oh dear, car trouble

euro_micra

Matt :)
Ok this turned into a bit of a rant, sorry guys.

Got in the car earlier in the week, started as usual but a mile down the road it stalled at a junction, turned it back on n 5 seconds later it would refuse to accelerate and kangerood/jumped to a stop. Turned back on and revs would drop and stall, did that 5 times, left it 5 mins n it 'went back to normal'. 10 mins later, exact same thing happened at another junction, left it 5 mins n it was normal again for the rest of the journey -about 20mins.

On way home, was fine for first 10mins, then stalled at a junction, turned back on and would run if I held on some revs but stall if I didnt, would also refuse to accelerate and would kangeroo/jump.

I'm pretty sure its the dizzy as a couple of the screws have snapped and is held on with cable ties:wasntme:(yes I know not the best thing but was just a temperary fix was on tight and has worked fine, eccept I haven't got round to completing the fix) and I'm guessing some moisture has worked its way in.

But thats not exactly the problem-

I told my dad about it after, and well he sort of went over the edge a bit -don't think he wanted me to own my own car yet as its too much of a responsiblity, I'm 23 but you know strickt perents eh. And he booked it into a garage. It's had a look over today and what the mechanics told my dad as I've not seen him yet, seems to be very exaggerated.

He said the suspension is a death trap when he took it out for a drive, I've got matiz springs on the front like a few people on here aswell, so beware, maybe, but he said that I've probably cut the springs(which I haven't) and that it bounces and moves alot and apperantly showed my dad this by leaning on the car and moving the body, hmm:glare: which sounds silly as thats supposed to happen and actually the handeling has very much improved over stock.

Said he did not like the look of the engine bay at all. Dizzy cap is no where near good enough, but fair enough it does need replacing. Aluminium air feed like those from halfords looked terrible and shouldn't be on the car at all. And that all of this almost put him off looking at the car further.

Said there's too many wires in the car, I've got 4 speakers powered by an amp, and another cable from the battery powering the boot solinoid and lights. All correctly fused and out of the way too, so don't know where thats come from.

It's been put on a diagnostics and coming back that the cam shaft angle is incorrect i've got 1.3 cams in like many people on here too, so that might have altered the readings a bit. But apparently needs fixing somehow.

It's currently getting a new, but secondhand, distributer fitted. Then diagnostics will be done again to see what the problem is.

It all just seems too exaggerated and my dads eating it all up of course, and said car either needs selling as it's now 'a piece of crap' or pay to get fixed and all put back to stock. I don't want to sell it, and I need it for work too and I need work, as I can barely afford this mechanic at the moment. This is not good-bye, but god-damn-it I need a few kind words as I'm not happy:(

Sounds like garage man does not like modified cars or maybe Micras in general,or car stereos.All unrelated to the cars problem.
The diagnostics may well be confused by the cams change as the software is designed for standard set-ups,but it was working before so is also likely to be unrelated.
Best to sort the dizzy problem & go from there,hopefully you'll be able to get back to enjoying your car again quickly.
Checked your blog again,tastefully modded car that...looks like good work going on..but keep the grey wheels ;)

if im being honest your 23, 23 not 17, i can understand your dads concern mines the same BUT your actually an adult with your own opinions, tell the mechnic to mind his own business, if you choose to have 54 subs and million speakers who is he to tell you thats wrong!?

my advice is this, your t/b needs soldering, i could put money on it, its exactly the same symptoms as what mine did, i unfortunately spent 200 quid for a 2nd hand replacemnt fitted!! never drove the same with it on, when i got back i did a search and it told me to solder it, i did swapped it over and it was perfect

get the car out the garage, get a dizzy cap (new, there only cheap) and fix the t/b

if your dad thinks your cars a piece of crap show him a picture of mine on my blog!!

good luck matey, stay with us on msc, peace:eek:

Im with Marty on this one. I mean mate, you are 23. Why didnt you just told the mechanic gezzer to #### off. Of course everything is ####ed, bad and death trap as usual so he can repair it and charge for it. I had that before. I was given week with my suspension and Im still here.
My dad is very strict and old school man. When I was 19 I told him how thinks gonna be like now and I think he understood that this is the end of it. Since then he treated me like equal. good luck

My dad normally helps me mess with the car when he can be bothered lol! tell the mechanic to do one. :wasntme:

byany chance was it a backstreet garage? cheap but always seem to find another problem with the car for you. if its your car on the books you can do what you like with it. i had my mam and dad threaten to ring the police because of my cut springs lol. let it blow over he will get over it just dont de-mod it. good luck mate

Tell this mechanic that when he stops driving this reliant robin he will know what a real car is, your best bets easily this forum haha! That mechanic seems like one of them tools who 'Think' they're 'It', well news for him, he's a definate tool!

