oh Dear!! Help please

hey all im jon im new to this fourum but cut the poop lol
i have a micra 1.3 boxton with some very tastefull mods lol
anyway was drivein work friday and i lost control on some ice =[
i spun round a few times and smashed in to a kerb
i wernt going fast or being stupid im not like that (no Afeence)
anyway i got out and checked the damage and my back wheel was on the floor sideways so snaped axel
so has anyone got an ideia how much it will cost me for a second hand axel ??? ive checked all my suspenison and and arms and there fine

Sorry if i posted in the roung section

Jon

hi jon, the axles cost about £60 from the yards around here, the bolts tend to sieze inside the bushes tho and it can be a mission to fit one :eek:

hi jon, the axles cost about £60 from the yards around here, the bolts tend to sieze inside the bushes tho and it can be a mission to fit one :eek:

Get new bolts from Nissan for refitting, also check you don't have bent shocks after damaging your own axle

hey Jon

i had almost the same type of collision as yours back in july 2008, back end spun out in wet, Bang onto a bus stop kerb, real axle and other stuff wrecked. was real gutted.

written all bout it on my blog post #20
http://micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=35251

in the end the cowboy garage costed me over £500 (mine also had rare special rear abs discs) for something i could've done myself cheaper

hey Jon

i had almost the same type of collision as urs back in july 2008, back end spun out in wet, Bang onto a bus stop kerb, real axle and other stuff wrecked. was real gutted.

written all bout it on my blog post #20
http://micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=35251

in the end the cowboy garage costed me over £500 (mine also had rare special rear abs discs) for something i could've done myself cheaper

my dear lord jesus that is one hell of a blog right there matey! I read it all 4-4:30am ... that is some learning xperience pollly.. what a blog...seems like disassembly is one of your hobbies :D .. but mate you ought be greatful of all that hard work and lots o cash invested..

god bless our micras!

ian - Malta

yep learnt huge amounts from that project and looking back i can't believe how much time n effort n money i spent but in the end it was all worth it for the experience n adventure & doing what i love best and to end up with this perfect beauty and a host of knowledge to keep it going.

hehe yeah ain't hard to tell i love takin things apart to clean n the skill of putting it back together.
as a kid, if i found a screwdriver it'd be certain that something in the house was either going to be disassembled and not work or broken (hmm i think they're both the same :p)

but i guess all the tinkering over the years on bikes, PC, appliances, boilers etc and studying auto design paid off

must say the micra is one of the easiest n satisfying car to work on compared to my sisters focus or parents pug 307

this is rather strange as 2 of my mates have snaped there axel's in the space of a week one of the has smashed both wheels clean in half, snaped the axel, shocks and springs and there isnt anythng left of the front wishbone, driveshaft brakes ect ect

and the outher was exact the same slid on ice and hit the curb

I got off lightly last winter, back wheel hit the kerb, panhard rod bowed downwards...both nuts rounded when i tried to remove em to replace the rod, so i resorted to trolley jacking the rod back into shape :( Apologies for the slight hijack, but i'm in a similar situation if i knacker the axle mount thread!! Anyone got any ideas for releasing the nut apart from wire brush/WD40-ing it to death then trying the vice grips?? :eek:

if the nut is proper stuck, i carefully grind away 2 sides of a rust seized nut with a dremel till i just reach the thread then i use a spare flathead screwdriver to both split and unwind it off.
replace with new one

Nice one, cheers!Thought about going at it with the grinder...dremel is more appropriate now i've thought about it! :p

yep learnt huge amounts from that project and looking back i can't believe how much time n effort n money i spent but in the end it was all worth it for the experience n adventure & doing what i love best and to end up with this perfect beauty and a host of knowledge to keep it going.

hehe yeah ain't hard to tell i love takin things apart to clean n the skill of putting it back together.
as a kid, if i found a screwdriver it'd be certain that something in the house was either going to be disassembled and not work or broken (hmm i think they're both the same :p)

but i guess all the tinkering over the years on bikes, PC, appliances, boilers etc and studying auto design paid off

must say the micra is one of the easiest n satisfying car to work on compared to my sisters focus or parents pug 307

Yeah, Nissan is far easier worked on. Try overhauling a Pug 205/309/306/405 or citroen zx/xsara torsion beam rear axle!! I've changed a few of those over the last few years cos the young fellas locally just cant help lowering the ####in things an wreckin the bearings in the torsion beam.

My little k11 rot box is more reliable than those french boxes of s41t, and thats the reason I won't buy a k12 micra. Nissan's buyout by renault has "the hand of the frogs" all over it watering the japanese reliability in return for wider profit margins

same thought here. i also don't like the feather light disconnected driving feeling of newer cars including the k12 compared to the k11, just don't feel safe or engaging.

hey all ive got the axel off and my shocks are fine thank god as there spax gas ones lol getting new axel tomoro for 50 pound
hers a pic few pics ...
Image000.jpg

DSC-0004.gif

I've seen this sight on a lotta corsa's and clio's around here and there aint ice in summer. Here it's more like a 17 year old trying to impress :wow: the girls and losing control and clinking the kerb:blush::blush::blush:. Bending the stub axle, beam, or complete axle.:laugh::laugh:

I've seen this sight on a lotta corsa's and clio's around here and there aint ice in summer. Here it's more like a 17 year old trying to impress :wow: the girls and losing control and clinking the kerb:blush::blush::blush:. Bending the stub axle, beam, or complete axle.:laugh::laugh:

all my friends sed that but im 21 and a bit more sensible and my gf hates anythin like that LOL

Agreed im stuck lol i can not fot the life of me get theme off the old axel
my mad friend came round with a still saw and removed the ones on new axel :p hes crazy

So any advce or previous experince of getting these off ????

Agreed im stuck lol i can not fot the life of me get theme off the old axel
my mad friend came round with a still saw and removed the ones on new axel :p hes crazy

yeh, i had to cut the brackets off one with a stihl saw last week :wasntme: (the shell was scrap)
you may have to grind the heads and thread off the bolts, then spread the flanges apart and lever the arms out (then bladder whats left of the bolt, or the whole bush out after)

yeh, i had to cut the brackets off one with a stihl saw last week :wasntme: (the shell was scrap)
you may have to grind the heads and thread off the bolts, then spread the flanges apart and lever the arms out (then bladder whats left of the bolt, or the whole bush out after)

the only problem is there is no power in my garge so tomroro ill buy a hacksaw and attack theme and hope it works lol i need my car for thursday and i work 9-5 monday to friday and i go to lancaster at week end so i have to work in the dark all time sucks:(

LOL i did that with my corsa my frined wanted decat pipe off it so me and 3 lads tiped it over to take it off well anyway ive got 1 droplink off and the other is still on axel but off car just gunna do it tomoro early morning lol

Back