• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Not been doing to much.
Removed this....

6c3fe699ecad6d9e0a9af2677debe2bb.jpg

Along with metal under accelerator pedal, now get 100% throttle movement, instead of 79%
Which has made a big difference!
7psi straight of the mark.

Need more time on long roads to get the higher revs tuned.

Il try do some videos soon.

May have found a cheap replacment car/shell.
It's white facelift , so if all good, think ginna keep it looking stock outside, spray steels back to silver and just cut louvres in bonnet for intercooler.
Should draw less attention (Apart from silly noise)

Thinking of stripping car down over winter (somthing to do)
And rebuild from bare shell, making it more of a striped out/lightweight beasty.

Question regarding fuel lines and tank. Mines a bit knackerd so was thinking of an alloy tank on the boot (can router the external pumps better)
Also, wanna upgrade my fuel lines, (again, old and tatty)
Can I run them inside, or is that a no no? If yes, what's best tube/pipe/hose to use?

Have a quick nosey at my blog dude, recently stuck my fuel lines inside, you do as you please. Copper Kunifer tubing is the way to go, you can use 8mm microbore plumbing copper as long as it's painted :)
A friend of mine is making me a stainless steel fuel tank too, to use the same mounts etc but relocate pipes to make plumbing simpler. I'll get you some pics :)

Cool, where my pumps are, is a tight squeeze getting the braided hosrs on to the originsl pipes!

Stinks of fuel inside the car so can't be good lol

Another question........with all the engine stripped out, is the shell light enough to be put on top of 4 25l oil drums?

Lol, I wanna strip the car down to the shell....then put it on top of 4 25l oil drums.....so I can work underneath it :)

I way 100kg and one drum can support me easily.

So one under each corner should be ok?

Haha, true!

I've got dozens of these brimmed with used oil

Unless you can suggest somthing simalar and same height

Right, don't really wanna but gotta put house first.....for sale....

Turbo (tdo4, good condition)
My top mount turbo mani
M24 supercharger with mount for cg13
Preface lift grille
Anything of my preface lift car
4x frank flipped steels with good tyres

Il slap some pics up later, pm for prices

Right, don't really wanna but gotta put house first.....for sale....

Turbo (tdo4, good condition)
My top mount turbo mani
M24 supercharger with mount for cg13
Preface lift grille
Anything of my preface lift car
4x frank flipped steels with good tyres

Il slap some pics up later, pm for prices

Steels would be cool, 13"?

Car Tottaly stripped!

Question now is what to do with it?

Stripped out lightweight track bitch?

It's actually in pretty good nick.

223e4f23dc101e30ac81dd0ac0d5944a.jpg

4b377873a8eefe0ae9f5aaa2b2a39aef.jpg

f43be876ebfb5968176208827db9c3b3.jpg

Depends how serious you take it Neil.
High comp NA screamer is more at its limit
A low boost turbo is better for hard use for the same amount of power reliably

My engine is not exactly a high comp super screamer but it wasn't made really for daily use, it's idle is a bit naff but at full whack is brilliant but because its working hard its high maintenance
If I was starting again, I'd go low boost turbo or better still, a supercharger

Wanna have a go at a cg13 with cg10 Pistons, lightened pulleys/flywheel
Skim etc

Get into the guts of the engine

Is a high comp cg13 with a decentish amount of work gunna be a let down in comparison ?

Only ever driven mine as it is and a diesel van lol

Is a high comp cg13 with a decentish amount of work gunna be a let down in comparison ?

Only ever driven mine as it is and a diesel van lol
mine did 15.49 sec 1/4 mile times mate :) the subsequent +t setups have only improved that by .1 sec so far (albeit in a slightly heavier k11)
tuned n/a acceleration sort of creeps up on you (a straight/linear power band) +t acceleration usually comes in with an almighty bang and feels mega fast.
but when you time the 2 setups in reality, its surprisingly closematched
+t is more adrenalin inducing tho :D

With turbo and stuff, I feel like I've just bolted crap on, not done any real mechanical work.
All I did was remove the head.
Feel like an engineering challenge,

Sticking with my ecu, how would set the spark, still use the map sensor?

With turbo and stuff, I feel like I've just bolted crap on, not done any real mechanical work.
All I did was remove the head.
Feel like an engineering challenge,

Sticking with my ecu, how would set the spark, still use the map sensor?
your map will only be reading vacuum neil, but many modern cars run them eh, and you wont need to pull the timing @ high load as much

Would I use the tps function then?

In regards to how much skimming can be done, (what's max) would I have to do somthing to the chaun

i think the 1.0 pistons give nearly 12:1 c/r neil, so skimming will depend on what inlet cam and octane really, and a new chain will be maxing the tensioner at about 2.5mm skim.
were you running no tps before then ?

So chain will be fine?

Tps was jus used in start up (100% throttle stopped injectors, prevented flooding)

Was jus map/rpm based

a half worn lower chain will be slack @ 2.5mm skim (even with the tensioner fully out) so you need a new one really, the half links that i have are more suited to 3+mm skims (ie, a heavy skim with the stock 1.3 pistons)
but you would need a very long duration inlet cam (or very retarded cam timing) for a 1.0 piston + 2mm skim tho

Aaaaahh, read that as chain tension will be maxed out (tight), not tensioner will be maxed out.

How would I achieve that, adjustable can sprockets?

Back