Hope you get it sorted mate, and let us know how it progresses!

Tell him to not underestimate what he will never understand. :p and keep the car mate. IF mine fails the MOT in November I will get the money somehow to keep it on the road.

I'm with every one else tell the #### to do one… if my garage said that to me I'd laugh at them and go to another one… as for your dad well he's your dad he'll worry about you just get him on here and show he other peoples blogs

Hey, cheers guys, yeah it does sound like he's trying to scare my dad into thinking the car is unsafe, thus making money fixing things that are fine. Just annoyed its working, and my dads taking his word over mine, and yours(Y)

I know the car is a wip and the engine bay needs sorting a bit by replacing temporary alu air feed with resonator pipes or better air feed, and removing temporary tie straps on dizzy cap. But key word's 'temporary' as its better with them than without, but only there till I get something better. But the mechanics making it a big deal.

Oh well, will see what he says later today after hes tested it again. Should be fixed, but you never know what he'll come up with next.

You know my Super S is nearing 130k and it's running as smooth as! i don't see how people think micra's are junk fwn
and after paying a garage to do a copper brake line to the rear and some minor welding i'm £200 lighter!
That's why we learn to do stuff ourselves.(Y)
Good Luck!

oh dear car trouble - THAT should be that mechanics moto every time a car comes in
dont talk back to pups and get him upset
intsead show him what your made of by overcoming this yourself=your the man - his son
and tell him its just a car that can be improved upon no biggie

I had the same problem a few months ago when the engine got hot it would die and i had to leave it to cool before it would start again and then i had to keep the revs up to about 1500 to keep it from stalling again. in the end i found that the temperature sensor for the ECU had failed so might want to change that first m8.

deffo get another opinion as well i went to national tyres and exhausts because something was rattling under the car they jacked it up didnt even look at the under side and said that i had to give them £400 for a new exhaust and then they said that i needed new sparks even though i had serviced the car a week earlier, so i went and got a second opinion where i was told my heat shield had fractured and for £20 he could clamp it which solved the prob.

oh i also changed the lambda and car runs like new.

stick with it m8 youll prevail in the end(Y)

hi m8 if you serch for intermotor 55516 thats the part you need its about £15-20 if you need any more help just drop me a PM

Right then, think my dad came to his senses and understood that i'm not going to make a good, safe car crap and dangerous on purpose, so he cooled down a bit, but still wants suspension and engine back to standard. Spoke to the mechanic, he seemed alright actually, probably sees alot worse on regular basis. But has advised I switch the 1.6 airbox back to stock as the engines taking in too much air-don't really understand how he got that it just means I got more filttered air 'on-tap' right, and also wants the suspension changing. Any way, I got car back this afternoon, had the distributer fitted, seems to be all ok, hasn't stalled or jumped yet.

hi m8 if you serch for intermotor 55516 thats the part you need its about £15-20 if you need any more help just drop me a PM

Ta mate, will have to look into it, but I think mine's ok. And its now back to normal which the main thing, will see how it goes.

Ok this turned into a bit of a rant, sorry guys.

Got in the car earlier in the week, started as usual but a mile down the road it stalled at a junction, turned it back on n 5 seconds later it would refuse to accelerate and kangerood/jumped to a stop. Turned back on and revs would drop and stall, did that 5 times, left it 5 mins n it 'went back to normal'. 10 mins later, exact same thing happened at another junction, left it 5 mins n it was normal again for the rest of the journey -about 20mins.

On way home, was fine for first 10mins, then stalled at a junction, turned back on and would run if I held on some revs but stall if I didnt, would also refuse to accelerate and would kangeroo/jump.

