Problem with Starting! need help quick!!!

bens851

Ex. Club Member
Hi everyone,
My micra isn't starting not sure why any help or suggestions would be great as i need it on the road by today really!!

Right!
Baiscly a couple of days ago i moved the car a few metres and turned it off.... when i came to start it again it wouldnt so i assumed that i had flooded it so took out the fuel injection fuse and ran the car on the motor to drain fuel, put it back in and stll wouldnt start.

After several times i was stumpted!
so i phoned my mate! he told me a few things and if checked them out.
I checked if the fuel pump was whirling up when i turn on the ignition and it wasn't... so my mate came over and we put 12 volts to the fuel pump and it whurled up so it must be the wiring or fuse....
we then checked to see if she was sparking and she wasnt...

So we got confused again.. not sparking or not whirling up the fuel pump..
So we checked the ignition and that was fine. we checked all the fuses and relays and were all working apart from the engine cont under the bonnet which didnt click when i turned on the ignition....

We also found that the injectors are getting voltage but no ground....

We are pretty much at this stage and have no idea what to do.... we are assuming that the ecu is not issuing a earth because it is knackered or is not getting a sufficient earth.......

Im hoping that its no the ecu that is dead... but does anyone have any suggestions!!?!?!?!?

Thankyou very much

Did you run the car out of petrol? Cos I run mine out, lifting all the #### out of the tank,:wow::wow::wow: it took a long time to get the car running again, pulling all the plugs out and cleaning & inspect them.:p:p I had to disconnect the battery altogether for a while to reset the ECM as the MIL lamp was flashing like mad:suspect::suspect:

OP
OP
bens851

bens851

Ex. Club Member
no there is nearly half a tank in there mate....
i know there is fuel in the tank.

its a bigger issue that that....

yeah it has NATS
Does the NATS cut the starter motor? cuz it is turning over....

NO the NATS immobiliser does not cut the starter motor circuit, usually immobilisers by two or more circuits. basic OEM ones cut the circuit to the fuel pump and the power to the dizzy usually.

OP
OP
bens851

bens851

Ex. Club Member
i see... right well it may be that then
i dont know if im getting power to the distributor

But does that prove that im not getting earth to the injectors buit im getting voltage?

pollyp

Club Member
check if it's wet underneath or around the ecu cos when mine was soaked by a cabin leak during a monsoon, the ecu circuitry fizzed and shorted out from the water and tripped the NATS with flashing engine light therefore couldn't start until i dried & cleaned off the ecu.

OP
OP
bens851

bens851

Ex. Club Member
it was a faulty wire under the fuse box....
apparently it was cut...
but me and my mate stood and looked for cut wires under the fuse box for ages lol

we are just bad mechanics......