suspension noise

Ok when I bought the car the tracking was off

got the tracking done.

Now recently the tracking went off again without me hitting anything or doing anything, I checked the tracking end rod bolt and the pulley and everything is tight and good..

Booked to get the tracking checked out again and on the way had to break sharply heard a noise like a knock and the tracking went back to be OK..

Since that I have been driving two weeks and heard the noise couple more time and the tracking got upset again and went back to normal.. Seems to be happening when I change speed in a brutal manner..

NOW I AM NOT ASKING YOU TO DIAGNOSE IT FOR ME BUT HELP ME DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM

I have been to a mechanic but I couldnt get the fault to happen and I thought like I am wasting his time..

So far I know that its not breaks as I can break sharply without holding steering wheel and everything is ok plus I recently had an MOT done so they would know something is not right..

Also tried doing full lock both ways and no noise either..

I was thinking in terms of drop link? wishbone bush some other bush?

If you have any ideas what I could do or try out I am happy to do it!

BIG THANKS

Wishbone bush, suspension setup or steering rack would be my guess.
Braking hard forces things in on themselves.

I'd look at the rear wishbone bush first :)

just an update the noise definitely comes from front driver side.

How would I test wishbone bush tho? I want to spare myself from kind of situation where the mechanic will say lets change this and see if it helps..

Big bar of any description and lever it back and forth

You'll soon spot a tired bush as it'll be dry and cracked plus not much resistance

what do you mean by "tracking went off, and the tracking got upset again and went back to normal" ?

Taking the same route every day to work it was a flat and very smooth bit at 40mph. One day I have steer slightly to the right to go straight other the day the steering wheel is dead straight..

I had a knock on my k12 for ages (circa 3 years!), only just fixed and after numerous times in the garage where they were unable to find a fault. The knock was intermittent from the front and could be heard and also felt through the steering wheel. To cut a long story short the fault was finally diagnosed by the service manager as a faulty steering column assembly. Had it replaced and the knock has gone. It has also transformed the handling of my car which prior to this was rather vague and wooly and had been far from a pleasure to drive in all of the 3+ years I had owned it.

My steering feels wooly as well.. But I didn't expected to have that fault on 15k micra.. Do you mind asking how much did you paid to fix that fault?

I got mine done at a Nissan garage so not cheap, just over £300! Obviously, yours might not be that but it's definitely worth checking. I've had lots of problems with the front end on mine over the last year and a half (steering and suspension wise). Which has cost ridiculous amounts of money.

Back