I'm pretty sure its the dizzy as a couple of the screws have snapped and is held on with cable ties:wasntme:(yes I know not the best thing but was just a temperary fix was on tight and has worked fine, eccept I haven't got round to completing the fix) and I'm guessing some moisture has worked its way in.

But thats not exactly the problem-

I told my dad about it after, and well he sort of went over the edge a bit -don't think he wanted me to own my own car yet as its too much of a responsiblity, I'm 23 but you know strickt perents eh. And he booked it into a garage. It's had a look over today and what the mechanics told my dad as I've not seen him yet, seems to be very exaggerated.

He said the suspension is a death trap when he took it out for a drive, I've got matiz springs on the front like a few people on here aswell, so beware, maybe, but he said that I've probably cut the springs(which I haven't) and that it bounces and moves alot and apperantly showed my dad this by leaning on the car and moving the body, hmm:glare: which sounds silly as thats supposed to happen and actually the handeling has very much improved over stock.

Said he did not like the look of the engine bay at all. Dizzy cap is no where near good enough, but fair enough it does need replacing. Aluminium air feed like those from halfords looked terrible and shouldn't be on the car at all. And that all of this almost put him off looking at the car further.

Said there's too many wires in the car, I've got 4 speakers powered by an amp, and another cable from the battery powering the boot solinoid and lights. All correctly fused and out of the way too, so don't know where thats come from.

It's been put on a diagnostics and coming back that the cam shaft angle is incorrect i've got 1.3 cams in like many people on here too, so that might have altered the readings a bit. But apparently needs fixing somehow.

It's currently getting a new, but secondhand, distributer fitted. Then diagnostics will be done again to see what the problem is.

It all just seems too exaggerated and my dads eating it all up of course, and said car either needs selling as it's now 'a piece of crap' or pay to get fixed and all put back to stock. I don't want to sell it, and I need it for work too and I need work, as I can barely afford this mechanic at the moment. This is not good-bye, but god-damn-it I need a few kind words as I'm not happy:(

im just a bit shocked your 23 your parents would hate me im 24 and ive had 100s of cars ive got 3 at the moment i had an integra type r at 18 and a skyline gtst at 19 lol
if theres anyway of bringing the car to me ill happily sort it out for you if you bring all the required bits for alot less than youve probably been quoted
i do understand this is in no way aimed at you but we'd get cars in that someone had stuck bits on and speakers and theres wires everywhere a right mess and then the customers bring the cars in and complain that its running wrong, then they'd try to tell me what was wrong because theyd been told by someone online 9 times out of ten they would be wrong does get very frustrating being told your wrong, i had an arguement with a guy with a civic ek who brought me the car explaining theyd bneen online got told the clutch had gone and bought a 2nd hand clutch for me to fit! turned out to be a drive shaft snapped i litterally had to draw this guy a picture to explain why it would give similar symptoms and still he found it hard to believe until i told him it would cost less, then he was happy:doh:

I had i simular problem with my K11 its not suped up or anything I replaced the throttle body on mine aparently thay go on them. I got a new one on ebay for about €140 P&p included well say £120 here in ireland thay charge you €500 or more to buyone and fit one its very handy to fit one in it just bolts on to the manofold. The cars been running perfect since

@martboy: the mechanic did seem alright when I spoke to him, just assumed a few things incorrectly maybe, advised me to wire my cut springs(which I don't have) into the cups as thats what he used to do when he cut his. Coilies are on the list for when i get my new toy:grinning:

@gtsnissanb: car is running fine now, just needed a new distributer cap, moisture kept getting in. Just my dad, he's a bit easy to displease, but he was no different to me when he was younger so he can understand where I'm coming from, just obviously wants me to be safe and doesn't think my micra is the safest car, nor is it anymore with a tiny bit more power n lowered suspension. But its fine now he come around a bit. But car needs to be more reliable now i'm commuting daily, so no more short cuts:wasntme:

@fob12: yep know what you mean, ive had a couple of small infrequent problems with it and I resoldered the throttle body, which helped for a little while, but still plays up for just one second once a fortnight or so no biggy, don't think I'll be buying another.

Back