• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

PROject PROfect

hi, like what you have done so far, keep it up.

what type of material did you use for the door cards as i want to do something similar.

thanks

Free trolling ON/ People with Ebay GTR badges should be banned from the club /Free trolling OFF
You should redo the bottom of your open grill doesnt look very straight.
Looks clean other than that! Taiwanese rear leds looks good with the color of your car. Good job overall

hi, like what you have done so far, keep it up.

what type of material did you use for the door cards as i want to do something similar.

thanks
Thanks I do try to keep it up, every 5 days of work spent waiting for my days off.
The door cards are wrapped in black polyester/cotton and applied to the original door card with spray adhesive.

That's coming along nicely micraPRO, I love the door cards :O really nice.
Really need to do have a look at your wet and dry paint rejuvenation mate but I'm a bit scared of sanding my whole car :/
but thanks very much :) door cards were easy really just glue and cover.

Free trolling ON/ People with Ebay GTR badges should be banned from the club /Free trolling OFF
You should redo the bottom of your open grill doesnt look very straight.
Looks clean other than that! Taiwanese rear leds looks good with the color of your car. Good job overall
(I don't have a GTR badge... Anymore and even if I did it was because I have a sense of humour.
The grill isn't straight at all well spotted it's just something else on my list to redo... Or get the nismo one. Honesty appreciated.

Theyre not amazing here tbh... theyve decided to resurface all of the main road so i end up dodging 6 inch high drain covers! Mate in a polo tore his front subframe in half on one! I get what you mean though... you should consider coilovers, the extra stiffness helps handling and load carrying and even if you dont go very low theyre good. I was about 50mm before and always scuffed the arch and hit bumpstops on bumps, now im lower and havent scuffed the arch yet with even more weight than before in the car and bumpstops are nowhere in sight!

Mine were only 50 quid, and you can get a new set on ebay for about 150 ish if you dont want second hand ones :) Your car looks good as it is though so tbh its just preference really.

Mine were only 50 quid, and you can get a new set on ebay for about 150 ish if you dont want second hand ones :) Your car looks good as it is though so tbh its just preference really.
I'm guessing that's the corsa set up up front and polo rears?
2nd hand ones wouldn't bother me...
Thanks Joe :)
I just think it needs to come down a little more the rear is just riding a little too high for my liking...

I'm guessing that's the corsa set up up front and polo rears?
2nd hand ones wouldn't bother me...
Thanks Joe :)
I just think it needs to come down a little more the rear is just riding a little too high for my liking...
Nah polo all round on mine, sits pretty sweet too :)
for me the rear tucked down nice i was always playing catchup to get the front down to match... all sorted now lol

FAIL!!!
Offside track rod end ball joint excessive play.
Nearside front constant velocity joint.
Nearside rear brake pipe and hose excessively corroded.
Offside rear brake pipe and hose excessively corroded.
Nearside rear outer/inner sill excessively corroded.
Offside rear outer/inner sill excessively corroded.
Ouch On the old wallet... Confirmed I have a poorly car.

FAIL!!!
Offside track rod end ball joint excessive play.
Nearside front constant velocity joint.
Nearside rear brake pipe and hose excessively corroded.
Offside rear brake pipe and hose excessively corroded.
Nearside rear outer/inner sill excessively corroded.
Offside rear outer/inner sill excessively corroded.
Ouch On the old wallet... Confirmed I have a poorly car.
Damn, commiserations dude :(

Thanks guys shes booked in for work on the 2nd best I could do to keep it inside the 10 working days I've hired a ramp and will get busy with the welder...
And then after the MOT time to go lower ;)

Time for an update :)
Started de bumpstripping the sides with huge paint damage so been busy with the painting...
ive recently bought a new SR bumper from SR steve very badly damaged and fancied the challenge of repairing one :)
IMG_1891_zps2ae4a4c6.jpg

so got the fiber glass out and repaired all the cracks in the bumper about 5 in total one that even i thought couldnt be fixed.
IMG_1887_zps2a7fa06b.jpg

flatted all the paint and filled the biggest crack with p38 easy sand no power tools in my shed ;)
sanded and shaped for a good few hours till the whole bumper looked like this...
IMG_1895_zpsc64a604d.jpg

then there comes the questions from the mrs... youve got one of them can i have it on mine :D
and yes i guess she can so we spoke about paint and what she wanted to do... AJ4 all over or black poor person style?
Finally after just 2 days and my garden to work in it was ready :)
IMG_1900_zpsb6052628.jpg

Gloss black with red insert i did try telling her colour coding is the way forward... but each to there own :)
IMG_1904_zps3a384ecc.jpg

