tech question.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
on your cg13 looking at the micras temp gauge sender on the head there is this other little plug looking thing next to it with two hoses coming off it. Only small hoses like vacuum hoses. One is going into another large hose but one just goes nowhere. Does anyone know where this goes?????

Also below the gauge sender is that the water temp sender for your thermos?

can get picks if needed.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
sikK11 WROTE:

"on your cg13 looking at the micras temp gauge sender on the head there is this other little plug looking thing next to it with two hoses coming off it. Only small hoses like vacuum hoses. One is going into another large hose but one just goes nowhere. Does anyone know where this goes?????<BR>
<BR>
Also below the gauge sender is that the water temp sender for your thermos?<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
can get picks if needed.

its a valve that purges the carbon canister at certain engine temps, and the single wire sensor goes to the guage, and the 2 wire one signals the ecu :)

frank

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Ok sweet. its just my thermos are not coming on and the car is getting hot. the thermos still work and the relay looks to be ok. I cant seem to find the fuse for it as my cover thing is gone..... so dont know which one it is but they all seem to be working. the only thing i can think it is is the temp sender to the ecu.....

Or does that not turn the thermos on?

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"sikK11 WROTE:

"on your cg13 looking at the micras temp gauge sender on the head there is this other little plug looking thing next to it with two hoses coming off it. Only small hoses like vacuum hoses. One is going into another large hose but one just goes nowhere. Does anyone know where this goes?????

Also below the gauge sender is that the water temp sender for your thermos?

can get picks if needed. "</div>

its a valve that purges the carbon canister at certain engine temps, and the single wire sensor goes to the guage, and the 2 wire one signals the ecu :)

frank

Also Frank do you need that canister in there. think mine is gone so that means that hose is going nowhere. Will this cause any problems?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
when i bridge the 2 wires on that ecu sensor my fan kicks in.
and my canister etc was binned on day 1 (i,ve only got 3 vacuum pipes.... brake servo, crankcase vent and fuelrail p/r/v)

frank

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
ok so we have replaced the Thermostat, and flushed the radiator checked the water pump and it seems to be pumpin water still. But my stock gauge seems to be getting hot still. Do you think this is because of a faulty sender or gauge? Or is there something i am missing. My thermo fan is working fine. the car gets to about 3/4 temp then sits there and will not go any higher. There was alot of oil on the temp gauge sender on the head. I have used some contact cleaner on it but has not helped?

Back