole in crossmember

ollie240585 said:
How about taking it to a garage and ask them to look it over, and let you know everything that's wrong with it, if there's a lot wrong with it then I wouldn't even bother repairing it!!

Just take it apart, sell the good parts, scrap the rest. It does sound like you've been had!!! A replacement clutch and gearbox is easy to get hold of, a scrap yard could give u both already connected together (correct me if i'm wrong here), which would be an easier job to replace. Although still a very big job!!!

Is there no members around ur area which could help you with this?

think my best option is going to be strip all parts worth something basically get it bk to standered and use the moeny to get it repaired I can treally afford to just get a new car

hughes_16v said:

but then id have another shed :p

wilsonian said:
ooohhhh don't mess with gem - she'll send you an email! PMSL!

haha i no well im not gonna turn up at his door am its in his favour what with his girlfriend and mam there the odds r stacked against me

i got a 998cc gearbox with a brand new clutch that you can bolt onto ur super s and i can get you some driveshafts i reckon. If you want it you can have it for £80, cheap way to fix your car, downside is going down to a 1.0 gearbox.

think about it.

sell the bits that are worth some cash and scrap the shell, and buy another micra. you managed without a car up until now dude so it will be cheaper to buy another K11. doesnt sound like cheap stuff to fix tbh, and no offence to anyone but im with Rlees on this one.....

it might be because im a mechanic but there are little things and easy apart from the brake pipes which can take time if making them look decent,

when changing the gearbox change the clutch and cv joints as the driveshafts will already be out, say half a day for that to do

change the brake pipes that are rusting, depending on how many and much need changing say a day to do

patch the cross member, depending on how much needs doing about half a day to do

and job done one decent looking and running micra which you can sell on for the same or more

i would offer to do it but your way to far away from where i live

Fordy said:
it might be because im a mechanic but there are little things and easy apart from the brake pipes which can take time if making them look decent,

when changing the gearbox change the clutch and cv joints as the driveshafts will already be out, say half a day for that to do

change the brake pipes that are rusting, depending on how many and much need changing say a day to do

patch the cross member, depending on how much needs doing about half a day to do

and job done one decent looking and running micra which you can sell on for the same or more

i would offer to do it but your way to far away from where i live

hmm..were's peterbourgh :down: oh yeh

I could have a go at doing all this myself but i'd seriously make it worse im gonna study the haynes anyway

lol yes peterborough where jae was held,

tbh gemma no offense but if you havent done it before and have no mechnical experience i dont recommend you do it yourself as you wont have the tools or the knowledge even if you read the haynes forwards and backwards

surely theres someone closer to you on the forum that can do it?

ian can help out for the right cost i suppose LoL!

and i can help out for the parts 998cc gearbox with brand new clutch etc etc.

Layla said:
no point blaming martin, you should have got the car checked out before you bought it :p

yeh amanda i said in the post suppose he was just doing the car selling but it would have nice to have been honest...

I have admitted in previous posts that i made a mistake and I dont need u to keep telling me I just want to get the car sorted now ok :p

Type-R said:
ian can help out for the right cost i suppose LoL!

and i can help out for the parts 998cc gearbox with brand new clutch etc etc.

I dont wanna ask to much of ian he has already helped me with a lot...and your clutch I dont understand what having a 1.0 clutch in car will do is it not better to just have a 1.3

Fordy said:
lol yes peterborough where jae was held,

tbh gemma no offense but if you havent done it before and have no mechnical experience i dont recommend you do it yourself as you wont have the tools or the knowledge even if you read the haynes forwards and backwards

surely theres someone closer to you on the forum that can do it?

:( taking it to garage tomorrow hopefully to have a quote knocked up as to how much it will cost to get all up to scratch.

Layla said:
no point blaming martin, you should have got the car checked out before you bought it :p

yeah and if there was a fault with a clutch that costs nearly 300quid with labour included to repair he shud have said there was rather then try and blame it on a cable. admittidly you should have checked out out but he had ####ty motives

squarepants said:
have you got the wheels and speaker that you got from silver_si on/in?

no not yet picking them up at weekend - if any1 wants the current alloys make and offer tneed new tyres thojust 15" league ones

rlees85 said:
yeah and if there was a fault with a clutch that costs nearly 300quid with labour included to repair he shud have said there was rather then try and blame it on a cable. admittidly you should have checked out out but he had ####ty motives

yeh any1 could sell me anything tho as I no nothing about cars and I dont no any1 who does I just took his word for it as im 2 trusting

not wanting to b like a vulture but u wantin 2 sell manifold :p lol but the clutch if it was anything decent n from proper garage they should b able to replace it n then claim off the manufacturer of the clutch

You have my sympathies! Its so easy to get ripped off if you arent a mechanic. I went to look at a car a few weeks ago and luckily had a friend check it over. He thought the clutch was biting too high and the seller said it was because it had a new cable. I might have believed him, but my mate was suspicious and took it up a hill in third and put his foot down - the clutch slipped all over the place, and was obviously knackered. The seller then had the cheek to phone back later, leaving an abusive message accusing us of trashing his clutch!

lewic said:
You have my sympathies! Its so easy to get ripped off if you arent a mechanic. I went to look at a car a few weeks ago and luckily had a friend check it over. He thought the clutch was biting too high and the seller said it was because it had a new cable. I might have believed him, but my mate was suspicious and took it up a hill in third and put his foot down - the clutch slipped all over the place, and was obviously knackered. The seller then had the cheek to phone back later, leaving an abusive message accusing us of trashing his clutch!

nasty,

i hate scammers, i don't think i know anyone who hasn't been ripped off in some way by a scammer....

Back