what would you do?

mean micra

www.mightymicra.co.uk
personal problems...

basically micra related but also personal...

i've been in hospital for three days getting my wisom teeth plus problem tooth removed and had to go to a hospital bout 10miles away from home...

left my car at home cos i'd be druged up when released and obviously couldn't drive...

i get home and to my horror my window arm is broken, and my bro-in-law says he did it knowing how protective i am over my car... i said well get it fixed then not to angryily...

he took it to a cowboy who snapped all the card poppers and just taped up the arm in place...

i was fuming...

my sister got home from work and seen me upset and goes so you've heard Sal(little bro) took your car for a joyride with his mates then, and broke your window... at this point i lost it...

i called the police and they say come down to the station... my parents hit the roof and now everyone has fallen out with me...

what do i do report him or just let it slide...

just to let you know he has no license, is on probation and told me to f/off as well...

right guys sorry for this i just need to calm down, my car is my pride n joy...

if someone did it to mine ide call the police and report it,,,but its you family so that changes everythig!

i dont have brothers or sisters so i cant really coment ,but if my matedid that ide report him

in my opinion, you done the right thing, i would have, i love my car aswell and if any damaged it ide go scatty, ide follow it thru, he shuldnt have been a noob with his mates (no offence) and it wouldn thave happened! persui it, i would! can you not get pics up?

I'd go through with it and report him, he obviously has no respect for you or your property, or he wouldn't have taken your car, after all, it is twoc, and we all know its that which drives all our insurance premiums up, it might even teach him a lesson.

yes its basically the same, its still stealing.
in fact its worse how can some1 pinch from their own family man

sorry to hear this dude hope every thin turns out ok including ur teeth.

if u wanna chat im only a pm away

dude ive got some spare door cards if you want them...have them for free :D i feel for you dude....

I hate it when people get confused when i get angry about someone scratching my car and their reply is 'its only a micra'. i can pop round with them tomorrow if you want buddy ?

Also you have done the right thing by getting him reported because imagine if you get a letter from the police saying you been caught by a camera, speeding.

Sorry to hear that, personally if your family don't respect your car which is obvious how much you do, then do they respect you?
My brother knows I'd ring police if he looked at it wrong, it's that or I take my sword to him!

There will never be a right solution to this but all I'd suggest is explain to the family how much you're hurt and that you've worked too hard to let even a brother ruin it!

My drive and tools are here for you if you need any help with it!

That's bang out of order. At the end of the day he is family and clearly the rest of the family are a little upset as to how far you've taken this. If you go ahead with the investigation, chances are you'll never have the same relationship with your family again, and to make it worse, you'll prob start to dislike your car, seeing as it'll alway's remind you of the event.

You've been to the police and your family now know just how peed off you are, so, if i were you, i'd (try to) arrange a chat with the whole family, and after your bro in-law has hopefully apologised, drop the case, with a clear warning it'll go ahead if he pulls any other stupid stunts.

He should realise how lucky he is to have got off lightly if you do.

Whatever happens, good luck, and hope you get it fixed soon!!

if he didnt apoligise and didnt get it sorted out properly, but instead tells you to ---- off then i think what you did is fairly justified. but having said that i also love my car too much ;)

- actually after having to bother to read other posts i think i agree with ems abit where if you to let it drop this time your relationship with your family should be ok and becuase you went to the police in the first place will serve as a danm good warning!

tbh guys im gonna be upset till i fix it... all day tommorow...thanks for the offers guys but i should be able to pick the parts up for next to nothing, if not free..lol

i've thought it through and as long as he aint ran a spped camera im not gonna persue it after listen to your comments and im not the most popular person in the household already...

i've decided to just kick his ass hard and make sure he gets a shiner, no joke i'm gonna do it, but i think i wont pop down to cop shop...

thanks guys rant over...

that's harsh mate, your in a real tight spot.

if someone took my car i'd just go straight out and kill them, luckly everybody knows that and doesn't go near my car... but if your family can't see how much this upsets you then it's like they just don't care about you...

me personally i wouldn't go as far as taking it to the police but i'd make sure that everyone understood that what he did was totally out of order...

and i also hate it when people say: it's only a micra!

good luck mate, i'd spend along time fixing the car up real pretty and use that time to think about what you are going to do, and calm down...

you'll feel much better when the car is fixed...

What if he had hit someone, killed them and driven away? The car's registered to you.. any witnesses could report to the police it was your car, and they'l come round and nick ya! - Fair enough you were in hospital, but just think what could have happened.

Your family should realise what danger hes put people in and how idiotic his actions were, and from what you've said, its like they're ignoring what hes just done!

Maybe the law was too far, but i'd expect serious punishment from my parents if i was to do the same to my brothers car etc.

If he has so little respect for you and your property. Why should you not report him? I feel that if he is able to do that to his family, then go ahead and report them.

But at the end of the day, people have different upbringings and views. So it's your choice in the end.

From what you say about him breaking it as he knew how protective of your car - he definately done it deliberately. Your parents hit the roof - they should have done that at him for breaking the law and basically stealing your car. Why they are taking his side over yours I dont know.

