• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pulsar SR20DET 4WD conversion Blog

man, ive been reading this blog and my god by the sounds of it this car is good to look and sound excellent, 2lt 4wd what a car.

can't wait to see the end result

but i know another mod! hahaha which most don't know about....i think...o_O

You know nothing! you know nothing!

so shut your #### :p

lol

nah no point in even talking about it

its being kept quiet for a reason

just bask in the glory once its finished.

hopefully :)

plus it would look bloody ridiculous! sr20 in a k10 demands respect, lambo doors.... im sorry people would just laugh and id be with them! :p

I've had some photos of some of the bodywork changes but no update from Kristian as yet :) I'm just letting him get on with things!

i know things :p

lol
been speaking to him!

but then to be fair not really any thing more than what you told me in our telephone convo arnold

i got a LURVLY present at my work today!

The donor car is being stripped. All the necessary running gear, rear axle, prop shaft etc is off. K's going to be updating this blog later over the weekend i think :)

The donor car is being stripped. All the necessary running gear, rear axle, prop shaft etc is off. K's going to be updating this blog later over the weekend i think :)

Got the picture message off of James. Looked all good.

Hope to see some good progress soon.

Ollie

you have got to get this car to 10 of the best 08....... if this car pushes anywhere near 400bhp when completed. it will own all!!!!

Well if it ever has that sort of BHP, it won't be for a while. I've never intended on pushing the car to that sort of power though, but i have had a nice whole figure in mind.

I've had various quotes on a turbo project, with people saying they can increase the 150 engine to 220bhp, with others saying they can hit 300bhp, and the price to get the turbo done is varying by quite a big margin.. however, the turbo side of things is way down the pipeline. I've also had people saying to keep it N/A, but that's unlikely.

Looking forward to seeing K's update, although we have spoken recently and things are sounding quite nice :)

The standard SR20 from the eGT is 150 bhp iirc, a bit of tuning could easily bring that up to nearly 200 normaly aspirated I reckon, coupled to 4wd and in something as light as a K10 it would be something for the big boys to worry about on the strip, I think a turbo could make it a bit of a handfull, but hey, it could be fun.

Mapped another pulsar today, made 403bhp@ 1.4 bar boost... 200bhp from a N/A SR20 is not /that/ easy. And will be entirely down to how well its configured to work right (or not)..

Proof is in the pudding etc...

Huge update really !!, but cant get any pics up.. Grr!!

Well the pulsar is gone, Ive sent arnold a few phone pics of some key areas..

.. The change in Rear Track width, how the arches look..

Currently the micra is sat on a Rwd assembily..will have pics tomoz, as my Digi camera has well and truly died, and Ive lent out my bluetooth dongle for the PC, meaning I cant upload any pics I DO have.. ha ha...

Will be buying a New digi cam tommorrow, and will be getting my dongle back..

Everything needed from the pulsar is now waiting to go on, including the main rear floor pan area.. past the handbrake .. this means the ONLY plumbing to worry about is some new hard brake lines, and fuel lines..

.. the handbrake assembily, fuel tank, fixings, cables, rubbers, gromits etc.. are all used.. and factory..

The Factory RNN14 fuel tank is being used which is a big saving.

The Key measument here is 44inches.. but much more of that later..

The Rear GTIR suspension is now definatly being used, completely... Enabling Camber adjustment.. and a huge aftermarket of suspension suppliers..

So, a K10 with independant rear suspension, rear calipers and discs, Rwd Wheel drive with a Viscous Limited slip Differential..

LOADS and LOADS of fabrcation to come now,

inc:

The fitting of the new floorpan & plating up
Rollcage, and welding in..
Stitch welding..
and general stregthening..

exciting stuff..

You can never put a completion date on somthing like this, the sheer amount of bodymods alone is big work..

Its been steady big progress so far and I can't see any holdups in future.. so hopfully still on target for march - april..

4 big areas left.. Bodywork.. Fabrication.. Wiring.. Plumbing

I think in 4 weeks the Bodywork and Fabrication should well and truly be done.. leaving final wiring and plumbing..

Im gonna have to insist its completed by june, as im leaving the country for good and would like to be taken for a spin in this!!! hahaha

so is it gonna be RWD only? or 4WD?

good work!! a micra GTIR. nice!

It's definitely going to be 4wd! Its looking nice tho - Rear callipers :D Here's what Kristian's sent me recently :) Keep up the good work!

Donor car
pulsar.JPG

Rear setup
reargear.JPG

Rear Disks & Callipers
rearcaliper.JPG

Rear Track
reartrack.JPG

Was that GTiR written of, or road legal?

Looks like it fitted in nicely - you keeping the std. prop?
Craig

I believe so. It may need shortening but K's got all that in hand. The plan is to use as many standard pulsar parts as possible. They're easier to obtain over custom parts, and reliable.

i'm impressed, i never thought gti-r rear axle would fit a micra shell. doesn't look too much wider tbh. :)
can't you fit that engine aswell? turbo straight away:D
i take it you're using the gti-r gearbox/transfer box.
good luck guys

Chances are, the DET isn't a red top engine, and won't be pre cat either! It's a huge advantage not having to worry about fitting cats.

Getting the engine in and running will probably be difficult enough, and i think transplanting the SR20DET might be even harder. I'm happy to go with the regular SR20, see how it drives in the car for a month or so, and then go from there :)

I think we'l be using the pulsar gearbox & transfer box. Not sure of any alternative options!

Correct, the GTIR drivetrain basically is going in... every aspect of it..

The engine in the above Pic, was in addition to the pulsar which is going towards some micra conversions later in the year.. ( more of that k-kustom work at a later date.. )

Please dont think that this is a direct fit to the k10... There is nothing from the floor pan of the k10 which suits this. The GTIR floor pan is being used..

dsc00156nu3.jpg

Here is the money pic..^^ ( excuse the brush ! arnolds boot lifters are a bit knackered.. but will be replaced.. also ive been careful to not show any bodywork in this pic../. )

..be aware that the rear suspension is not fitted in this picture, so for this the reason the rear wheels are negativly Cambered...

Also, due to this, in this picture.. assembily is sat very low.. and easily viewed from behind.. This will not be positioned here on the car when its fitted.. it will be sat a good 6-8 inches higher..

There are mountins of fabrication to do.. which is obvious with such converison/bodywork/rollcages.. the good news, is thats its much more straight forward than anyone thinks..

..thanks for posting the pics ARNOLD... got my adapter back now.. so can stick a few up..

LOL at using a broom. I had a feeling it was because my boot came down on your head last time :p. My car looks really weird being that high off the ground.

WOW Im sure I was concussed that time!

..that boot has had me AND a friend...

It was one of those... " oh yea!.. look out for that boot fa..!!BANG!!"

ive lost count the number of bumps iive had from k10 boots! bloody things!!! :p

very impressive progress this car is going to be insane!!!

me too ha ha :) sore noggin' a few times cos of that!

great stuff arnold and kristian, look forward to progress updates :)

theres gonna be so many....WTF???'s at the shows...haha
gotta get it to donny and have a track run, when finished obviously....

seeing some of the big boys pee themselves with excitement as a k10 goes past spitting flames would be a thing of beauty...

Back