Problem with Starting! need help quick!!!

bens851

Ex. Club Member
Hi everyone,
My micra isn't starting not sure why any help or suggestions would be great as i need it on the road by today really!!

Right!
Baiscly a couple of days ago i moved the car a few metres and turned it off.... when i came to start it again it wouldnt so i assumed that i had flooded it so took out the fuel injection fuse and ran the car on the motor to drain fuel, put it back in and stll wouldnt start.

After several times i was stumpted!
so i phoned my mate! he told me a few things and if checked them out.
I checked if the fuel pump was whirling up when i turn on the ignition and it wasn't... so my mate came over and we put 12 volts to the fuel pump and it whurled up so it must be the wiring or fuse....
we then checked to see if she was sparking and she wasnt...

So we got confused again.. not sparking or not whirling up the fuel pump..
So we checked the ignition and that was fine. we checked all the fuses and relays and were all working apart from the engine cont under the bonnet which didnt click when i turned on the ignition....

We also found that the injectors are getting voltage but no ground....

We are pretty much at this stage and have no idea what to do.... we are assuming that the ecu is not issuing a earth because it is knackered or is not getting a sufficient earth.......

Im hoping that its no the ecu that is dead... but does anyone have any suggestions!!?!?!?!?

Thankyou very much

does the car have NATS?

Yes, if your immobiliser is not disarming, then your fuel pump and dizzy will not get power (Dual circuit immobiliser). On cars with NATS there is a red LED flashing when armed. once the correct key is turned to position II the LED will go out. Try your spare key if you have one!:p:p:p

i had the key problem a few years back and i now have a new key since then...
Last time that happened the engine management orange light was flashing. i do not have that this time.
Also with the nats problem does it cut the starter motor as it is turning over....

I am getting voltage to the injectors but no negative....
this is why i think that the earth is dodgy....
I have looked at the wiring diagram and all earths that go the the ecu are fed from Earth 2.... i have no idea where earth 2 is but i am gonna try and find it so i can clean it!

yeah thinking about it... it sounds like its either the key or the coil....
hope its the key!

Im getting rid of the bloody thing in feb!
its just had its mot! i thought i was set!

also check to see if your ecu has power it a common fault see 2/3 at work each months, from what your are describing it sound like a key, but also if the ecu isnt powering up it also knocks out the fuel pump and spark ask hoodedreaper we did it on his :p

Back