2000 Micra 1.0 Cylinder Head Sensor Question

Hello,
I have a 1.0L W reg micra, and on the right hand side of the cylinder head where both the temp sensors are under the distributor there is another kind of sensor with 2 vaccum pipe connections which has been connected together with a short piece of pipe.

My question is, should this be like this? If not where should the vaccum pipes go? Why would this have been done like this? and what effects would this cause.

I know there is a lot of q's here but any help would be greatfully recieved.

Many Thanks

its only the valve for the carbon canister dave (it opens under set conditions and purges any fumes that are present in the canister) has yours been removed ? (near the fuel filter)

I will have to check when i get home tonight, would it cause any running problems?

Seems car has a slight misfire and lack of power only when it has warmed up, flies when cold!!!.

Had a new maf etc but not resolved the problem. Took it for MOT last week and emmissions are high on idle but fine when revved to 2k. Thought it could be the ecu temp sender or lambda sensor causing it which then caused me to find the above sensor/valve thing which looks as though its just been blanked off.

Back