• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

What ever I do, gunna try the roller thang,

Even though I sell air compressors, spray guns....the lot, I don't have a place to spray it in

Then again, I do have a few people who have body shops who I can do deals with, but there's nothing like doing things tourself

Only thing is worry about and with my car is JAE. No WIP cars but it's how we want it. I'm not changing it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think those rules were implemented on the max power days 'yo'
It's a bit more lenient supposedly. Lol

I doubt they would turn away my homemade super turbo, or your ga16 on webbers because of asthetics

Something like that :

HondaMustang.jpg

Been playing about with ecu settings, trying to get my tacho to work via ecu output

When I enable it, the laptop gauge reads 65006 rpm!!!

Any ideas, broken gauge ?

Jus signal wire from ecu to green on tach, red live, black earth

Got It to stop reading 65000 now, dash gauge still not working tho :(

Need it for supercharger bypass signal

Was thinking off maybe changing the bypass to pressure related operation, easy enough to do

As it is, rev gauge shift light operates s/c bypass valve at 3.5k
Maybe change it to bypass valve opens at a desired psi?

Jus signal wire from ecu to green on tach, red live, black earth

Got It to stop reading 65000 now, dash gauge still not working tho :(

Need it for supercharger bypass signal

Was thinking off maybe changing the bypass to pressure related operation, easy enough to do

As it is, rev gauge shift light operates s/c bypass valve at 3.5k
Maybe change it to bypass valve opens at a desired psi?
Fixed displacement so psi should be same all the way up to 3.5k. Can you not run both off the ecu signal?

I could.....but the plugs that come with the ecu are incredibly fiddly, tight. Once they are pressed together, pulling them apart means possibility off pulling the wires from the crimps, which is looooooooooong redoing them
(Done it a few times)

Should just resolve the rev counter not working instead off changing it

How would I check the signal coming from the ecu?
What reading would I get on a meter

it sounds like its picking up the signal from every tooth on your crank sensor neil ? have you got the correct software settings logged in (36-1 etc)

Yeah mate, worked before, from old coil
But I'm either getting no signal from the ecu, or somthing else

All the ecu outputs are set up right,

probably too weak a signal then mate ? you may need an amp to drive the tacho ?
Well it'll be a digital signal, so just like you did with the shift light, run the signal to a mosfet transistor and have it switch a 12v feed from the lighter socket circuit?

That looks like what I'm gunna have to do

Unless there are dedicated rev counters that work straight of an exu

I'm not entirely sure there's any signal coming from the ecu.......
How can I check?
Could I use a led bulb.......if so, would the ecu signal go to + and then a earth wire on - ?

Cheers people!

Il pop to maplins in the morning and get a 12v led bulb.........unless I can find one round the house in something I can rip apart .......(impatient!!!)

bear in mind the a 240v a/c mains bulb refreshes at 50 htz tho neil (50 times a sec) and that looks constantly on to the naked eye, so the led would only flash at very low rpm :)
and 12v may be too high

bear in mind the a 240v a/c mains bulb refreshes at 50 htz tho neil (50 times a sec) and that looks constantly on to the naked eye, so the led would only flash at very low rpm :)
and 12v may be too high
200htz
On-off-on-off 50 times a second
4 state refreshes :)

2 amps sounds pretty high mate, that should drive any tacho surely ? and i doubt a 12v led would have time to glow ? 5v maybe ?

Back