OMG Arnold's in hospital!

just spoken to Rimmer, sounds like a man who's had a crazy night out and got a monster hangover! there i am ringing him up to see how the new cars going and i find this out!

by the sounds of the car is gone, but he's ok and has protected no claims thank god! :)

looks like we may be going to recover what we can from the car next weekend i'm just glad my mates ok!

aw mate i cant beleive it, never thought i would ever see a thread like this. i was in watford yesturday aswell i could have sorted you out with anything and everything, wish i sor this yesturday im so sorry :( hope you feeling better

Feeling really stiff today and my head still hurt but all good apart from that. The police called to say i wasn't the legal owner or had valid insurance, but i said that's because the V5 has only just been sent off and systems probably aren't updated as yet!

Apparently i've caused over £10,000 of damage to the crash barriers. Will speak to the car recovery people on tuesday

Lucky he took the fully insured option huh?! Mate I hope you recover soon! Never nice to hear someones had an accident like this, I still point out where andy totalled a K12 on the M1 near Nottingham in exactly the same circ's

Pete, i don't know if the police would have taken any photos at the scene but are you using your powers able to obtain them if they did? Car, crash barrier etc

What do you mean? If traffic came out then yeah they'll have probably taken some pics, it'll no doubt be on CCTV, the Highways agency will probably have taken pics (to estimate the damage to the barrier)... They'll not offer the images straight away and I'd guess whatever they do take would only be available to you if they were to press charges for anything.

so how did it actually happen then??

crash.PNG

This is an artists impression of the accident. The triangles rotate anti clockwise as you can see that's the direction i was spinning in, and went arse end into the left barrier, head first into the barrier on the right.

Ouch, that does not look pleasant - especially at motorway speeds - you seem to have been very lucky not to have been involved in a Nascar style pile up after going from side to side of the carriageway.

Do you know where they are keeping the car?

Craig

Do you know where they are keeping the car?

Craig

It's with a company called Kartech. I'm going to go see it Friday. Insurance company now have all the details. The police aren't looking to prosecute. Hopefully things will start to happen now

oh dear arnold am very glad ya alive as that looks nasty mate and im glad to hear that the process of ya car is begining to start just get ya self plenty of rest mate and get back in a micra its a sign

Thanks mate, and to everyone for your concern. I'd love to get another Glanza :)

Going to see my one tomorrow now instead of Friday, just incase the highways/insurance pay the release fee and it's moved before i get there

Back