• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

porks k10

pork

Club Member
This is my new k10, paid £400 for her with 37000 on the clock.

grille still of as the paint i used came out like magnolia?

jus ordered new shocks and springs, undecided on what alloys to go for, big and badass, or some nice deep dish wheels, wanted superlites but it jus aint gunna happen is it:p

il keep u updated as it goes!:blues:

Attachments

• DSC00072.JPG
    DSC00072.JPG
    918.8 KB · Views: 645
  • DSC00073.JPG
    DSC00073.JPG
    924.9 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC00055.JPG
    DSC00055.JPG
    729.4 KB · Views: 498
  • DSC00056.JPG
    DSC00056.JPG
    748.5 KB · Views: 485
  • DSC00058.JPG
    DSC00058.JPG
    844 KB · Views: 507
  • DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    994.8 KB · Views: 551
  • DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00070.JPG
    875.7 KB · Views: 508
  • DSC00071.JPG
    DSC00071.JPG
    682.4 KB · Views: 526
if i were you i'd get some 14" steelies from another nissan and whack those on. i saw a super turbo with white 14" steelies once looked ace! if only i could find the picture!

Comedy.

Didn't use a dark primer did you?

(Y).

haha, not that silly.

not sure wot happened, sprayed it in my dads wrkshop, not the cleanest of places realy, probly loadsa #### in the air and settled on my grill, or somthin like that fwn:wasntme:

finished sprayin, no more magnolia(Y) bit wonky tho from previous owner , sort that out later

Attachments

• DSC00078.JPG
    DSC00078.JPG
    666 KB · Views: 959
havnt updated this in years!!!
had to sell the car 2 years ago to my secretary at work, got £400 back for it. the exhaust broke on it so she took it to kwik fit who gave the little old lady a quote of £430 to repair it!!! so she got herself a new car and was gunna sell the micra to the scrapyard, so i took it of her for £100 :grinning:

so now that iv got it back im gunna start on the things that i was gunna do in the first place. first was new exhaust which came to £130 fitted at local garage (kwik fit you THIEVING #####)

this car is driven daily so decided to do the mods to the shocks to save the car from being off the road, plus it worked out a much cheaper way of doing it.

i have NO mechanical experience so everything iv done was due to looking on this site and is easily achieved for very little money too and very few tools, majority of the work involed a couple off spanners, my dremmel multi drill and a can of wd40, and by myself!

so.....after looking into it a bit on this site i got some polo 6n coilovers from ebay for £169.

FRONTS:

IMG_0441.jpg

drilled out new hole for the top bolt

IMG_0443.jpg

bloke across the road welded on washers for free to strengthen up new hole

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

this needed stickin on a lathe to fit into top mount

IMG_0446.jpg

drilled this out to 14mm#

IMG_0448.jpg

assembled

IMG_0449.jpg

fitted to car

IMG_0450.jpg

REARS:

hacksaw off old bush, the original is to big, and the strut itself hits the axle so a new one has to be welded in a different place

IMG_0457.jpg

purchased universal hotrod suspension bush kit from superflex. this is the kit originally for the triumph spitfire £34 delivered.
kit contains sleeves, bushes and crush tubes

IMG_0456.jpg

even tho this is the smallest bush and sleeve i could find, it still needs to be trimmed down to fit the axle mount

IMG_0455.jpg

payed a proffesional welder to weld on new sleeves. £20

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

fitted bushes

IMG_0462.jpg

fitted to car

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

i have at least 3-4 more inches i can drop the car down by, i done it earlier to see how it would look and it was stupid low!!! the arches were sitting on the wheels, forgot to take picture though!!! but we live in england, the land of massive speed humps and even bigger potholes so this is how shes sitting at the momentv while i decide about what im going to do with the wheels......banded steelies i think:grinning:

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

its mega solid, the only give is in the tyres, havnt had a chance to have a proper thrash around yet, gunna wait till iv got my cbr600 carbs fitted........oh yeah, then tax and insure it....doh!

