Question on suspension and bumpy drive

Not sure if it is a problem to the poorly maintained British road... I found my K12 1.0E is very bumpy and would like to have it improved. Could anyone give me suggestions on what I could do, and how I could check out if it is actually a problem of my car?

I know nothing about car maintenance....

Thanks in advance.

Howard

How old is the car would be the first question followed by - What did you drive before this car?

They do ride a bit like a go kart but shock absorber condition and tyre inflation pressures make a distinct difference in these small cars.

I must say I am also having a similar problem with my 53 plate K12, the ride feels very much akin to driving an old army vehicle over fields (ie. decidedly unpleasent lol). Going to check the tyre pressures when I get home and take it to a friend at a garage, see if he can do something about it. Will let you know the result.
Oh, and for the record, I used to drive a K11 micra...surely the ride in this should be better than that?

Lol, I was thinking, less like a tin box on wheels ;) I have had 3 K11's though so not really knocking them, love them to bits but not the most "rock solid" of cars haha...only changed the last to get a diesel.
My car is nicknamed "the frog" as it is green and, well... frog like (as are all the older K12's with their funky headlights haha) and it is living up to its name far too much for my comfort!

Lol, I was thinking, less like a tin box on wheels ;) I have had 3 K11's though so not really knocking them, love them to bits but not the most "rock solid" of cars haha...only changed the last to get a diesel.
My car is nicknamed "the frog" as it is green and, well... frog like (as are all the older K12's with their funky headlights haha) and it is living up to its name far too much for my comfort!

haha... mine nickname is "tortoise". anyway, my car is a 53 plates 1.0E and I have no idea how the previous owner drove the car. I have had the car for about a year and half and it was not that bumpy before. I am sure the tire pressure is alright. To be honest I just like to see if any people has such problem.

Thx.

Right, so just been to the garage and overall thoughts of the car are that it is fine. Oil leak and some underside wing damage aside XD

Regarding the suspension, the chap checked it all over and said that its in pretty good condition, so he checked the tyre pressures and they went like this: 28 30 34 32 :glare:
Anyhoo, he has changed them so they are now 30 all around (rather than the 30 back, 33 front that is reccommended) and driving to work was heavenly!

Anyhow, thats what happened to me, perhaps it is the tyre pressures in your case? Give them a check out :)

Back