IMG_1903_zpsb9150b43.jpg

pics will be up when its fitted... waiting for a day off now :(
This is Chloes new car after the green one was written off...
IMG_1882_zpsac209031.jpg

work in progress and i get the fun of working on 2 of them :D

Looks good mate :) she needs it lower though :p Haha. I really like that bumper though, makes me wanna tart mine up a bit
Yes she really does need it lower but after a crash already her insurance would kill her...
Joe! Do it tart your bumper up :)

your paint job is amazing! what do you use?
Oh stop it you will make me blush lol but thanks mate :)
What do I use... Honestly? 2 packs of project sand paper from halfords and rattle cans from halfords one garden some sun lots of swearing and shouting at the wind and patience :) thats it...

Oh stop it you will make me blush lol but thanks mate :)
What do I use... Honestly? 2 packs of project sand paper from halfords and rattle cans from halfords one garden some sun lots of swearing and shouting at the wind and patience :) thats it...

Ah wind, my arch nemesis.

Does look amazing though, did you buffer it at the end at all? or is it just wet in the pictures because it looks bloody amazing.

I ask as i want to do mine, i was going to buy that one you have so i have a spare in case i mess up, but crappy funds :(. Wanted to try fabricate a jap stype one with a square plate

Ah wind, my arch nemesis.

Does look amazing though, did you buffer it at the end at all? or is it just wet in the pictures because it looks bloody amazing.

I ask as i want to do mine, i was going to buy that one you have so i have a spare in case i mess up, but crappy funds :(. Wanted to try fabricate a jap stype one with a square plate
Mine also and I'm sure many others on here haha
Nope not buffered or shined what you see is a gloss black bumper with red insert and 2 layers of lacquer all dry and shiny on it's own left to bake in the sun :)

This one was pretty knackered but it's been rescued :)
Ahhh fabricated jap style is next on my list too :)

Im just worried about it cracked after not to long :/

whats the best way, fibreglass?
What I do is drill a hole at the end of the crack this reduces tension and stops the crack moving any further. Then fibreglass the back side of the bumper as it's a pain in the rear to sand lol
Then body fill the crack lines smooth :) dust with primer to check it's super smooth :)

What I do is drill a hole at the end of the crack this reduces tension and stops the crack moving any further. Then fibreglass the back side of the bumper as it's a pain in the rear to sand lol
Then body fill the crack lines smooth :) dust with primer to check it's super smooth :)

What about in terms of making a jap style bumper? whats the best way to cover up the big gaps as theyd be massive.

I drive a lot on A roads so prone to stone chips, and heavy winds, so itd have to be ultra strong

What about in terms of making a jap style bumper? whats the best way to cover up the big gaps as theyd be massive.

I drive a lot on A roads so prone to stone chips, and heavy winds, so itd have to be ultra strong
Fiberglass would hold up to that abuse chap a good few layers tho mind :) it's hideous stuff to work with but once you get the right skill going it's a worth while tool... Your only in cambridge right? I could come down and we could tackle that job together ive got plenty of useful plastic cards to bridge the gaps with?

Fiberglass would hold up to that abuse chap a good few layers tho mind :) it's hideous stuff to work with but once you get the right skill going it's a worth while tool... Your only in cambridge right? I could come down and we could tackle that job together ive got plenty of useful plastic cards to bridge the gaps with?

That sounds like a good plan my friend, how far are you?

Let me know when you plan to do this, I think my area wouldn't be good to do work it,

That sounds like a good plan my friend, how far are you?

Let me know when you plan to do this, I think my area wouldn't be good to do work it,
I'm located in Norwich mate you sent electric windows to me not so long back... It's 65 miles away according to google maps.
Well you'd be welcome to take the trip here and we could use my garden for the work.
And my grandads workshop if needs must E.G weather lol

I'm located in Norwich mate you sent electric windows to me not so long back... It's 65 miles away according to google maps.
Well you'd be welcome to take the trip here and we could use my garden for the work.
And my grandads workshop if needs must E.G weather lol

That sounds awesome mate, just need a spare sr bumper now.

Not so much of an update but more advice... I'm really considering 13" deep dish banded steels but want to keep the overall look of my car... Don't even really know what style I've got at the min(?) do you guys think it would work with how my car looks now? Or would there be certain things that would just look odd...

Yeah what ade said, only really works low. 13" might be a tad small and balloon like for your look too, assuming you keep correct tire profiles. I'd say banded 14" could work nicely though :) less ballooning and more wheel for a sexy dish paint job.

Back