• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Not sure if you know procedure so........
IMAG0239_zpsfd7f9591.jpg

af4c1d8f-9d6d-4d62-8199-f795e78340c3_zps7785d9db.jpg

a8ff6402-2e7e-4211-9852-cdb0ebeeae1e_zps11090818.jpg

New dizzy cap and rotor arm have cured the ignition problem! :)

Took it for a spin after thoroughly cleaning carbs, it now starts with out me having to blow into breather pipes, idles loads better, but still dies at top of rev range :(

Gunna try buy O2 sensor this week.

New problems tho, after taking car for drive I looked under bonnet to find this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359994626.805250.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359994635.888928.jpg

So my £20 turbo is no good, even after rebuild kit I fitted, coupling that with the massive crack in exhaust housing, and chunks from turbine missing, I'm gunna have to replace it :(

Now what turbo should I go for? I'm willing to spend more than £20 this time ;)

I think current one is to big for my littke 1.0l, so open to any suggestions

Carbs sound awesome tho from the driving I have done in it

Nice one for sorting ignition issues :) but gutted turbo isn't doing it for you, looks like a fair bit of oil :( Hopefully frank will be along in a minute with some advice on tubby ;)

Suppose really you could do with a turbo from a fig or st. Right sort of engine and size, bet finding one could be a little problematic :(

Just in carbs at the mo, but turbo is still going round through intercooler. Jus bit plumbed into carbs as they not running right still :(

If your just running the carbs maby because you not running any intake trumpets is why your loosing out a bit on the top end?

From what i can gather without any evidence lol, is it running to rich, plugs are black too.

I bet the jetting would be right if the turbo actually made any boost at 4-5k but it doesn't,

:)
that oil in the chargepipe is probably down to the scavenge pump settings neil, and the most common turbo,s around here are the garrett 1549 type 2.0 diesel ones, fitted to many citroen/peugeot/rover/vw etc (a later version and similar size to the T2 and the smaller TD04,s)

:)
that oil in the chargepipe is probably down to the scavenge pump settings neil, and the most common turbo,s around here are the garrett 1549 type 2.0 diesel ones, fitted to many citroen/peugeot/rover/vw etc (a later version and similar size to the T2 and the smaller TD04,s)

Thanks.

The pump is on full speed, so would of thought it should be coping, there's oil coming from the compressor side to, made a right mess off everything !
This turbo should spool up by 4-5 k right?

i would run it with a gravity drain into a pot mate, then see if it still leaks out the compressor, and even my TD05 spools up by then :) (is yours a t25 mate ?)

It's from a ca18det engine. When I got kit the bloke who identified it said it was a t2

Do you think a turbo same size, but in a LOT better condition, should spool up by then?

It's from a ca18det engine. When I got kit the bloke who identified it said it was a t2

Do you think a turbo same size, but in a LOT better condition, should spool up by then?
It probably is more down to condition than size, especially at those revs. You checked for mani leaks etc?

it should,nt make much difference really mate, a T2 should be boosting at 2 to 3k.
the oil flow is critical tho, if you let the oil well up inside the turbo it will leak out the inlet and exhaust sides, it needs to run out the exit just as quick as its flowing in, (like if you take the driveshaft seals out of a g/box, the oil will leak out till it gets below that level)

Cool, think I need to replace it, drive it for quite a while with nothing showing on boost gauge, jus vacuum

Back