• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Porks bike carbs and boost project

Yeah, it's on the shopping list :)

I know you don't know the pin outs, but as far you can tell, looks ok, gunna start wiring up as soon as I find connectors for coil-on-plugs

You could try shielding the sensor wires with aluminium tape then wrap in insulation tape. As a temporary measure of course.

the way you have it wired the coils will be firing on every tdc and bdc, so effectively running @ 14krpm ! (and exceeding their dwell period ?)

The ecu has ability to run 12 cylinders on wasted spark, I'm jus picking up the parallel ignition coil, so they are paired up .....if that makes sense lol

The ecu has ability to run 12 cylinders on wasted spark, I'm jus picking up the parallel ignition coil, so they are paired up .....if that makes sense lol
the ecu can do it np, i dont know if the coils can run frequency x2 tho ? wont effect lower rpm i guess :)

edy2y6y3.jpg

Is this needed now ?

Right (lack of mechanical knowledge gunna show now)

On the crank pulley, there's a few little notches, and there's a little pin on the block, does one off the little notches dictate TDC?

On the crank pulley, there's a few little notches, and there's a little pin on the block, does one off the little notches dictate TDC?
the 2nd from the left (yellow) one is tdc neil :)

dont lol, i had to ask the same thing.. still i struggle to be able to tell which marks are which and what ones I need lol

Only reason I ask is I can mount the trigger wheel in any position, but it's helpful if the missing tooth is it tdc

Last edited:
I would of though just placing the tdc in the centre of the missing tooth wouldnt be very precise. Its working on the idecation that either tooth just disappeared or the tooth just appeared to signify a call for an event

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes but the edges of that gap are where that event is called no? Not the centre of the missing tooth. Am I talking out my arse here

I don't think I am being silly but I don't want you to hold me to anything. mr skinner has done the trigger wheel setup I believe, I think my theory is correct but whether the software will account for that or the sensor accounts for the gap. I dunno.

See usually I would wait for frank and Enuo to tell me otherwise. They just insist on liking things and hiding in the dark

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Here's what bloke said when I asked about trigger wheel position

'Hi Neil,
Again this makes no difference as the base angle is set by the software. Ideally you'll want it at tdc just so you know for reference but it's not the end of the world if you don't. Basically once it's mounted, as long as you have a timing mark on the pulley you can use, just use a timing light to set a fixed timing at say 15 degrees advance and adjust the trigger offset in tunerstudio so that the timing light flashes at 15 degrees also.

Regards
Mije'

i think you should get a signal like this neil, and you sync it with a timing gun (15 deg btdc for example) so that the ecu and gun are both running 15 deg.
then compile the ignition table so that the timing is advanced and retarded to where you want it

waveform.jpg

I can't find these anywhere!

3edyzare.jpg

They are the plugs that go on the cga3de coil on plug things.....I need 4 of them.... No motor factors have them, internet only brings up company's from America, and none in local scrappy.

Can't go any further without tgem

Back