Selling k11, 1.3, 5 door, manual, 1998 due to ULEZ expansion . Located in NE London

• Thread starter Deleted member 47482
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47482

91070 miles (this will change slightly as I am still driving it most days, but do a low mileage)
MOT until 19/11/23
(advisories at last test: both front indicator bulbs 'fading' - not noticeable to me!; Offside rear inner wheel arch corroded, both rear inner wheel arches surface corrosion)

The car drives perfectly, and I have been driving it since 2004 (with only 1 previous owner from new), it has been extremely reliable.

I am reluctantly selling it due to the London ULEZ expansion, it is not compliant with this, but would make a great car for someone outside the zone. Obviously no guarantees, but I was expecting to continue driving it for many more years.

There is early service history, but nothing recent as all the servicing since I got it has been carried out by my father. It has been well looked after, using top quality oil, regular oil and filter changes, regular fuel treatments.

I have still been putting E5 petrol in as I believe it is better for the engine, and I get better mpg using this. It is technically not compatible with E10 petrol, although there are several threads on here from other drivers of these cars who use it without any issues, I just didn't want to risk it.

It has a radio and cassette player - the cassette player is temperamental, but it has an adapter in the cassette so you can plug a phone or MP3 player in.

Oh, and this might be important to some people - there is no cigarette lighter socket to charge phones etc.

The bodywork is by no means immaculate, as you would expect for an old car, there are no significant dents, but there are multiple scratches and scuffs, as this is a working car..... The lock on the passenger side is broken, so although it can be opened and locked / unlocked from inside, the key will not work in the lock. I have 2 keys for it.

I am pointing all of this out as I am a very genuine seller. I am not hiding anything and don't want anyone to have a wasted journey.

Asking £700, but am open to sensible offers. I would be very sad to scrap it as I love it and think it has a lot of life left in it. It wants a good home!

Please no timewasters. I won't waste your time either, I have described everything as accurately as I can. Ideally I would like to sell it fairly soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20230411_125517270.jpg
    IMG_20230411_125517270.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 81
91070 miles (this will change slightly as I am still driving it most days, but do a low mileage)
MOT until 19/11/23
(advisories at last test: both front indicator bulbs 'fading' - not noticeable to me!; Offside rear inner wheel arch corroded, both rear inner wheel arches surface corrosion)

The car drives perfectly, and I have been driving it since 2004 (with only 1 previous owner from new), it has been extremely reliable.

I am reluctantly selling it due to the London ULEZ expansion, it is not compliant with this, but would make a great car for someone outside the zone. Obviously no guarantees, but I was expecting to continue driving it for many more years.

There is early service history, but nothing recent as all the servicing since I got it has been carried out by my father. It has been well looked after, using top quality oil, regular oil and filter changes, regular fuel treatments.

I have still been putting E5 petrol in as I believe it is better for the engine, and I get better mpg using this. It is technically not compatible with E10 petrol, although there are several threads on here from other drivers of these cars who use it without any issues, I just didn't want to risk it.

It has a radio and cassette player - the cassette player is temperamental, but it has an adapter in the cassette so you can plug a phone or MP3 player in.

Oh, and this might be important to some people - there is no cigarette lighter socket to charge phones etc.

The bodywork is by no means immaculate, as you would expect for an old car, there are no significant dents, but there are multiple scratches and scuffs, as this is a working car..... The lock on the passenger side is broken, so although it can be opened and locked / unlocked from inside, the key will not work in the lock. I have 2 keys for it.

I am pointing all of this out as I am a very genuine seller. I am not hiding anything and don't want anyone to have a wasted journey.

Asking £700, but am open to sensible offers. I would be very sad to scrap it as I love it and think it has a lot of life left in it. It wants a good home!

Please no timewasters. I won't waste your time either, I have described everything as accurately as I can. Ideally I would like to sell it fairly soon.
You should try upload more images, engine bay, Inside car, Boot and a bit more of the exterior you might get more interest that way.
people sometimes like to see what their getting for their dosh.
K11 one of the best Nissan Micra's.
I know if I could find one local with no rot in it around 60 or 70,000 miles for the right price I might be interested..
London too far out for me anyway good luck I'm sure your gonna sell that pretty quick.

