question about some small hoses

Hi folks, i nearly finished installing another engine in to my k11, just confusing about vacuum pipes. there is two pipes going out under distributor, where them goes ? also where pipes from coil canister (that big thing on firewall right side with two pipes going out) goes ?

Thanks

the plastic valve in the head just opens once the engine is warm, to burn off any captured vapors in the carbon canister (so its an "in" and an "out" basicly)

thanks for quick replay, from this small valve, goes out two pipes, one smaller and bigger. were they goes, could be that smaler divide in to two.. one part goes in to coil canister, and other somewhere(dont know yet where) in to tb ?

thanks for quick replay, from this small valve, goes out two pipes, one smaller and bigger. were they goes, could be that smaler divide in to two.. one part goes in to coil canister, and other somewhere(dont know yet where) in to tb ?

i dont know tbh maris, my carbon canister etc went in the bin on day 1 :grinning:

ok, thanks, could you tell me, where goes two pipes from tb , and smaller pipe from inlet manifold ?

the big elbow at the back goes to the brake servo (you could block the small one near to it) and the bigger one under the mani goes to the small black plastic crankcase breather valve on the offside rear of the cam cover, and the small pipe under the mani goes to the p/r/v on the end of the fuelrail :)

ehhmm .thanks Frank, just what is p/r/v ? I have fuelrail connected already, started engine... bit heating up too much ... went nearly till red in 10 min., and some times doin like hickups... like there is not enough air .

ehhmm .thanks Frank, just what is p/r/v ? I have fuelrail connected already, started engine... bit heating up too much ... went nearly till red in 10 min., and some times doin like hickups... like there is not enough air .
pressure relief valve mate, it holds the fuel pressure at 3 bar, and the vacuum pipe drops that pressure down to 2.5 bar when the throttle is closed
i would check the coolant level once it has cooled down eh :)

thanks, it was first time, when i started engine, as i got two non running micas one had engine, no tb, second had snapped con rod and blown headgasket. that one with good engine, was for parts, as there some things gone, so i took out engines, and fitted first in to second micra. first micra (actually march) went to scrapyard.
put coolant already around 3 liters . i know, should be 4 liters , is any way to blead cooling system ?

the piping should be:
small pipe from below the airbox to the input of the heat triggered valve on the side of the engine near the temp sensor.
small pipe from the output of the heat triggered valve to a t-pipe
one side of the t-pipe goes to the back of the TB to provide vacuum when the throttles closed
other side of the t-pipe goes to the small top port of the carbon canister actuation valve
the bigger lower port of the carbon canistor actuation valve goes to the inlet manifold

I have some pics, might help give me some advice .

17102011314-pipes.jpg

17102011314-pipes2.jpg

diagram of how the system is plumbed

dsc05429j.jpg

if the old thermostat is seized closed from old age then yeah it'll cause the temps to rise. always best habit to check all the sensors, pumps & thermostats working properly before fitting an engine

diagram of how the system is plumbed

dsc05429j.jpg

if the old thermostat is seized closed from old age then yeah it'll cause the temps to rise. always best habit to check all the sensors, pumps & thermostats working properly before fitting an engine

Thanks, wery useful diagram. cheers.

Back