• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

getting the oil rings to seal properly can be a pain in the arse neil, so unless you go for a rebore and oversize pistons etc i would leave the pistons in situ personally (and go for the heavy skim and shortened chain)
and yes, filed dowels or adjustable sprockets :)

Cool, sounds like a lot of work, but I guess that's the idea!

Remember reading somthing about putting shims on the pucks? It not neaded

buckets ? :) on reprofiled cams yes
heavy skim and shortened chain is less work than 1.0 pistons neil, the interference fit gudgeon pins are a right mission

See, my terminology is all wrong, (no idea what I'm chatting)
At least you know what I'm on about.

So 3 mm and 1/2 a link, job dine

aye, you might need to tickle the idler with a dremel tho, which slackens the lower chain and tightens the upper one.
so you end up with a high comp 1.3 and 2 very snug half worn chains with all the tensioner travel in reserve (for the cost of a £40 x 3mm headskim :) )

80083.jpg

Sweet! Well within the budget

What bout fly, got a engineer mate over road who owes me favoures, can I trim where I see fit, or is there a science ribir

I went down the high compression corsa piston route thanks to advice from frank and I could not be happier with it !

Its now 1330cc if I remember correctly but obviously you have the cost of a re-bore, the pistons are cheap though :)

I have a set of 1.0L pistons already on 1.3 rods if your interested? They were Franks which he kindly sold to me for my h/c build. I decided to go for a skim instead so they are still sitting here and need a good home. You can have them for what I paid for them? I would like to see them go to a good home :)

The turbo gives you a huge of extra mass to the front of the car. For a small track, i would build an n/a, with a bike carb :) Rev it to 9k+ and it will be a great fun :)

The corsa pistons use the same size pin so are a straight swap :) 3mm block skim ( should be done with a rebore anyway) to up the cr a bit and away you go.

Had bike carb, then turbo bike carb, then supercharged turbo bike carb..... Then realised EFI is where it's at, :)

In my Mitsubishi 4G63, the 16G turbo, with all necessary things (cooler, piping, oil cooler) takes maybe a 20 kilos (with the turbo and the exhaust manifold too). Yeah, I really like it :p
There are pros and cons. Its all about weight/power ratio and weight distribution.

Still got engine ecu and charger to sell on.

But beings I still have it, and it doesn't sell, I'm gunna find another k10 and just have a supercharged engine

So whilst I have it still, I've been thinking of repositioning charger, so I can have a decent 4 branch exhaust.

Thinking off charge coolers too, as it's less boosts pipes.

So thinking of putting charger here

2d6ed5e24f68e7b6e14cbae88ed0376f.jpg

With this charge cooler in the middle-

d498acf8d8c6d78cb3518b738f9a3f02.jpg

I'm wanting to put the throttle body pre charger too,
So my question is, with the t/b pre charger, and with the added volume of the charge cooler, would there be a problem with vacuum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like a plan neil :cool: mine draws about 3/4 bar @ idle, so i guess the s/c will double that if its displacing 2 x engine cc ?

What bout off throttle, would the larger volume post throttle cause problems?

well mine has 3/4 bar in the mani @ idle with the throttle slightly open neil, and i,m guessing your throttle will need to be open half as much (due to the s/c)
so i think you will have one and a half bar of vacuum between the t/b and s/c, and 3/4 bar between the s/c and engine ?
and my s/c is all done, i just need a big enough brushless motor to power the damn thing :) the exh mani for it is coming along ok tho

P1270479.JPG

Oooo shiny.

I was more thinking with the added volume of the charge cooler.
Or wouldn't that matter to much?

Looks great!

i doubt if the charge cooler will have any effect neil, its just the potential beltslip that might be an issue ?
with the t/b post s/c the s/c will be blowing @ idle (like how my chargepipe runs 5psi @ cruise even tho the mani is running 7psi of vacuuum)
your idea will end up with a very high vacuum entering the s/c surely ?
and those tubes are 28mm o/d stainless with 1.5mm wall thickness, which is pretty much the limit in terms of hand bending without kinks :)

So been playing about seeing how to mount the charger above the exhaust so I cann make a decent 4 21 manifold.

Easy enough to mount, problem was getting the boost from the charger to the intake, as the outlet is underneath.

So came up with a combined mount and 'boost scoop' that the charger will sit on

579ed36f2529a8ba6e08542b5bff293a.jpg

So got making

b5aaaf3d7bca827094e6c0d73b6cceed.jpg

6af089dc1c3eb403f78307151bc2f659.jpg

528634fd668233a0763cb446c70149a6.jpg

faf4b78d4b0b56f84b5a54e2e34f5f57.jpg

The blue hose will be where the boost comes from

27f5fb0d5f5e2f1ca6c8403ca7220b67.jpg

8bcf93aa31d8b383d6221fb9cf7a5b1c.jpg

5116ac5dc7c434c5d05f321a31a6c027.jpg

Throttle will be here somewhere

79007f7276f41da782fc9979d629014b.jpg

Would it be worth fitting a larger throttle body?

Beings as it's going pre charger this tine?

The original Toyota starlet one that came with the manifold is small I guess

Back