You should try upload more images, engine bay, Inside car, Boot and a bit more of the exterior you might get more interest that way.
people sometimes like to see what their getting for their dosh.
K11 one of the best Nissan Micra's.
I know if I could find one local with no rot in it around 60 or 70,000 miles for the right price I might be interested..
London too far out for me anyway good luck I'm sure your gonna sell that pretty quick.
Thanks. I've put it on gumtree with a lot more photos, and have been amazed by the number of replies so far, I still need it until next week, hadn't expected such quick responses .... Here's the link if anyone is interested https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/nissan-micra-13-1999-manual-petrol-5-door/1455833472

Thanks. I've put it on gumtree with a lot more photos, and have been amazed by the number of replies so far, I still need it until next week, hadn't expected such quick responses .... Here's the link if anyone is interested https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/nissan-micra-13-1999-manual-petrol-5-door/1455833472

Asking price is too low & brings out the timewasting opportunistic humpty dumpty chancers with low offers looking to sell it on for a quick profit at your expense.

You only need one genuine cash buyer who really wants it.

Add needs revising as it looks like its worth £1450 to me or more & you will avoid being overwhelmed by too many timewasting applicants.

I eliminate most of them with an applicant interview on the phone making sure they have the ready cash with them & why do they want the vehicle & where are they coming from?

You don’t want to be giving out your name, address & contact details to every Tom, **** & Harry unnecessarily.

Gumtree is ok but a bit old hat now compared to Facebook Cars Market Place. :)

Good luck

Last edited:
Asking price is too low & brings out the timewasting opportunistic humpty dumpty chancers with low offers looking to sell it on for a quick profit at your expense.

You only need one genuine cash buyer who really wants it.

Add needs revising as it looks like its worth £1450 to me or more & you will avoid being overwhelmed by too many timewasting applicants.

I eliminate most of them with an applicant interview on the phone making sure they have the ready cash with them & why do they want the vehicle & where are they coming from?

You don’t want to be giving out your name, address & contact details to every Tom, **** & Harry unnecessarily.

Gumtree is ok but a bit old hat now compared to Facebook Cars Market Place. :)

Good luck
Thanks very much for the advice, I've looked at a few others similar age and mileage, so thought that price was about right, it is a very basic model (which is why I like it, less to go wrong, no electric windows etc!). Anyway I've put off a few timewasters with silly offers. Someone is looking tomorrow so I won't change the price yet, but might reconsider if he doesn't take it. I don't do Facebook. Thanks for the detailed advice though, much appreciated.

Thanks very much for the advice, I've looked at a few others similar age and mileage, so thought that price was about right, it is a very basic model (which is why I like it, less to go wrong, no electric windows etc!). Anyway I've put off a few timewasters with silly offers. Someone is looking tomorrow so I won't change the price yet, but might reconsider if he doesn't take it. I don't do Facebook. Thanks for the detailed advice though, much appreciated.

The basic K11 models are well sought after by the informed thinking motorists who seek long term cheap as chips banger economics runabout motors that just keep going & passing MOTs with minimal overall costs outside the ULEZ zone.

As you state the added electronic complications of ABS, electric power steering, windows, remote locking, & sunroofs etc are not required in a runabout motor and are avoided by the informed.

Good luck. :)

Not sure if you managed to sell it yet but, no they do not hang about long, excellent for someone just passed test or want a first time car, or what I would use it for is just something to run about in and with seats down its got a large boot space, amazed what I got inside the one I had.
I purchased mine for a bargain around 300.00 In 2017 68,000 on the clock, badly dented on the side rear got it panel beated re-sprayed.
Trouble was it did have a bit of rot in the usual places but the car lasted me about five years of pain free motoring and then I sold it on to someone to use in Banger racing..
Those K11 Micra's are nippy brilliant motors I love them and if i could get hold one now with no real bad rot in it and it was close by I would buy it.
I'm not suprised you have had a lot of interest.

Thanks for the advice everyone. My k11 Micra was sold today to the first person to look at him, who was happy to pay the asking price. Only time will tell if my new ( well, 2012 but ulez compliant) k13 will prove to be as reliable as the fantastic k11 was. Such a pity to part with it.

Thanks for the advice everyone. My k11 Micra was sold today to the first person to look at him, who was happy to pay the asking price. Only time will tell if my new ( well, 2012 but ulez compliant) k13 will prove to be as reliable as the fantastic k11 was. Such a pity to part with it.

Jolly well done!

Nothing beats a quick cash sale double quick at full asking price sold & gone with minimal hassle!

These things just fly off the shelf when for sale due to proven long term durability, & reliability while they just keep going & passing MOTs with minimal overall costs or repairs.

Enjoy the K13.

K11 was the best car Nissan ever built.. Have no idea what went wrong with the K12.. But mine has been a pig..
Not sure about the K13 but looks a nice car and pretty sure there are posts on here for that model.
Yes those K11's do not hang about, I'd love to get another one but nothing close by other than a few of them which have a little too much corrosion for my liking.

