• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My White Micra Project

I'm New and Require Help! Please.

Hi guys, i'm new to the site, i have spent the past few days reading most the major blogs on here for the K11. So i thought i would go out and buy myself a K11. I payed a fee of £500 but am yet to collect it.

I would post pictures but am not too god with forum tools and aren't too sure how to do it.

Basically my main confusion at the minute is what alloy wheels can be fitted on a K11. I'm aiming for 15's but would be happy with 14's and dont want to spend a bomb on them, so second hand is fine with me.

I hope to be looking at about £150 maybe more hopefully less:p

I have been doing some Research on Alloys that im aware should fit but I cannot be certain.

Am i right in saying PCD 100. ET35 - ET45 Offset. No idea what it all means really so any helo would be great, once i pick the car up on Saturday i shall get some pictures taken and upload them (if i learn how to).

Help Me out here fwn

I wouldn't mind them sticking out a tad, i dont want alloys that are sat tucked under the arches.

Any chance you could find me some cheap(ish) examples, links to sites etc.

Thanks.

195's fit in the arches fine with no scrubbing and are usually what people use. no problems even when lowered. (which is recommended with 15's, gets rid of the tractor look)

best tyre for 15's would be 195/45/r15 this will fit fine and not cause a major headache with your speedo reading wrong. they keep the overall wheel size similar to the standard 13" wheel and tyre.

Great so far guys, i'm learning already, keep links/suggestions coming

I got a driving lesson right now, back later. :p

OK guys, a quick overview of what i have planned for the car.

1) I have bought a Laguna Splitter off eBay, It comes cut in half, so i may customise it to look real good
2) Currently bidding on a rear spoiler w/ Brakelight
3) Colourcode the bumpers (my brother is a bodywork mechanic and panelbeater)
4) Induction Kit, was thinking of going for GREEN
5) Alloys at some point 15's
6) Exhaust Backbox, probably about 2.5" to 3"
7) Lowering, just unsure what i will need to lower 35mm, just springs or shocks aswell.
8) Customise the front grille, mesh it in some way
9) Whatever comes up....anything else anyone can suggest that is a simple mod that makes a big difference at a low price :p

get it lowered! will make a huge difference with the look of the car, and make the ride feel slightly sporty go for 35mm-40mm

get it lowered! will make a huge difference with the look of the car, and make the ride feel slightly sporty go for 35mm-40mm

Yeh mate i'm going to lower it, as my post above i asked what i need to lower, just springs or springs and shocks.

Still on the lookout for Alloys

just springs to lower and give stiffer spring rates...thus helping handling...

shocks you dont need altough stiffen the car up abit more, will be fine with just springs with standard shocks tho. :)

Hi guys. Picked up my Car this morning, gave it a well good wash, inside and out.

My brother had a look at the car and we have had to order a Timing Chain Kit as one or maybe two of my Tensioners have gone and is making an awful noise under the bonnet.

I fitted a cheap Universal Airfilter i had from my mums old car.

Just want to get it into good shape now engine-wise and then begin to get more parts.

Back