• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pulsar SR20DET 4WD conversion Blog

this is fuggin brilliant arnold, I cant wait to see this in the flesh- might even try and make JAE this year (still owe sammo a beer anyway) in my noisy sprint car just to see it!

keep up the good work kristian, thats quite a project.

PS you say next to another 3dr K10 it will appear longer- have you had to stretch the wheelbase or something? I'd have thought a shortened prop would have been how its done? ignore me if i'm being dumb........

No i think he's saying IF he fitted the K10 shell onto the Pulsar floor pan he would of needed to extend the k10 shell.

The size of the Micra will remain the same with this conversion.

don't think i'm knocking it with my comment, i love this kind of stuff. and to me it is a k10. i can't wait to see it at jae.
good luck in meeting the completion date, hope it all goes to plan :)

tbh when i worked at the nissan garage, i told the other lads this was my plan if i won the lottery, but to a k11 (even though i wasn't in love with the k11 then). as you may guess, they said i was mental!!!

No i think he's saying IF he fitted the K10 shell onto the Pulsar floor pan he would of needed to extend the k10 shell.

The size of the Micra will remain the same with this conversion.

AhhhhHHHHhhh i see, read that wrong- cheers for that :grinning:

I'm going up north later to see the car / kristian, pick up bits and just check it out for myself. Looking forward to seeing it first hand. I know some of the body work mods haven't been posted on here, but I haven't seen them for myself either! so curious to see how that's all coming along too.

I have a query regarding the roll cage, but i'l mention that later on in person.

Dont forget guys, that there is loads of work still do do..

Mountins of fabrication still to do, wiring, plumbing..

MASSIVE list.. but the main thing is that its all putting things.. in/on the car.. .. So weve got all the right pieces. Its now putting it together..

Swiper: no offence taken with your comment.. I was just using your point to make a point.. 'if that makes sence?' ha ha..

.. also regarding this being done to a k11..?.. Watch this space.. or specifically my k11 blog :p

which bit you mean?, the cage?..

Yes, the cage isn't positioned properly yet.. its just been in and out a few times to have some shortening..

When the Laser tracking alignment guy comes round and double checks my maths.. Then rear turrets will be finalised and finished..then the cage can.. be positioned properly..

The reason i asked is cos i read in the K-Customs forum that the car would be 'easily finished' by the 7th of April...

This was before Arnold decided on a LOAD more modifications..

I think hes pretty much decided on whats being done now.. as most of its actually been finished..

This was before Arnold decided on a LOAD more modifications..

:D

There aren't many additional mods over the initial ideas, but adding 4wd a few months into the project was obviously going to cause delays. Now that progress is being made with that, and some rough deadlines that Kristian has given me, i'd like to think it would be done by the Santa Pod meet :)

K, you still have to reply to my PM! :p

Lol!! All will be revealed when it's done. I'd just like to reassure you all that there's no huge bodykits etc going on it :)

Its been considered. Steering my car before was hard enough and now with extra weight, it could be even harder, but the plan is to get the engine and everything in and take it for a drive. If it's too difficult, then PAS will go on. Obviously taking even more time, but i need it to be drivable!

I like to be able to feel the road, and that's one of the things you lose with PAS, so hopefully we can do without it.

0o Slightly off topic, but how is the K10 heavy to steer lol.
After my K11 it was like heaven! :)

I think it was the fact the wheels were heavy and had very grippy tyres. I also had a smaller steering wheel. Regular day to day driving was fine, it was situations like parking that caused me problems!

Right, after speaking with Kristian, PAS is going to be fitted. The steering rack, wishbones and other bits and pieces will be taken from the Pulsar. The weight of the engine on the new suspension was tested and I was told the whole thing was very stiff. Kristian was advised by an MOT bloke who's got experience with engine conversions, that the K10 steering system wouldn't last very long and probably fall to bits under the strain!

So... as a result, more time is required. Can only assume it won't be complete for the Santa Pod meet, but i'm sure it'l still be worth the wait!

Well i'm not the one who tested it, Kristian & that MOT bloke did, so nothing to do with my muscles thanks ;) Going on the advice of someone who's seen the problem before, I'd rather not take any chances! If you leave it, the wear and tear on the steering system would cause something to break (can't remember what off the top of my head) and would be very dangerous!

As Arnold has pointed out above...

We were going to leave the rack as normal.. as the k11 ones have proven their durability..

However off the advice from sombody I trust I have taken the decision to either beef up the rack.. or fit a larger one with powersteering..

This was after conciderable deliberation as to what to do..

.. this is an unforseen delay.. Its quite self explanatory and just one of those things with this kind of work.. you frequently dont uncover a problem with a componant until you start work on it..

We have gone for the latter option.. and decided on the GTIR Donor rackand column. ( We have the parts and it also carriers power steering.. )

Pics very soon..

Lol, I'm surprised some of you at the south meet hadn't heard of this project!

Kristian - PICS :p

Lol, I'm surprised some of you at the south meet hadn't heard of this project!

Kristian - PICS :p

yea i didn't know anything about it, i just thought you were putting in a 2.0 not going for the full pulsar setup! :D

Kristian and Arnold will Update this when they get a chance and there has been some major work done, a lot of Arnolds work being done is being kept hush hush, so not all of it will be shown, so even when all seems like nothing is being done, other stuff you're not seeing is happening!

Just calm down, and just wait for the updates! I know we all wanna see it!!

i'm in the same boat mate! lol, I'm waiting to hear the latest too. I was hoping to see it yesterday on the way back from Scotland but Kristians on holiday at the moment. I'm told there is a big update tho, but could be anything lol.

Back