I very much doubt my K13 will be anywhere near as good as the k11 I was forced to sell (thanks to Sadiq Khan). I drove it for 20 years, it only ever broke down once, and even that was a very cheap repair, and passed all its MOTs with only very occasional minor work needed. The k13 has a lot to live up to.........The only thing I prefer about the K13 is that I have a proper stereo, not a cassette player!! Hopefully once you've fixed all the faults on your k12 things will get better.....

OMG big mistake buying this sack of you know what, the bloody thing has been a nightmare.. And now the dreaded Misfire.
Anyway it will be sorted hopefully the end of this week, either that or I'll remove all the parts and scrap it.
I really hate generally how most cars have gone today everything now is a sensor so anyone out there who is not mechanically minded or does not have the tools or know how are stuffed.. Yeah there is YouTube In some cases thank God for that for those who have no clue.
I was in the garage trade mainly Automatic Transmissions.
Don't get me wrong the Nissan K12 good car from new, but buy a second hand one could be a disaster, Personally I think the car is a bag of Sh**.

Not sure what the K13 is like I have zero experience with that model but given what the K12 was like it might be worse, it might be better?
These emissions with Sadik Khan It won't be long before his idea gets rolled out to the rest of the country and a lot of the older cars like the K11 will find themselves in the scrap yard and don't even get me started on the electric cars OMG!
I'll end up with an electric bike and forget about the car altogether its gonna be £££££££££££'s and that's exactly where they want us all to go (Get On Yer Bike)
Nissan K11 although looked like a small hippo and to some a grand-dad's car ugly, the K12 was even more ugly especially with those stupid huge headlights that look like a pair of Grandmas old slippers.. and a huge bag of sensors!!!!!!
But after all that the Nissan K11 was the best car ever from them WTF went wrong with the Nissan K12 probably big mistake having the French involved no offense to French people but I am not a great fan of French cars.
So today people do not be without a OBDII tester, do not even try to guess should you get some odd problem!
Anyway good luck with the K13 :)

OMG big mistake buying this sack of you know what, the bloody thing has been a nightmare.. And now the dreaded Misfire.
Anyway it will be sorted hopefully the end of this week, either that or I'll remove all the parts and scrap it.
I really hate generally how most cars have gone today everything now is a sensor so anyone out there who is not mechanically minded or does not have the tools or know how are stuffed.. Yeah there is YouTube In some cases thank God for that for those who have no clue.
Don't get me wrong the Nissan K12 good car from new, but buy a second hand one could be a disaster, Personally I think the car is a bag of Sh**.

Not sure what the K13 is like I have zero experience with that model but given what the K12 was like it might be worse, it might be better?
These emissions with Sadik Khan It won't be long before his idea gets rolled out to the rest of the country and a lot of the older cars like the K11 will find themselves in the scrap yard and don't even get me started on the electric cars OMG!
I'll end up with an electric bike and forget about the car altogether its gonna be £££££££££££'s and that's exactly where they want us all to go (Get On Yer Bike)
Nissan K11 although looked like a small hippo and to some a grand-dad's car ugly, the K12 was even more ugly especially with those stupid huge headlights that look like a pair of Grandmas old slippers.. and a huge bag of sensors!!!!!!
But after all that the Nissan K11 was the best car ever from them WTF went wrong with the Nissan K12 probably big mistake having the French involved no offense to French people but I am not a great fan of French cars.
So today people do not be without a OBDII tester, do not even try to guess should you get some odd problem!
Oh dear, sounds like the k12s a nightmare for you, hopefully Nissan learnt from their mistakes with the k12 and improved the k13

Oh dear, seems like the k12 is a nightmare for you. I hope nissan learnt from their mistakes and improved the k13.... I can see you were in need of a rant!! Hope you get it sorted

Oh dear, sounds like the k12s a nightmare for you, hopefully Nissan learnt from their mistakes with the k12 and improved the k13

Oh dear, seems like the k12 is a nightmare for you. I hope nissan learnt from their mistakes and improved the k13.... I can see you were in need of a rant!! Hope you get it sorted
Decided to get rid of car and buy something different. :)

I did get rid of it after but it did have 160,000 on it..
The body work looked excellent because it had been sprayed a few times.
Looking tired something was up with the ECM and then a small fire underneath..
Nah time to get rid so decided to scrap it I just didn't want any come backs..
and really never had the time to advertise Spares or Repair...
I purchased a beautiful Micra K11 owned by an 85 year old lady
18 years of history immaculate no rot 70,000 on the clock..

Brilliant little workhorses so this is my third and last K11.
Starting to get rare round these parts now.

Back