• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359821180.678881.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359821193.179348.jpg

They should fit nice once lowered

Also, I hooked up rev counter for quick look, it loses power at 4-5 k, tgem feels like its coughing lol.
I've tried going from 1.3 to 1.6 jetts, even bigger maybe?

Also, I hooked up rev counter for quick look, it loses power at 4-5 k, tgem feels like its coughing lol.
I've tried going from 1.3 to 1.6 jetts, even bigger maybe?
Sweet, I had a right ball ache trying to fit a tacho :( Take it yours is ok. Dont people use 1.6's on non boosted bike carb conversions? It may be enough for n/a but not boosted. How easy are jets to get? Easy enough to get another set if you drill them out and fook em up?

I've got 2 sets, one lot drilled to 1.6, another I've done to 2.

I'm running without turbo, for now

Without a AFR gauge you can't be sure it's leaning out. I'd say it's probably to rich with 1.6 main jets running N/a. I've got 1.35 in my 1330 and their pretty much spot on.

Won't make any difference unless the bowls are overflowing (but you would see fuel coming out of the overflows), with carbs the fuel is dragged out of the float bowls via the jets.

The floats regulate how much fuel is in the bowls, when full they shut of the supply and as it drops they open up to allow fuel in. The only real difference fuel presure makes is how quick the bowls fill up.

Won't make any difference unless the bowls are overflowing (but you would see fuel coming out of the overflows), with carbs the fuel is dragged out of the float bowls via the jets.

The floats regulate how much fuel is in the bowls, when full they shut of the supply and as it drops they open up to allow fuel in. The only real difference fuel presure makes is how quick the bowls fill up.

Ok thanks, need that sensor!!

Jus been goin they some bike forums with same problems as me, valve clearances could be a problem,

I ave been having trouble with ignition, cylinders not firing unless lead was jus hovering above plugs (very strange) got better with overnight charged battery, would a failing battery give a 'weak' spark at WOT?

Jus been goin they some bike forums with same problems as me, valve clearances could be a problem,

I ave been having trouble with ignition, cylinders not firing unless lead was jus hovering above plugs (very strange) got better with overnight charged battery, would a failing battery give a 'weak' spark at WOT?
Didn't valve clearances come up a while back neil?? ;)

is yours points ignition neil or electronic ? because dwell can effect the strength of spark eh

I've ordered new rotor arm, dizzy cap, maybe should order new coil too

So would a weak spark be causing these issues?

Hmmm, do motor factor places stock these? Or is a order in of eBay affair?

Embarrassing as it sounds, how would I know what ignition type I have? Points or electrical ignition? (Really need a basic mechanics course!)

Embarrassing as it sounds, how would I know what ignition type I have? Points or electrical ignition? (Really need a basic mechanics course!)
Take your dizzy cap off, take a photo of inside dizzy n put in on here :)

the electronic dizzy has 2 or 3 wires iirc neil (and the points one 1 wire ?)

Looking in haynes it looks like points dizzy cap is held on with clips whereas electronic ign cap screws on, dont know if thats across the board though.

Back