• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

sounds like the exact same problem i had although your running bike carbs and i was running the standard carb. my intake boost pipe was completetly sealed and there was no boost what so ever. i know my fueling was probably a big factor but there should of been at least a bit of boost there but nothing lol. all i got was a lot of woosh tish.... but no power. have you checked a few of the bike forums neil? ive seen loads of boosted bikes running carbs but im fairly sure they seal the carbs in a box.

Hi mate, yeah been on couple of forums. Got a few things to check, need afm really!!
Need to rig up fuel pressure gauge inside car to check if its rising at all, may try referencing FPR from pitot tube as that's directly attached to incoming boost. Different jets......list goes on lol
With the plenum and various vents on carbs attached to plenum, it's essentially 'boxed', every part off the carbs is going to see boost. If there is any :(
Just wondering if turbo is to big, and car runs out of puff before it gets chance to spool up, or turbos fooked, was £20 of eBay after all lol.

Misses is of shopping at weekend so I have a day to trial things out. At the mo I get an hour or so till its dark to work on car

before driving it again get hold of some measuring gear to look at the afr, i recommend one of thiose innovate wideband kits, look on ebay. and then you can see whats happening with the mixture and help diagnose whats going wrong.

then good luck with jetting haha, if you had stopped simple and used the standard carb in a draw through configuration you wouldnt need to do any jetting lol

I just had a thought, if the waste gate actuator is to tight on the wastegate,would it open up too early?

How tight should the actuator be on the wastegate?

you only need about 2 turns of preload neil, the spring governs the boost pressure, and the preload just governs how it jerks open eh :)

you only need about 2 turns of preload neil, the spring governs the boost pressure, and the preload just governs how it jerks open eh :)

Haha, you've lost me mate, never played with actuator before.
I thought you jus plumbed it to turbo and that was it, no over adjustment
So how would I set it up?

What I was leaning towards was the fact that I made new bracket for actuator, and if I made it to tight against the wastegate, it would be pulling the actuator, decreasing the amount of pressure needed to open it

i set the thread so that the w/g is only just shut mate (if your downpipe is removed you can check if the puck can spin or is held shut) then just give the thread 2 more turns to preload it tightly shut.
if you set too little preload it will creep open too early

Picked these up today from dougyledds,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359649412.937286.jpg

Fit them tomorrow to see how they look, then decide on what to do about colour, suggestions anyone, cars dark blue sort of colour.

Then play about with actuator tension.
Jus had quick look, and there's a lot of tension on the wastegate, I presume with the clip off I should be able to easily take of the actuator rod, as it is now, I have to pull the rod to slip it of the wastegate. We shall see

Carbs leaning out at too end, even without turbo :(
Got spare jets drilled out to 1.6, try again tomorrow.

Christmas is a long way off, you got a birthday coming up soon? Or, how much does your lass love you, enough to buy you a wideband kit for valentines day? Thats not far off ;)

Also, why would my spark plug only fire with the lead jus hovering over the plug, not actually plugged on plug?

Thanks! :)

They are new leads and plugs, twice! Lol. Sometimes on cylinder 1, now it's stated on 2nd cylinder too?
What ht leads are they neil? Apparently genuine nissan ht leads are best, pattern parts not so good :oops: My replacement ht leads are probably 12 months old and are prone to giving me a belt if I'm not careful, so it looks like insulation is breaking down already. Not genuine parts btw :(

What ht leads are they neil? Apparently genuine nissan ht leads are best, pattern parts not so good :oops: My replacement ht leads are probably 12 months old and are prone to giving me a belt if I'm not careful, so it looks like insulation is breaking down already. Not genuine parts btw :(

They're not genuine parts, jus from motor factors,
Jus weird that it will only ignite when it's not even plugged on properly :s

Oh yeah, would the little capacitor on the alternator that I broke the other day have something to do with this problem?

You got ignition issues sorted now then mate?

Yeah, gave battery a mega charge, fiddled and cleans wires and points. Now all four work lovely.

Gunma hook up tacho later, see what revs it leans out on,( if that's what's happening)

C'mon car, stop fighting me!

Haha :)

Well this car is sane age as me now,

Jus taking a break from engine as my neighbours are furious!! How selfish of them ;)

So prepping wheels for paint

Haha :)

Well this car is sane age as me now,

Jus taking a break from engine as my neighbours are furious!! How selfish of them ;)

So prepping wheels for paint
Tell them they should be giving you a hand! What colour you going for on rims? Think silver, white or gold would look cool with your car colour :)

Back