As Arnold said, what happens if the car was used for something like a robbery etc. The best bet is to sit down and talk to this bro-in-law and the rest of the family and explain to them that what he has done is very serious, that you have been to the police, but will drop the complaint if he agrees to pay for the repairs aswell as respecting you and your property.

If that doesnt happen then I would go to the police, family or not, and have him charged with it - it will teach him a lesson.

I would also arrange a meeting for him with you and your mates and take im for a "joyride" - see how he likes the boot space in a Micra.

scottish-sr said:
see how he likes the boot space in a Micra.

Well don't know about K11's but it wouldn't have been much good in a K12. My mate Chris is 6'6" and managed to get in the boot of mine no problem not even squashed and this is no moving the seat forward and having the parcel shelf still in place. Though you'd probably best not ask why his was in there, lol.

Your in a very sticky situation.

I'm not too sure what i'd do in the same situation but it all depends on who it was that did it. I think the police is a little too far, although in any other situation it'd be the first thing i'd have done.

Just to think of it... You have him cornered, you could play this very nicely into your hands, give him a choice - allow you to follow through with the alligation and get him charged, or bribe him (say: a decent repair job and a little compensation for the trouble ;) )

Just remember if you go through with the claim you will be very unpopular for a long time with most of your family.

eltaylor001 said:
Well don't know about K11's but it wouldn't have been much good in a K12. My mate Chris is 6'6" and managed to get in the boot of mine no problem not even squashed and this is no moving the seat forward and having the parcel shelf still in place. Though you'd probably best not ask why his was in there, lol.

Do we care if the guy that done this to Mean Micra can fit or not? The smaller the boot is, the better.

Lack of respect!

Thats a really difficult one to deal with but the way I would look at it is that what he has done with your car is a total lack of respect and the fact that your family are standing up for him in terms of making you feel like you are betraying the family if you report it they are justifying his actions at the end of the day what he has done is a criminal offence and would firstly be concerned as to wether or not he has commited any offences in your car if he has then I would deffinatley prosicute I would prosicute my own mother if it was a choice between me losing my licence and her going to prison if he hasnt maybe its best you leave it and wait till he has a car then take it for a good roasting followed by some battery acid over the paint work smash all the windows rip out the door cards and crap on the bonnet then tell him you had a good laugh with your mates ( but I must add revenge is never a good thing......Not)

Antsub said:
( but I must add revenge is never a good thing......Not)
A dish best served cold. My uncle told me of a nice silent trick, Bottle of squeezy liquid, but with paint stripper in it, casual walk by, spray away. Next day, oh look, no paint.

no-one can really advise you what to do. it all depends on what kind of relationship you have with your brother and other family members. personally i dont think i would call the police on mine but thats just me. what i would do is ask him to pay for it to get done properly from a main dealer. if he doesnt then i just would make sure i wouldnt do him any favours or ever leave my keys at home again. however if he has done this kind of thing a lot and you feel he is either out of control or doesnt care then i dont think you have any other option. its your responsability as a brother (bigger or older it dont matter) to make sure he learns the consequences of his actions. If your parents refuse to do this then i dont think you have any other option. it sounds like your family isnt that understanding and if you feel this is the only thing you can do then i dont see any other way. but just remember that you and your brother (as well as other family members) might not be the same again. i wouldnt like to be in your situation i no-one can really make this desition but you as no-one knows them as well as you.

sorry but you put "brother in law?" i thought it said brother at first. If its your brother in law (gf's brother) surely you'd just prosecute? i would have done.

and if thats the case why do your family actually care?

if he took your knowing that u like love it as much as you do,. he has no respect for you or your car, id leave the police out of it personally as it could cause family upset but id make sure he has it fixed properly(at nissan) then dont talk to him ever, that or paste him for your troubles

scottish-sr said:
A dish best served cold. My uncle told me of a nice silent trick, Bottle of squeezy liquid, but with paint stripper in it, casual walk by, spray away. Next day, oh look, no paint.

the car's still driveable though, but you know the etching fluid you put your reg no. on the windows with, well you wait for a dry day, put it on a rag and just clean his windows for him !!! :devil:

hmm i read brother at first 2 n thought u might of went abit far but read again n if hes only bro in law, who the hell is he to u!...
im chinese n as chinese custom goes to my knowledge the girls follows the guy when they get married to make a new family under his name n vice versa if its the guy being married he brings in the girl to his family (kinda ditchs hers in a sense if u get me) so since it was ur sister being married off... :) if u get my point heh but really tho imo if u dont like him keep charges on him :) i really dont know y ur family is siding with him so much tho isnt "blood thicker than water?"

i aint 100% sure bout what police do when charges r dropped do they keep the file or not but if they do drop the case in bin then i wouldnt recommend it on the point of being caught by a speed camera/accident etc... (i really dont think having a "joyride" with mates in someone else car u b travelling at 30mph driving like a learner...)

"just to let you know he has no license, is on probation and told me to ---- off as well..." he really needs to learn if he told me to ---- off like im imagining i march down to the station right away n say 2 him whos ******* now!

mean micra said:
i've decided to just kick his ass hard and make sure he gets a shiner, no joke i'm gonna do it,

ok guess im too late to give my help tho it seems this community here understands your probs n will help all we can

as for above quote, if "something unfortunate" is to happen keep us posted i wana see how it shines :D -lol

pepper :D

Back