• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

porks k10

just watch the outer arch and inner arch dont flop about and seperate if you have cut them apart lol or just get someone to blob some weld on for you mate. nice job tho (Y)

Haha, it's all good, made sure they ok for now, but yeah does need welding properly

Cars offthe road for a while now tho as it needs tax mot and insurance!!!
So gives me a chance to tinker about with a few things

Got free use off work van and free diesel too though !!! :)

Now sold, hope new owner has as much fun as I did.

Great car to learn new things with, loads of knowledge taken away with me for next build

Il be back one day!

HAD a go at the rear arches today, took bout 1 1/2 inches off, so no mire scuffing and the wheels turn round at the height I want, which is a bonus ;)
0F0EA869-orig.jpg

31AB6754-orig.jpg

0BD809F4-orig.jpg

36F5315B-orig.jpg

1EA56D5E-orig.jpg

B088A128-orig.jpg

1ADA6CAE-orig.jpg

Hi mate, sorry just wondering what arches and sizes you got? As i've got myself some minilites and they still out abit to much! Hope to hear back soon. Simon

did you need much work done to them? like bending or anything?

Beings I wanted to go as low as possible, I had to cut a couple of inches off the metal arch, the way I did was cut more from the outer arch, then folded the inner arch over it and pinched it all together.
There's a few pics earlier on in the blog.

Jus make sure you when you get the bolt on arch, spend time getting the correct 'line' on the body, to high and u will have to cut loads more arch off, to low, it will just look wrong.

Hope this helps.

I sort of regret never trying to pull/roll the original arches out, with the coil overs on the front, I had a couple degrees off negative camber, and could defiantly rolled the arch to make it fit

Rears a bit difficult to get the same camber (machi San managed it, bit to technical for me tho)

Depends what you want really, I only got the arches because I couldn't do It how I wanted too, but the result still looked cool

Beings I wanted to go as low as possible, I had to cut a couple of inches off the metal arch, the way I did was cut more from the outer arch, then folded the inner arch over it and pinched it all together.
There's a few pics earlier on in the blog.

Jus make sure you when you get the bolt on arch, spend time getting the correct 'line' on the body, to high and u will have to cut loads more arch off, to low, it will just look wrong.

Hope this helps.

I sort of regret never trying to pull/roll the original arches out, with the coil overs on the front, I had a couple degrees off negative camber, and could defiantly rolled the arch to make it fit

Rears a bit difficult to get the same camber (machi San managed it, bit to technical for me tho)

Depends what you want really, I only got the arches because I couldn't do It how I wanted too, but the result still looked cool

Yeah i dont really want to add the bolt on arches but the tread is sticking out over an inch and i can pull the arches out that much sadly, i've been to loads of places to ask if someone could do it for me, as i havent really done anything like this before and don't want to make a mess of the car, so i thought bolt on arches was my only option that i can find at the time, or otherwise i would love to bend out the arches on the body to fit.

Also about the camber, i mean you upgrade the struts did you not ?? because i've still got the original ones on there and was told if i added camber to the wheels i would break something, no idea how true this was, but i dont have much money to do all the things i want just yet, so running on a low budget at the moment.

Thanks for your help though :D

I used polo 6n coillovers, and slotted the top hole inwards a d welded on a washer for a bit of strength :)

This is my new k10, paid £400 for her with 37000 on the clock.

grille still of as the paint i used came out like magnolia?

jus ordered new shocks and springs, undecided on what alloys to go for, big and badass, or some nice deep dish wheels, wanted superlites but it jus aint gunna happen is it:p

il keep u updated as it goes!:blues:

Hey pork, want to do the same to my grill but not really sure how to go about it, did you fiber glass though sections in or just filler??

image-15.jpg

Got these in post today:grinning:

Also, had big dent on the boot by the number plate lights so bashed it out, Iv tried spraying it White before with rattle cans but it kus doesn't match. Iv seen someone paint this matt black before so I gave it a go, not to sure on the result. :( opinions please
image-16.jpg

Painted up bumpers to

image-17.jpg

Do you remember what boss kit you used and how much?? I've been looking into it and its a bomb!!! Also is it quick release??

Sorry to be commenting on old posts

Boss was off eBay, jus searched k10 micra boss, £20

Grill was jus bits off the old grill cut up and stuck with filler
:)

Cheers mate, I've been looking at boss kits and they all seems to be around the cost of £100 or more for like everything.

Ah cheers wasn't sure if there was any other stuff you used on the grill, held up good then??

:)

Sorry another question, did that not extend how much the steering wheel pokes out?? Because I was thinking of getting a 3" deep dished steering wheel and I don't want it that close to me :p

Back