• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

As for me mate if there is anything you need just shout got aload of K10 parts and od little parts lying about. Think I even got an old intercooler lying around you can have to get you by?

The UK seems so dodgey for this kind of stuff... Not that I can talk, having had my garage broken into weekend before last and AUD $2,000 worth of my tools stolen
Luckily I have insurance, shame that you don't...

Hope you get everything sorted ASAP!

Thanks everyone,
Support from everyone gas been great, especially those willing to help replace the stolen parts :)

I'm glad I know this place, and the good people on it

Thanks again everyone

Sorry to hear it! Complete grapes! My daily driver got broken into a few months back. Stole some stuff and took a screwdriver to my centre console. I didn't claim on insurance because it's not worth the increase. Makes you wonder what's the point in having it sometimes. Keep going mate. It will be worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCTV was useless, tracked a fox waking about, but not assholes breaking into my car

Was another fixed camera which you can see somthing happening, but it's too blurry

Cheeky gits done it at 21:02 !

So not even laye

No point, no evidence, no way would they cone out either, I live in luton, this sorta stuff happens everywhere all the time :(

Finished re-doing loom again, not as many pins pulled out, lucky the plugs bolt onto the ecu, otherwise I don't think that would still be there!
Couple more relays to do, then back on with the laptop to see what's missing

Intercooler and pipes will have to wait, not meeded at this stage

This is the live tracking off my trigger wheel...... But why does the laptop gauge read it as 5000 rpm?!?
sa9y4a9y.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I havnt done still is the calibration off the temp sensors

The coolant is the k11 sensor

The air temp is a bosch

Where do I find the info, or is there a way off testing them to get the resistance values I need?

With megasquirt there was a few sensors you could select.you have the same software so might be the same for you.

The one of them is a Bosch gm Saab its the same as the Micra clt sensor

Or test them. ... Put them under different temps and note down the resistance.
I needed 3 points so went at 20, 60, 100 degrees and input the resistance

yes i got a similar result on this linux lappy neil, i think you need to be aiming for 15 deg to 45 deg off boost, and max 10 deg @ 1 bar at the top of the torque curve (2k to 5k ish)

I take it if I put that table in, it'll go boom pretty quick

Guess il have spend a few hours browsing other maps to see what suits.........then save up and get it fine properly lol

I take it if I put that table in, it'll go boom pretty quick

Guess il have spend a few hours browsing other maps to see what suits.........then save up and get it fine properly lol
i think this area of high torque (probably 2.5 to 6k with your turbo) is the high risk DET prone region, baguete runs very low timing numbers there i believe (many years of 1 bar boosting, and yet to blow an engine apparently)
mine runs about 50 deg @ cruise, then pulls it back to 20 ish deg when i floor it :)

my2000 VT550 dyno2.jpg

Any 'speacial' considerations for the added supercharger? Pretty much instant boost......or doesn't that matter

My thought on the s/c is I don't think it'll make much difference on the map. As you turn it off and the turbo takes over. Just an instant boost relative to rpm. But if it was compound charged I'd say you'd end up having right fun

My 2 cents

I will get it mapped..... Eventually,

Bloke from redline made me a very safe map to play about with,....and it's just that, very safe, no power lol, but that cool, jus wanted to take it for a drive today :) sounds lovely

I can send my tune file to anyone who wants to look at it and see if they can improve things (honest, not a cry for someone to do it all for me)

Also, does the coil pack cam cover fit the dizzy head? Jus that my coilp plugs keep poping off as there's nothing to bolt them to

If not il maje up a bracket

I will get it mapped..... Eventually,

Bloke from redline made me a very safe map to play about with,....and it's just that, very safe, no power lol, but that cool, jus wanted to take it for a drive today :) sounds lovely

I can send my tune file to anyone who wants to look at it and see if they can improve things (honest, not a cry for someone to do it all for me)

Also, does the coil pack cam cover fit the dizzy head? Jus that my coilp plugs keep poping off as there's nothing to bolt them to

If not il maje up a bracket
CGA3. Bam. That would be awesome. CGA3DERT K10.

Back