Better clutch? and question about carbs..

A

andyks

So.. Just got MA12 transplant ready to my 1987 Micra.. Micra itself has only 67000km (41000miles?) on clock, but the "new" MA12 is 290000km driven fwn but seems to be in a good condition. Just made a complete head repair to it and renewed all gaskets. Also put two head gaskets to decrease compression ratio for turboing :)
But must go in two weeks to army.. and no time to put turbo in before it.. coz needs new inlet and exhaust manifolds.. going to put injection with megasquirt too..

so... When I'm putting turbo in and trying to get something like 100bhp or above i think original clutch slips a lot :suspect: so where to get a better clucth? heard that k11 1.0 clutch is a straight swap.. but it also has same partnumber so it is exactly the same as k10... how about k11 1.3 clutch? does it fit straight to k10 flywheel? if not.. does k11 1.3 flywheel fit straight? is there any other clutches that would fit straight? i think a k10 racing clutch is more than enough... if there is available..? what kind of clutch does super turbo have?

and another question... people here say that MA12 with MA10 carb gets more bhp out of MA12...? why..? I don't understand how that's possible... there's no difference in carbs in no ways but the jet size.. MA12 has a lot bigger jets...

and what's the main difference between the hitachi and webber carb? is webber really better? what model's has webber? I think there's no micras with webber carbs in finland... at least I haven't seen any...

no difference in the carbs nmate. most people think webbers are better because they get a better response but then that is most probably sue to the hitachi being old and in need of recon.
i prefer the hitachi myself.

the ga16 clutch would be an ideal replacement swapping in the box and fly aswell. giving you a better gear ratio.
and a 200mm clutch.

edit: PS theres guides in the guide section for members:)

RE: RE: Better clutch? and question about carbs..

quickdraw said:
no difference in the carbs nmate. most people think webbers are better because they get a better response but then that is most probably sue to the hitachi being old and in need of recon.
i prefer the hitachi myself.

the ga16 clutch would be an ideal replacement swapping in the box and fly aswell. giving you a better gear ratio.
and a 200mm clutch.

edit: PS theres guides in the guide section for members:)

So there's no reason to find a webber carb.. but can u say what's the thing about MA10 carb to MA12..? i have them both coz i still have that old MA10 in another micra..

does GA16 gearbox fit straight to MA12? does that clutch fit to MA12 flywheel? or do i have to change flywheel as well? does it fit straight? what you mean by better gear ratio? I just swapped also my original S5 marked gearbox to a longer U5 marked model.. dropped rpm:s when driving 120km/h (75mph or something) from 3900-4000rpm to 3100-3200.. that was very welcome improvement for driving on freeways..
Also it's not good if have to change flywheel or gearbox etc... i dunno why but here in finland u can't really find a lot of '90-> car parts from junkyards... and everything u find is sold in packages... as example.. u can't by flywheel in most places.. u have to buy the whole engine or something.. and like the MA12 engine they cost about 300-400euros.. and i got that ma12 super s micra (veryveryrusty) for 250euros.. it's always a lot cheaper to buy the whole car instead of used parts for it.. :p and as an example... basic micra 5-speed gearbox cost 200euros in two places i asked for it :eek: and that's that S5 marked with short gear ratio...

I'm from finland and dunno any way to pay the membership :( I'd really like to join if I just could pay it... what kind of guides are there? do i get the club letter to finland if i pay the whole membership ? :D

you can still join as a "bronze member" which is basically forum-only (you won't recieve anything in the post)

all the information is here - http://www.micra.org.uk/join.php

all done online now mate.
i still have about 4gb of collation i need to add to the guides, just need to organise it etc, but it does get put in dribs and drabs. the whole site is still in proccess of being made tbh. lots of things still need attention.

if you click at the top club menu --> join
then it is all automated now for your ease of use. only £10 (15.0840euro , 89.6881 FIM) because you are non uk, thus dont get the benifits of the show stuff etc. though we are now gathering lots of discount rates aswell atm.

unfortunatly you would require to use the fly wheel aswell.

i have a webber carb that i no longer use that i was running on my ma12 but i have upgraded the engine since. and it is sat out my back.
suppose if you were looking hard for one then i could see about shipments to finland for ya.

wayne

edit : lol jim got in there too ;)
also if you speak to tee koo he is also in finland and has completed a turbo conversion, so may be able to speak better to yourself.

In case you can't use PayPal (you probably need a Visa/MasterCard/American Express) you can still send us cheques as far as I know, and I guess you could enquire about an international bank transfer :)

Bronze:
£10 (about €15)

Silver (not really recommended for people outside the UK):
£20 (about €30)

RE: RE: Better clutch? and question about carbs..

quickdraw said:
if you click at the top club menu --> join
then it is all automated now for your ease of use. only £10 (15.0840euro , 89.6881 FIM) because you are non uk, thus dont get the benifits of the show stuff etc. though we are now gathering lots of discount rates aswell atm.
I once tried to join but couldn't use paypal with visa electron.. and i think u must be 22 or something to get a real visa :suspect:

quickdraw said:
unfortunatly you would require to use the fly wheel aswell.
But it fits straight? as nissan sunny/cherrys E-engines flywheels are bolted with 6bolts and MA-series are with 5bolts... is GA-series 5 too?

quickdraw said:
i have a webber carb that i no longer use that i was running on my ma12 but i have upgraded the engine since. and it is sat out my back.
suppose if you were looking hard for one then i could see about shipments to finland for ya.
Don't think i need that carb.. it was just a thought to get some more power for the time i'm in army... putting injection system in quick as possible after (or during fwn) that...

quickdraw said:
also if you speak to tee koo he is also in finland and has completed a turbo conversion, so may be able to speak better to yourself.
Talked a lot with TeeKoo.. but his conversion is a Cherry E15ET.. and it's totally different engine than MA12 I'm trying to turbo... I first had in mind to put an E15 engine also, but according to finland law it raises bhp so much I'd need to put stiffer driveshafts and bigger brakes also.. and it's a lot of work more.. so is E15-engine mountings etc. too...

well.

i have created a guide for the big brake conversion that i discovered ;)
and completed, very easy :)
driveshafts are very easy to modify also.
both these are in the guides sections.
the ga16 box can go on to the cg and the ma series engines.
there is also a guide for a ga16 conversion onto the cg engine. and since the cg 1ltr clutch fits the ma series engine :)
this is more than accomplishable.

regarding hoping to join if you speak to james im sure he can sort summit for ya :)

Back