• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

porks k10

Took HOURS!!! To do this but worth the result,

Cheap Superlites were cheap for a reason, all the laqer was blistered, so covered up the centres and used nitromors to get the laqer off
image-25.jpg

Come off nice and easy but lip was well dull
image-26.jpg

£16 3 stage polishing kit from halfords, and a lot of time later.....
image-29.jpg

Bling...

image-27.jpg

image-28.jpg

Well happy, loads more shine than originals, for a 1/4 of the price

Still needs rubbing down and painting but looks better, Iv got some numberplate light bolts coming too

image-30.jpg
image-31.jpg
image-32.jpg

nice work what are you using for number plate lights? iam planning a clean up of the shell, shave some unwanted bits and lose some weight in the process.

there is a guy down my way breaking a preface lift if you needed any front end bits, he is on ebay

I'm gunna get some of those number plate bolts that have built in lights

Yes! I want a grill, you got a link?

I'm gunna get some of those number plate bolts that have built in lights

Yes! I want a grill, you got a link?

They are 13 x 7, got them of eBay for £78 (Y)
Stick out quite a bit to be fair, got some arches on order to try out, the front is ok due to some negative camber, need to do same to back really, then it'll be mega badass lol

Cheers fo comments!

Got these today

Opinions and suggestion on fitment plz

(Y) personally. i would cut the cars arches and bend them outwards (for the plastic arches to sit onto) then trim the inside of the plastic ones so that the tyrepoke is juuuuust legal :)

5c0cddb1-d513-94bc.jpg
I see you took quite a bit of inspiration from my car ;)it's not bad polishing kit that, but the halfrauds kit is a copy of the polishing shop kit you get for a tenner if you want a better finish there is a £15 one that gives you a mirror finish! I'm sure I gave you the link to the site
I riveted my arches on, shame you didn't go for the big ass ones like mine though :)

Yeah that kit does the job well(Y)

Style 2 arches where to wide, style 1 is perfect width for the superlites:grinning:

Jun flares look mint on your car mate. Id fit wheel spacers to get desired fitment personally. Cutting back the arches to get right fitment can be a pita unless your a uber surgeon like frank :D

Cheers dude, Im not Gunna trim the bolt on arch, need to trim the metal arch as to get the ride height I want, the metal arch sits on the wheel :( need to trim about an inch to inch and a half from each arch, the front will be simple as it's one piece of metal, but the amount I need off the rear will cut into the inner arch leaving a big gap in the side, which is a pain coz I don't have a welder.
So atm I'm driving it at a crap height :(

HAD a go at the rear arches today, took bout 1 1/2 inches off, so no mire scuffing and the wheels turn round at the height I want, which is a bonus ;)
0F0EA869-orig.jpg

31AB6754-orig.jpg

0BD809F4-orig.jpg

36F5315B-orig.jpg

1EA56D5E-orig.jpg

B088A128-orig.jpg

1ADA6CAE-orig.jpg

hell yeah!! loving that mate, im not running mini arches or anything, just gunna pull the hell out of the arches!!
are you using wobble bolts on the mini wheels?

ive yet to lower mine, and have the bodywork seen too, but its gunna be another one like yours! :D

NIce one mate, gettin to a point now where the outside is almost done, could do with a respray, not sure if to change the colour to something more mental, then Spose I better sort an engine out!

yeah slower than id like tho lol i thought once i get started id have it done in 2 days but i dont have much time down the garage unless i wana walk back with 2 tool boxes :laugh: i will have it done soon tho (Y)

HAHA I like my gta no. Plate too much :)

Have considered rattle can the whole car? Or using a roller? Shame your not in devon cose spraying is fine if you got the kit!

HAHA I like my gta no. Plate too much :)

Have considered rattle can the whole car? Or using a roller? Shame your not in devon cose spraying is fine if you got the kit!

You would think that working for a company that maintains and sells air compressors, it would be easy to get the kit, but nothing stays in the shop long enough to get free usage :(

Had to cut another inch out the back arch as it still scrubbed the tyres, I cut an inch from the outer arch then folded inner arch over it, then hammeredr the crap out off it. This will have to do till i find a welder

9E33A343-orig.jpg

0441F3A9-orig.jpg

Back