Please help...

Hello every one,

I desperately need help.

Wanted to replace the rear axle could not do and took it to a local garage. They tried to fix it but both the long arms (I don't know if it is called so) are seized. They told me to get some new one from dealer. Locally scrappies did not have them.

Now the questions are?

1. Can the bushes be replaced or do I have to replace the whole arm?
2. What are the exact name of those ( there are two at each side one is long and the other is short)?

Regards

Thanks a bunch frank,

Where to get them?
I found this on ebay. Is it the correct one?

Regards
nah, these are the various axle bushes :)

bushes.JPG

there a 3 different types on the upper and lower trailing arms mate, i think the lower ones had an offset hole ?
Thanks a bunch frank,

I did not get the offset hole! What do you mean? Please elaborate.

I am after the lower one. The one on eBay with the diagram showing for lower one with part no 281204. But the ones you posted where totally different.

couple of more question:

1. Will an arm from a different model fit the mine? (i.e. engine size and year, 3 door 5 door )
2. Are the arms the same for all Micras or different?

Regards

the hole on the lower arms are,nt in the middle (arrowed) that one you linked is from the upper trailing arms eh
and all k11,s :)

bushes.jpg

np :) i did warn you about those bolts seized eh :D
Yes you did, but I did not get it at the time:(. I was thinking you are about all the bolts being seized due to rust and what not.

I could have got the axle with all the arms complete, If knew what was to go wrong!

Thanks anyway for all your help.

In case I find from the scrappies willthe fit? Are they all the same or different for each model/engine sie/no of door?

Regards

all the same mate, and the steel enclosed bushes in my pic are a bugger to remove/refit, so best to change the whole arm really.
that non-enclosed one that you linked is a lot easier to press in/out (but its a different size, and not offset)

all the same mate, and the steel enclosed bushes in my pic are a bugger to remove/refit, so best to change the whole arm really.
that non-enclosed one that you linked is a lot easier to press in/out (but its a different size, and not offset)
Very many thanks frank,

I will search fro the whole lower arm from tomorrow, hopefully.

Regards

Update:

Called West Way Nissan in Manchester, and was told Nissan is not supplying it anymore. The part No is 551104F103 for right side and 551114F103 left side. Searched the internet and found this site. It looks like its in Japan:(.

Does anyone know where to get one?

Regards

Try just nissan bolton bud 01204 571778 (new and used parts) say you were recommended by somebody from auto grassing may get it cheaper;)

Thanks frank,

I have collected the car from garage and parked in front of the house. I thinking of transferring the insurance to the red one and take it for MOT on Monday and book for DVLA/VOSA for Vic check.

Couple of question:

When I start the car, there is some water spiting/spraying out of the exhaust.

1. What could be wrong with it?
2. How could it be fixed?

Regards

Hi frank,

Need help with oil change coolant please.

I read somewhere here about heating the oil sump plug (if its called so, the copper ring that fits the oil outlet) a while ago but could not find now.

The question is do I need a new copper ring when changing the oil?

The 2nd question is about coolant: shall I buy ready mix one or concentrate and mix it?

Regards

Best to get a new copper ring and I'd buy premixed coolant, just make sure it's red (for ally engines:))
thanks karlj,

I could not get a copper one from halfords today and ECP was not open today. I had to use a non copper one. Don't know how it goes. It was a non copper one before as well.

Regards

Just make sure the mix is at least a third antifreeze and it's got anti-corrosion additives. Otherwise you'll get corrosion blocking the waterways

I dunno, I already used up all my antifreeze knowlege :) The Stag boys even go as far as 50/50, but the triumph stag is a special case...

I thought it was for the whole cooling system not just the engine the different colours?

are there different material radiators and matrix''?

Hello every one and thanks for all your ideas, suggestions and advice.

I have ordered the blue one. It seems the difference is the protection length. I will changed it after two years if I still had the car:).

The other day when I was changing the oil and oil filter, i noticed that the belt that is connected to the alternator has some cracks (is it called that). What is it called? Do I need to change it?

What about the other belt next to it? What is that called? Do they come in pairs or separate?

Regards

Thanks all for contribution.

Now couple of questions:

1. What are those belts called?
2. Do they come as pair or sold separately?

Regards

the 6pk675 is an indicator of the size (6 ribs/675mm long) so you could measure yours to be sure, and there should be the wider alt belt, and a separate narrower waterpump and p/s belt

the 6pk675 is an indicator of the size (6 ribs/675mm long) so you could measure yours to be sure, and there should be the wider alt belt, and a separate narrower waterpump and p/s belt
Thanks a bunch frank,

Insured the red car and applied for VIC check. The MOT is not done yet, due a hole in the corner of sill/arches. I don't know how they passed it last year and not this time:(.

Could not find lower trailing arms for the silver one yet. Declared SORN on that one.

Thanks for all your help all the way through and thanks all the forum members who given good ideas and suggestions.

Regards

Back