HELP please??

Hi there

I wonder if anyone can help me.

Went to start the car the other day (g reg '88 model 1.0l) and nothing happened.
Called out the recovery dude and he couldn't get it started.
It's not the battery, starter motor or altenator yes it does have petrol).
He said it could be the ignition relay because we have normal lights (hazards, inicator etc) but no dash lights (oil, h/brake).
You turn the key nothing happens at all.

I will try and work out how to add pics so you can see the bit I'm talking about.
But it's blue plastic about an 1" square with 4 pins coming out 1 side.
It goes above the fuse box on the drivers side under the dash.
Is it even called an ignition relay??

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Is it an ignition relay?? Where can I get 1 from?? Is there anything else it could be??

Here's hoping!!

There are some relays by the fuse box under the drivers side dash...

Got to your local scrappies and pocket them, free :)

Replace the blue one if i remeber correctly...possibly get a grey one just incase...

Have Now Looked everywhere HELP!!!!!!!

Hi I have just spent the last 2 days ringing around all local scrapyards to see if any-one had a 88/89 K10 micra and no-one seems to have one does anybody now where there is a good place to find one for spares we are in dartford kent

Or will i now have to admit defeat and try to buy one from nissan

i have tried to find one but then ended up geting a bit of wire with an in line fuse fith to blade connectors on push them to where your fuse pluged in and bobs your uncle

well if it works and is safe for now just find a new relay, cant you get a relay from maplins and rewire? i dont know from experience, some of the other guys on here have a greater electrical knowlege than mine :D

cheers

steve

Hi there peeps i was thinking the same thing about safety but i have tried to find one and no-one has one any where and my car is not running at the moment to get anywhere ive been sending my hubby out on his push bike he has covered most of the area if anyone could show me a picture of how to make my own one i would be grateful many thanks kind regards Gail

Hi I have just spent the last 2 days ringing around all local scrapyards to see if any-one had a 88/89 K10 micra and no-one seems to have one does anybody now where there is a good place to find one for spares we are in dartford kent

Or will i now have to admit defeat and try to buy one from nissan

any k10 will have suitable relays chap it doesnt have to be a specific year ;)

Any K10 from 1987 to 1992 relay will fit it, i could go upto the scrappies near me and they will have about 10 of them...will try my best to get up there, PM me your details and ill get one posted out

Hi and thanks curtis

Hello curtis thanks i have sent you a pm with my address and look forward to hearing from you either way and again as i said in my pm please dont feel like you have to go out of your way just to get this part for me many thanks kind regards sean

Back