• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

project micra

hi guys! ive posted a few times before, but thought it was about time i posted a few pictures of the micra, any suggestions idea's on any mods or anything i could do differently would be a great help! cheers

IMG-20120201-00557.jpg

IMG-20120325-00662.jpg

IMG-20120520-00799.jpg

IMG-20120530-00818.jpg

IMG-20120406-00682.jpg

will put more pics up soon! once again, thoughts and idea's would be great! cheers

First bit of advice.

Use axle stands when a car is jacked up and dont fit that exhaust i can see in one of the pictures :)

Anyway, first step lower it and get the handling sorted.

good point! was ina bit of a rush, excitement of new wheels and all!

how low would you recommend mate? havint realy got the cash to be getting some coilovers!

I like your color on the car :)
I think it would be nice to have the same color on the rims, as you got on the car :D

Keep up the good work !

got a few yeh! cars now lowered! (engineered springs)
, running on those wheels ion the pic above! been refurbed and painted saphire black!
looking to get her lowered more,
and also interested in the pete lloyd exhaust system? any got this fitted or know much about it?

cars now lowered! (engineered springs)

Engineered lol Like it.
Like the car a lot,less is more...Little bit lower..Try 2.5 coils.
We had a silly low miles car same as this with a shot auto box. It got broke up,I always regret not converting it to manual & keeping it.

ive had 1 coil of the standards at the mo... is two to much for standards? or wll they still be 'captive' or whatever?

so yesterday i went up to peterborough to pick up springs wheels and spacers... fitted it all today, ( pics to come later)
i fitted up the springs, and the car is sat lower on the drivers side?? drives lovely! just cant seem to work out why its sat lower on the drivers side? HELP

its good bye micra time in the next few days, been given a merc 190 e, But, ill be back! not sure i could go a few months without a micra, so the micra's up for sale, allong with the wheels and everything on it/ in it!

Ben said:
its good bye micra time in the next few days, been given a merc 190 e, But, ill be back! not sure i could go a few months without a micra, so the micra's up for sale, allong with the wheels and everything on it/ in it!

That is shame Ben :(
You will spend more money on benz 190e than this Micra.

ive had a re think and the micra's going no-were! want to get hold of original coloured bonnet and grill ( if anyone has any), in the middle of making own adjustable panhard! and going to strip the wheel paint back to metal and laquire up!

i was thinking about a full respray in that colour? was down ace cafe last night, just suddenly got the inspiration to get her looking good! so hers the list
strip interior.. bucket seats and buckle harnesses
respray/ find original bonnet grilland wing
1.3 engine and box conversion ( as my box is wrecked)
set her up on some coilys on the front! and bring her down on the back!
new wheels (not sure what)
new sills
possibly when funds allow... civic 1.4 engine or 1.6 dropped in/ any engine you lot know would be good??

any thoughts/opinions welcome!
cheers lads.

I really do like the blue expecially with the black wheels, sits nicely and if your getting a civic engine try find a 1.8vti, if not go for just the 1.6 my mate had a plain 1.6 but sounded nice and meaty with a cone filter, real need for speed underground sound!!

yeh back needs to come down abit though! and yeh, i need to have a think, dont really want to turbo it! then issues arrive, would rather do a straight engine swap for a 1.6 or 1.8vti more reliability! and then i can show the civic boys how its done!;)

I'd go for a B16a2 from the ek9 civic type r and vti imports, more than enough power with simple breathing mods, lightweight and a potential for 11k red line. Also due to how light the micra is, the one downside of the engine having a low amount of torque is negated.

so, ive had the gearbox out and replacing it this week. did a 400 mile round trip with a clutch slipping so bad i could barely pull away:rolleyes:. been driving this stupiiddddd merc 190e for a few weeks, hate the thing! cant wait to jump back in the micra soon,
having serious issues with what to do to her next, as cash flow is becoming a big proglem! any cheap mods that can make these 1.0's faster? cheers!

so whilst having a "few" beers last night, i last minute put a bid in on a 1.3 facelift in black, thought id regret it, but woke up happy with my purchase so lifes good! anyway, i need some wheels for my new rideeee.. so if anyone has any going, let me no, want something 13" or 14" with a little bit of class to them!

Back