possibly selling up/1.3 sr

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i might be selling my micra as i want to move onto a new project now as i have done all i want to do to the micra. i love this car to bits and is possibly the best i have ever had but it is time to move on to something bigger and faster. this car has been loved and you only have to go to my blog to see that. i have been told it is very rare too with all the factory extras including rear discs and abs.
10hoyo2.jpg

oayxl0.jpg

i3fnza.jpg

aakqv7.jpg

2r723ap.jpg

so there you are..this isnt deffintly up for sale, all i want to but possibly could be with a bit of intrest. im looking for around 700 as i bought it for 600 and have trew 100's into it including paintjob.
thanks steve

its N reg bud regardless of the mods, u'll never get your money back when modding a car, you would probs be best off selling the car STD as it will appeal to a more wider range of people ( as many people dont want a cage and no rear seats and a getto surspention setup) sell the parts seprate and try to get some money back off them

Hi Steve, I would be interested in it, but one thing I noticed in the picture is the rear cage actually fitted? looking at the rear right cage its just in the air? Do you have the cage documents, who made it? If its not fitted thats something else to kepp in mind when selling.

Its an N reg car, webuyanycar.com value it at £200, with the mods on it now being second hand, i'd offer £400.

nah mate it dosnt go al the way to the arch. dont no what it is made for, not a micra though. however im my mate is currently measuring up the gap to cnc machine a block to fit in the gap. 400 is a massive dip in the price i need mate as it would take me at least 2 paydays to have the money for a new car and i need the car to get back and forwards to work

I'd have been interested in parts, but the cage is useless as it's not certified and doesn't fit properly.

I paid £500 for a 40k P reg K11.

I made a huge loss selling my previous cars, if you want to get close to the money you want, you're best off selling the modified parts, putting the car back to standard and selling it.

like i have said god knows how many times its a SHOW CAGE and no it does not fit as its for a VW polo that i also have said many times and can be brought for 140 of ebay with outher parts of that cage this does not come with. also this cage is not worth more than £30 as 14 people have now owned it it is in crap condition and has been bent and bashed to make it fit or to fit it you need to hammer in the pillar.

like i have said god knows how many times its a SHOW CAGE and no it does not fit as its for a VW polo that i also have said many times and can be brought for 140 of ebay with outher parts of that cage this does not come with. also this cage is not worth more than £30 as 14 people have now owned it it is in crap condition and has been bent and bashed to make it fit or to fit it you need to hammer in the pillar.

why do you insist on keep pointing this out..no one really cares. if they are intrested in the car its not going to be for the fact its got a 'show cage' in it

why do you insist on keep pointing this out..no one really cares. if they are intrested in the car its not going to be for the fact its got a 'show cage' in it

erm because k6 asked! and obv people do care about it if there asking about it! i dont want people to be riped off from it as it is of no value realy! its more dangrous than anythink!

erm because k6 asked! and obv people do care about it if there asking about it! i dont want people to be riped off from it as it is of no value realy! its more dangrous than anythink!

Cheers Micras69, yes it is important! If people are looking for a cage'd micra then you need to tell them stuff like that.
Its a world of difference between a show cage for a polo made to fit a micra and a proper FIA Certificated cage for a micra, thats why I asked.
In that case £400 would be a good offer, and i'm sorry but I wont be buying it.

steve this isnt a pop at you or the car! but i feel that people should know the correct info of the car and aware of the dangers the car comes with i.e the cut springs, i do hope you know that it is no longer road worthey, inshurance and MOT are now invalid and them alone are a criminal offence and a ban?

steve this isnt a pop at you or the car! but i feel that people should know the correct info of the car and aware of the dangers the car comes with i.e the cut springs, i do hope you know that it is no longer road worthey, inshurance and MOT are now invalid and them alone are a criminal offence and a ban?

I agree, its not a dig just advice!

Does it have an MOT & tax and insurance and do they know of the mods then?

dont know what everyones crying about, if you dont want it just dont say #### all, good luck selling it (Y)

its not safe to drive!???:glare:

my advice would be to have the correct springs re-fitted for the sale. to sell it as it is and put someone elce at risk is silly.

get the seats back in and get the cage out make it look standard inside will attract more people i think! (Y)

tbh if i was to by the car i would read the blog. in there you can see all the "doggy" stuff thats gone on....i like it and to be fair its not hard to make a bracket to fit the cage. ive been reading the blog since he started and alot of hard work has gone into it. i sold my standard one for 350 so offers in the reagon of 600-700 is good imo.

My PERSONAL opinion.

Is that it's extremely poor attitude and behaviour to sell a car KNOWING that it's not safe, you cannot argue it's safe when the springs are loose because they're so short, and have fallen out whilst you have been driving.

the cage was touching my rear arches when i sold it so steve you havnt got it pushed far enough back mate all i had to do was to make 2 triangles/cheese wedge shapes to fit between the cage and the arch then bolt the cage to the blocks and then weld the blocks to the car but good luck selling the car dude

I'd say that's fair based on the fact it needs new springs, and is only half a micra that needs seatbelts re-fitting and is high mileage.

I do remember seeing a thread by Arnold saying unless you intend on buying do not post in the buy and sell thread....

look to many people on here are putting crap into this thread will one of the mods clean the crap out and put this in the right section. if someone wants to buy this car they will go and look at it and decide. on this forum people slate everything and they wonder why people are leaving.

look to many people on here are putting crap into this thread will one of the mods clean the crap out and put this in the right section. if someone wants to buy this car they will go and look at it and decide. on this forum people slate everything and they wonder why people are leaving.

perfectly worded!

(oops not aloud to post if not buying)

Grow up people!

If certain information is needed to be put into the thread because you think someone is at risk etc etc then do so...!

But dont keep on about it...1 post is enough to get your point across!

Let sr-steve sell the car, you points have been made now.

I would be tempted to re-do this thread sr-steve, but make sure you list every bad point for the new owner! otherwise it is dangerous!

I wouldn't have posted if all the issues were clearly pointed out, but it seems like he's intentionally skipping over dangerous issues.

My value of around £300 isn't intended as insulting, just my opinion that modified cars are worthless, I sold one for about £800 with about 40k on it and with about £500 of parts.

As I said earlier you'd get a lot more money to return it to standard and sell the parts and the car seperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back