Please Help.

Hello everyone,

Need some help. Was driving last night on M56, the lost power and turned, the battery died. Called recovery and he said engine is gone. When we got home he said the timing belt is gone. When I told its got chain he said yes they have. There is compression or something. When tried with battery boaster, the engine dose not fire.

Any suggestion?

Regards

is it turning over, just not firing, was it running ok before this happened, no bangs or rattles, could be electrical, you don't say what engine.

Thanks andy,

There was no noise, bang or rattles. Yes when ignition turned its turning but not firing.

The other day I noticed that the area under/around distributor was/is oily. The plugs was not changed for the last 16k miles and fuel filter for the last 10k miles.

The engine is a 1.3

Regards

Exactly what happened to me and the missus a few weeks ago. And I mean exactly the same.For us it was the dizzy, went scrappers.......fixed.
What year is your motor???

Very many thanks,

The car is 98 and done 136k on the clock.

How to check the dizzy?

Would it help if I cleaned/replace the dizzy cap? Or does it have to be the whole dizzy?

google is your friend :)

Damp start pro.jpg

Thanks frank,

Originally I thought its a mechanical technique to start a car!!! Now I know its a product name.

Do I have open the whole distributor or only removing the cap will do?

A second question in case replacing the distributor does it have to be the same engine or there is no difference between 1 & 1.3 engine?

Regards

Thanks frank,

Originally I thought its a mechanical technique to start a car!!! Now I know its a product name.

Do I have open the whole distributor or only removing the cap will do?

A second question in case replacing the distributor does it have to be the same engine or there is no difference between 1 & 1.3 engine?

Regards
Im pretty sure you spray it in the throttle body

I took a distributor off a 1lt and put it on my 1.3.....no problems.
Also the spray can be sprayed all over the dizzy,inside and out, leads, and anything electrical.

Thank you for the replies.

I have sold to the scrapyard.

I trying to fix the other one.

I need 2 bolts for axle trailing arm. Can some one help me eqiivalant number from screw fix please?

I remember one pollyP capared the price and the part number from Nissan and screwfix. Its nearly 45 minutes i am searching for the post and can not find it. Can some one please help?

Regards

Thank you frank,

Nissan part no is 550804F100 but don't know screwfix one. I've one pair and need a pair more. Do i have to measure the length of the bolt or diameter as well?

Regards

Talked to Nissan dealer and they said a pair bolt and nuts plus a pair of bolts for linkage stabiliser will cost me 29.?? and I had o pay upfront. I paid thinking that I will return if I did not need/use them. An hour latter I called them to cancel and was told it can not be cancelled and not refundable. I told them if it was refundable why did not mention it when taking the order, and the mumbled and said its special order and has to be upfront and that means its not refundable:(

Any ways I told them they cancel it if not I will return under my statuary right within 14 days. They were insisting its not refundable and put the phone down on me.

I called my bank to stop the payment they said, if its authorised there is highly chance to through but they will argue that the terms and was not given on whether its refundable or not. I cancelled my credit card and for a new one.

Went screwfix and a pack of 50 M12x80 bolts and a pack of nuts for £19.??

Back