Looking good mate, fitting CBR carbs will definitely give you a bit more oomph (Y). Makes me want to convert mine, and try go about fitting coilies somehow :grinning:. New wheels next? *cough* black banded steelies *cough* :wasntme:

Looking forward to another update soon :grinning:

I hope so :grinning:. There's a nice looking K10 tooling around in my town at the moment - don't think he's local though, proper JDM/Touge look. White, slammed to the floor, black banded steelies, tinted windows, black bonnet, black tailgate spoiler and duck bill spoiler, tinted lights all round, black/white interior, black bolt on arches, fender mirrors, colour coded bumpers, open mouth grill, straight through exhaust, Webers, Jap plates. Got to be one of the nicest K10s I've seen, I'll try get a photo for inspiration (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very nice :D:D pleaseeeeeeeee dont change it too much though hehehe sorry i just love the k10's esp in white lol :wasntme:

I'm only down the road from milk and beans. I live in Luton.
I like the idea of the bolt on arches, but wanna see some pics with the arches filled with wheels

Speaking of Milk and Beans, I'm trying to organise a meet around the Buckinghamshire/Northamptonshire area for the last weekend in August, would you be interested at all? Haven't decided a location yet, though

I haven't been to one organised on here yet (missed out on the Brighton meet due to lack of funds :glare:), but I'm hopefully going to one next week (as long as we get enough names). And the one which I'm organising, depending on the numbers (Y). I've been to the odd meet locally though, but it's always been a mixture of cars, never one type

Every little helps, eh? Just love that drop, nearly scraping :grinning:. Definitely in need of some black banded steelies, completely stripped out, bucket seats, roll cage :grinning:

lookin good pork (Y) and you did a grand job of those coiley,s :grinning:

cheers, wasnt as hard as i thought it would be. managed to take front springs off jus fine with no compressors too, no injurys lol thanks to everyone who gave me advice

handles like a little go kart(Y) jus need to sort wheels out

That's the one thing you get with lowering a car - if they're quite high as standard (and all Micras are like tractors on stock suspension), it no longer feels like the car's going to fall over in the corners :laugh:

Every little helps, eh? Just love that drop, nearly scraping :grinning:. Definitely in need of some black banded steelies, completely stripped out, bucket seats, roll cage :grinning:

gunna be intersting parking it later down my drive as it allready scraped a little yesterday:eek:

gunna be intersting parking it later down my drive as it allready scraped a little yesterday:eek:

I can't go any lower either - if I did, I'd never get off the drive. There's a line between my drive, and the pavement before you get into the road. So the drive sort of goes ___/\_, and then slopes down. I did a test the other day, my splitter is 5mm off the ground when I get to the bump and the bottom of the slope. And I was planning on losing another 25mm :glare:

Well, it's not a bad shout :laugh:. I'm going to try get the driveway re-paved so it's less severe, I want to lose another coil. Sorry, I mean I wish to change the stance of my car :grinning:

nice work mate looks a minter (Y) i just chopped my springs temporary and the roads round here are rough. i cant even drive round the corner from my house without a bang or scrape lol. i really need to sort some coilies to stop it dipping so much.

Just found a link for what you need mate - banded steelies, arch rolling/flaring :grinning:

http://www.bandedsteels.com/

I think you have to provide them with 2 full sets to cut and weld up though, I'm not 100% sure. Either way, I'm sure they wouldn't set you back much, and would look sweet (Y)

banded-steels quoted me £360 without supplying wheels. i dint think that was to bad but someone on here or retro rides does them cheaper however you have to supply 2 sets of wheels i think. im defo going to get some but i think i will go with banded-steels and get a different design of wheel.

Banded-steels are pretty much one of the better companies out there. I'm going with them to get my arches rolled and flared, and my arches re-trimmed (I'm losing another coil on each corner soon). They quoted me £200, because a mate of mine knows one of the guys that works there, and he managed to get me a bit of discount :grinning:

Got bike carbs today. Thanks superls!!!

image-1.jpg

Also started taking of the stickers and bump strips

image-3.jpg

This stuff is quite good at removing the glue

image-2.jpg

image-4.jpg

Not a bad result, Defo a better look

Looks much better without the bumper strips (Y). And the carbs look quite tasty, makes me want to convert mine now :laugh:. Money money money :down:

Gotta fit them yet. Havnt a clue, bit there's a place in mk, jps performance that said they could do it for me

There is? First I've heard of them, and I live here :laugh:. Might be the place my mates keep banging on about. One of them got ripped by a Japanese bloke for having "snow tyres" on his stock Starlet. 145/55? That's like having 4 skinny spares :laugh:. I'll have to look them up (Y)

Yeah, I just looked it up. It's in Bletchley, I've been passed it a few times, but never gave it much notice. I probably should have done :blush:

I service compressors at various places on that estate, always see mental cars with ridiculous turbos outside it.

Hmm, I might have to go have a gander soon :grinning:. See what they make of my bright green non-turbo Micra :laugh: