• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Pulsar SR20DET 4WD conversion Blog

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hello people

I was just wondering if there are any companies in the south that would carry out an engine conversion, including the necessary chassis, suspension, brake and welding required. I'm still in two minds about having one done to mine, but would like to know what costs & time are involved.

If anyone knows anyone who could take on what i'm after, that'd be great. I've always wanted to make the most mad K10 in the club and finally finish my car off.

Cheers people

it would have to be an SR20. I've had the idea for ages, but i want to see it become reality.

Will check those guys out :)

ah so now i see why your being so dispondant about your k10! ignore this muppet would be the first step! then get a cg13 a garage we can work in and ill help you do it!

you forget. ferget this muppet and then get new girl friend. that his unless ems kill's him first lol.

you forget. ferget this muppet and then get new girl friend. that his unless ems kill's him first lol.

Nah she'll let him do the conversion first then kill him if she's got any sense!!

Alan, don't listen to your woman! Listen to the boys that want you to do this!

I know the guys at Sumo Power have some dealings with the SR20, so I imagine that could do it! Alternatively have you thought about Asking Kristian if he could do it? Probably get the best price and also he knows more than anyone probably!

sounds great! but expensive considering that you'll be paying for labour and parts how much roughly do you reckon that will amount to? if you got the money and the passion tho go for it! :)

I'd like to turbo it aswell, but one step at a time! Nothing along the lines of little bandit though. I'd want the engine in and the rest uprated, as the engine could always be tinkered at a later stage.

I've heard of a few places up north that do stuff like this, but i'd ideally like to find something in the south and go from there.

Ed works as an individual, and i can't depend on one person to complete it.

and lol, Ems wants me to get a new car, that's all. The idea has crossed my mind, and mine does need a few repairs, but i don't think i'l be completely happy until it's finished. It totally depends on costs though, as i do want to save up for a house aswell.

unless you do the work yourself the cost will be thousands,

if you do get it done you need

1. a second means of transport whilst yours is off the road, so buying another car + everything else for the 2nd car
2. alot of money to get the engine in place and put in properly so you wont have future problems

then wait till its half done and then look at it and think why and think to yourself you should of brought a faster car in standard form

remember theres a reason why we dont see alot of redtop sr20 k10s going around unlike vauxhall's with redtops

The reason i don't want him doing it is coz he refuses to get a rollcage fitted. Theres nothing wrong with caring/worrying about the person you love. Esp in a poxy tin can.

I said i'd get a rollcage ages ago! and a 2nd car wouldnt be a major requirement. I'l be able to walk to work as it's not far, and with Ems moving in, we'l be able to use her car for weekends and stuff.

Im only really after a cost at the moment, no guarantees it will happen, but i wouldnt mind finding out if it could.

The conversion can be done quite cheaply if the engine is kept quite standard..

I could do it..

\id drop in a block and box for 500 quid..

The only thing is that the car would be off the road for about 3/4 months..

And it would cost you about 2k inc engine and everything ( electrics and plumbing ) for the engine ..

But any other mods would be on top..

There are varying factors on cost.. If you wanted k10 dials.. thats more work..

If you wanted ALL of your interior electrics to work.. and not be stripped out..
more work still..

I could do it..

\id drop in a block and box for 500 quid..

The only thing is that the car would be off the road for about 3/4 months..

And it would cost you about 2k inc engine and everything ( electrics and plumbing ) for the engine ..

Prob your best bet yet. At least Kristian knows what he's doing, as said above. If you do go ahead i would seriously consider this option.

but what about batches car? his is almost finished!!! its the same colour so you can transfer over your kit, easily the cheapest option as it needs hardly any work to complete!!!!!

I dont want batch's car though! No point saying my car is not quite finished if i go and scrap it off for another one. I know a K10 is a K10, but it's not my K10 if you can see what im saying.

I'l definitly bear that in mind Kristian. Would you be able to sort out gear linkages & other necessary upgrades, like suspension & brakes etc?

I don't want two cars! lol. There's barely any room to park my one as it is.

I dont want batch's car though! No point saying my car is not quite finished if i go and scrap it off for another one. I know a K10 is a K10, but it's not my K10 if you can see what im saying.

I'l definitely bear that in mind Kristian. Would you be able to sort out gear linkages & other necessary upgrades, like suspension & brakes etc?

i know what your saying mate, but you could get batch's car and transfer the engine and necessaries from it into your car quite easily :)

It would be cheaper to buy a wrecked SR20 almera and strip the bits off it, and start from scratch. My K10 would still require as much work, regardless of buying Batch's car.

It would be cheaper to buy a wrecked SR20 almera and strip the bits off it, and start from scratch. My K10 would still require as much work, regardless of buying Batch's car.

Correct

In my expearance, ive bought half finished projects before and you end up undoing most, if not all, of the previous work..

.. If your concidering it Arnold

The gear linkages are not a problem.. its all part of the conversion..

The biggest jobs are the electricals.. the main difference with your conversion over a K11 of similar type is simply the fuel tank.. and its feeds..

A fuel cell would be a good option..

I could fit anything uprated you wanted pal.. it all comes down to what you want..

Suspension?
Brakes?
Plexi windows?
Rollcage?
Exhaust?

etc..

As I say.. the Utterly cheapest option would be to just drop the engine in with the dials from he donor car and have no in car heating..

..leaving the chassis and brakes standard..

.. the more you want to uprate.. the more expensive it gets..

( Min I would recommend is brakes and suspension )

Anything you sourced and supplied youself would make it cheaper and cheaper..

.. if all I was doing was fitting?.. then it would work out surprisingly cheap..

Besides your car is a Precat? pre '92?.. so emmisions are no issue.. Get yourself a Redtop eGT!

.. just for some idea.. heres the new engine for the 2.0 pickup conversion, between myself and Andy_S

cimg2302oo1.jpg

Freshly removed from.. you guessed it?

..a wreaked Almera Gti

cimg2301ml6.jpg

Ok, lots of info there. I think it would be best to chat further via PM. I'l send you one either tomorrow or thursday :)

Ta mate

I'll kick him up the bum if he doesn't go ahead with it, he never shuts up about it now!! As long as he gets a rollcage i don't have a prob with it!!

He's at Wembley atm waiting to watch England play, but i'm sure he'll be on later!

I'm back from Wembley! Amazing.. and yeah im still interested! Nex knows of a red top SR20 engine so might get that somehow, and go from there, but i need to talk further about costs, time, parts and everything else. I'l send the PM tomorrow.

rimmer in his SR20 strimmer
about to get some motor going down dawg..

sorry, i came over all westwood..lol

go for it dude...... might give you something to get over those hangovers..lol

I'm busy working :wasntme: . I'l send one a bit later :)

your probably still beat him it takes that lazy sod ages to do anything lol! and he worries far to much which slows him down lol :p

LMAO. Cheeky git

Your never busy. I don't think you understand the meaning of the word!! Your on here all day every day :p

I'm going to have to think about this, after chatting to a mortgage advisor, i'd probably have to sell everything i've ever owned ever, including myself lol, in order to buy a house! I just dont know if i'l have the spare cash to complete such a project, as much as i really want to.

its been in the news recently that house prices are starting to fall, if i were you i'd hold out a little longer before buying a place mate, i'm really happy at the news as i knew this would happen so im glad i dont have a whopping mortgage over me.

hold out on the house another year mate you'll save a bundle!

Well i was told i need to save 20 grand as deposit, and i'm a few decades away from having that kind of figure saved up! Obviously i'm saving up with Ems, but still that's quite alot of money. I'l just have to keep buying lottery tickets and betting on football results.. made £30 last night on the scotland result :)

We're definitly going to wait until it becomes affortable though.

good man, and yeah 20g's is alot of dosh! even between 2.

so with that in mind back to the sr20 conversion ;) ker-ching! :D

I think you should do it babe. We'll both mod our cars to the max, and then worry about a house after. You know your mum doesn't want us to move out anyway!!

We can save up 20g in 2 years if we both put 400 away every month! So not all's lost, and as speedle say's, the prices will crash at some point. Theres thousands of people in our situ, so the government will have to do something!!

Either way, it'll be cheaper for you to spend 3g on your car, than buy a 8g civic!!

Assuming it costs 3g to complete! Yes speedle is right, i am a bit cautious about things and i wouldnt want it to spiral into extra money, or find in a years time, the project isn't done. I kinda need firm costs and realistic deadlines. Anyways, i'm yet to write the PM - been busy :p

Second that!!! :p Always on MSN or playing puter games at work!! Apparently the managers do it too so it's ok!!! :p

Wow, 3G would give you a SERIOUSLY modded K10! Inc SR20DE....

My Wide Arch 2.0 project hasn't cost me that.. and It would stay under that mark easily if i hadn't decided on a little bandit Bhp Figure..

I dont think your costings down south are like what they are up here..!

lol

Back