Starting Problems

Hi, this is my first post, I've tried quite alot of the suggestions from searching but still not getting my micra to start.
We bought the car of thursday, knowing that it had problems, and managed to start it but hitting near the fuel pump with a rubber mallet. It drove well for 5 miles or so then lost power so we towed it home.
Since then we've managed to start the car a couple of times but then it loses power and dies after just a few seconds.
Now its not starting at all, so far we have tried and checked:
The resoldering the TB trick
Taking out the pump fuse and running incase it was flooded
All the spark plugs are working.
The fuel pump doen't make any noise like people on here say it should with the ignition on before trying to turn it over on the starter.

Any ideas very welcome
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes it seems the pump's definately the problem. Took it out today and couldn't get any sensible impedance readings. I then dropped the pump on to the concreate floor and now can get a reading and it runs off a 12V supply! Seems that there must be something faulty inside the pump so I'll replace it tommorow.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes it seems the pump's definately the problem. Took it out today and couldn't get any sensible impedance readings. I then dropped the pump on to the concreate floor and now can get a reading and it runs off a 12V supply! Seems that there must be something faulty inside the pump so I'll replace it tommorow.

surely an accident..lol

Back